Chapter 9 Why?

Secret Admirer: Love and Obsession (prequel to Secret Admirer)

Few days later…

 

*Ever since Jang Dongyoon passed away, Eum Yoonjin hasn’t been acting like herself lately. She has been depressed for days and the emotional trauma has been killing her. She hasn’t been focusing well in class and it made her teachers and family worried sick about her. Eum Yoonjin lies down on the couch watching tv as she continues to sigh. Her mom slams her hand on the living room table.

 

Yoonjin’s mom: That’s it young lady! Go outside and get some fresh air!!

 

Eum Yoonjin: But umma-

 

Yoonjin’s mom: Go! I can’t see you miserable like this!!

 

*Eum Yoonjin slowly gets up, puts on her jacket and leaves the house. Choi Hyunwook looks at the door with a worried look on his face.

 

Choi Hyunwook: I hope nuna will be okay.

 

*Choi Hyunwook sighs and continues to study. 

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Eum Yoonjin kicks the streets talking a night stroll around the neighbourhood.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Why did my mom want me to leave the house in the first place? 

I didn’t want to come here.

 

*Eum Yoonjin arrives at the park and she sits down at the bench. She takes a look around the park and tears start to fall down her face as the memories of her and Jang Dongyoon flows into her mind.

 

Flashback

 

*Eum Yoonjin and Jang Dongyoon hold hands as they take a stroll around the park together. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, let’s come here every year for our dating anniversary and have a picnic.

 

Jang Dongyoon: *nods* Sure sounds like a plan. This will always be our love tree.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Haha love tree.

 

Jang Dongyoon: I want our love to grow like this tree as the years go by.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Me too oppa. I love you oppa. *clings onto his arm* 

 

*Jang Dongyoon chuckles and looks into her eyes.

 

Jang Dongyoon: I love you too babe.

 

*Jang Dongyoon leans in and kisses her confirming their promise together.

 

End of flashback

 

Eum Yoonjin: If only you wouldn’t have passed away, we would have kept this promise in the first place… Why- Why did you have to die? Why did you have to leave me here alone? 

 

*Eum Yoonjin sobs her misery away.

 

Meanwhile…

 

*It felt strange to Hwang Inyeop that Eum Yoonjin hasn’t been following him around for a while. He ruffles his hair in frustration and throws his phone on the bed. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Ugh, damn it! Why did I have to cause trouble in the first place? She’s probably still mad at me. How in the world am I going to make it up to her? Damn it, why am I thinking about her? I don’t have feelings for her… I don’t… there’s no way I like her. 

 

*Hwang Inyeop gets up from the couch and grabs his jacket

 

Hwang Inyeop: , who am I kidding? I need to see her. 

 

*Hwang Inyeop runs out of the house and tries calling Eum Yoonjin’s number but she doesn’t pick up. He tried several times but still no use. She doesn’t pick up. He gets on his motorcycle and drives off. He arrives at her bedroom window and tries to throw small stones at the window hoping she would open up but no answer. He runs around the neighborhood trying to find her until he reached the park and saw there crying on the bench. He runs to her.

 

Hwang Inyeop: Yoonjin ah-

 

*Eum Yoonjin looks up and finds Hwang Inyeop in front of her.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Go away, oppa! I’m not in the mood to talk to you!

 

*Hwang Inyeop crouches down to her and wipes the tears off her face.

 

Hwang Inyeop: I know you are still mad at me because of the police incident the other day. Look Yoonjin ah, I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry! *hits his chest* So please cheer up, hm?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Why-Why-Why does nothing have to workout for me? Why? Why!! *bawls*

 

*Hwang Inyeop slowly comes closer to her and hugs her. She bawls into tears.

 

Hwang Inyeop: There, there, it’s okay. It’s okay. It will be alright… 

 

*Hwang Inyeop pats her back to comfort her. He could feel his heart pounding against his chest and his face turning red. He had this feeling he had to be there by her side no matter what. He longed to see her smiling face again.