Chapter 14 Dark Past

Secret Admirer: Love and Obsession (prequel to Secret Admirer)

A few weeks later…

 

*The InJin couple’s relationship grew stronger day by day, but today she would be able to learn more about her boyfriend and his past that is. 

 

*Eum Yoonjin runs to hug Hwang Inyeop after a long day of school. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa!

 

Hwang Inyeop: Hello love, you seem so full of energy today! Did anything happen at school that I should know of?

 

Eum Yoonjin: I finally finished my midterm exams! 

 

Hwang Inyeop: That’s good! I’m so happy for you! How about we celebrate with something special? Date at my place?

 

Eum Yoonin: Ooh call!! *giggles*

 

*Hwang Inyeop pats her head

 

Hwang Inyeop: Let’s go then!!

 

*The couple drives off to Hwang Inyeop’s rent apartment. Cha Eunwoo watches this from afar. He glares at the couple before he walks away.

 

Later…

 

*They arrive at his rent apartment. Eum Yoonjin looks around the place.

 

Eum Yoonjin: So this is where you live? Who do you live with?

 

*Hwang Inyeop nods

 

Hwang Inyeop: Yeah just me.

 

Eum Yoonjin: I see.

 

*Eum Yoonjin continues to look around the apartment and finds pictures of him and his family in the living room.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, who are they? Are they your family?

 

Hwang Inyeop: My adopted family. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Adopted family? You were adopted?

 

Hwang Inyeop: *sits down beside her on the couch* Yeah me and my younger sister were abandoned by our parents when we were young. We were raised by a nice family who adopted us but-

 

Eum Yoonjin: But what?

 

Hwang Inyeop: My sister she’s about your age she met a gangster and spent more time with him. She barely came home after that. But one day we found her dead body at Hankang River. It turns out it was her gangster boyfriend that and murdered her. *hands clenches into fists* That’s why I had to become a gangster myself. To seek revenge on him so I had no choice but to run away from home. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oh oppa I’m so sorry. *grabs his hand* I’m so sorry to hear about that.

 

Hwang Inyeop: It’s all my fault for this mess in the first place.

I shouldn’t have granted her permission to date him.

I- *starts to cry*

 

*Eum Yoonjin hugs him and comforts him

 

Eum Yoonjin: It’s okay, oppa, I’m here. Don’t cry.

 

*Eum Yoonjin thinks to herself after hearing the tragic story of his past.

 

Eum Yoonjin’s mind: I have to restore the relationship with his adoptive family no matter what. But most importantly, I have to be with him. He’s the only one I have left. Someone that can love him and treasure him. 

 

*A tear rolls down Eum Yoonjin’s cheek as she continues to comfort him.