Chapter 24

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey everyone, this is to make up for the last short chapter and the slow updates haha
~~~

 

Eunbi knocked on Yewon’s door a quarter to eight that night, deep in thought.

 

Their last night.

 

Yewon ran to the door, quickly opening it, giving Eunbi a small smile and kissing her as soon as she saw her. They had spent all day together, but she had left Eunbi at Eunha’s to finish any last packing. Yewon was really just scared that she would break down crying if she had watched Eunbi pack her things, knowing that the one thing she had been fearing was becoming true. She had been able to ignore it for the most part, but all they had left was this night. Eunbi would be leaving in the morning.

All four of them had gone out to eat dinner together earlier, at Eunbi’s favorite Chinese restaurant of course. One last meal together with the four of them. Yewon had bought extra potstickers for Eunbi and wanted her to enjoy them while she could.

Now, they were alone together.

Yewon moved the hair out of Eunbi’s face as she closed the door shut behind them, leaning in to kiss her again. “I have something for you,” Yewon murmured against Eunbi’s lips as she smiled.

“Oh! You do now?” Eunbi said, pulling back to look at Yewon, raising her eyebrows at the look of excitement seen in her eyes. “And what might this surprise be?”

“It may involve clothing…” Yewon whispered, leaning in to pull the collar of Eunbi’s shirt and undoing the first button. She had pushed Eunbi towards one of her many luxurious bathrooms.

In the bathroom, the bath Yewon had prepared was waiting for them. She had led Eunbi to the bath, pressing a kiss to Eunbi’s lips before grazing her ear with her lips. “Get in, I'll be back in a few,” Yewon told her before quickly exiting the room.

Eunbi obeyed, slipping into the warm water. She let her muscles relax as she waited for Yewon to come back, a moment later and she reappeared in the doorway, holding a container and two forks.

Eunbi wiped her glasses as she stared at what Yewon was holding. “Is that what I think it is?” She asked, her eyes not leaving the container.

“It might be,” Yewon smiled, pushing the door shut before walking over to the bath. There was a little table next to the tub and Yewon placed the chocolate pecan pie on it, just out of Eunbi’s reach. She smiled as Eunbi stared at the pie.

With a giant splash, Eunbi grabbed Yewon, pulling her close. Yewon laughed as Eunbi practically dragged her into the bath, not giving her time to fully undress. Eunbi’s hands searched through the bubbles to untie the robe and threw it across the room, leaving it to create a small pool of water.

Picking up the pie, Yewon dug a fork into it and held a bite out for Eunbi, who quickly ate it.

“You’re the best,” Eunbi told her, leaning in to peck Yewon.

They relaxed in the warmth and steam of the water, feeding each other bites of the pie. Before the bubble disappeared, Eunbi made herself a beard out of them, laughing as she did it. Yewon laughed along with her, shaking her head as she gazed at Eunbi lovingly.

“I wish I had your camera right now,” She told Eunbi, flicking some of the foam at her.

“Well, I, for one, am very glad you don’t have it,” Eunbi smiled, scooting forward and pulling Yewon in for a kiss.

Eventually, once almost all of the pie had been eaten and their fingers were wrinkly from being in the water too long, they decided to get out. They quickly dried themselves off and Yewon bent down to grab her somewhat dried robe.

Eunbi grabbed Yewon’s waist, whispering “I wouldn’t bother putting it back on.”

The robe fell to the floor once more as Yewon brought their lips together. “Mm, well that sounds promising,” Yewon murmured against Eunbi’s lips,” But how about a massage first?”

“A massage? That sounds interesting,” Eunbi smiled, raising her eyebrow at Yewon, who removed herself from the warmth of Eunbi’s arms and walked over to one of the cabinets and took out a bottle of scented oil. She walked back to Eunbi and led her down the hall and into her bedroom.

“Lay on the bed,” Yewon ordered Eunbi, switching a lamp on and shutting the door.

Squeezing the bottle of oil onto Eunbi’s back, Yewon started to work the knots and tension out of Eunbi’s muscles. Leaning down, Yewon placed a kiss on the back of Eunbi’s neck, which soon led the massage to turn into something else.

~

~

The sunlight shined through the open curtain, lighting up the whole room and Yewon silently cursed when she realized she forgot to close them last night.

Eunbi slept peacefully next to her and Yewon quietly walked across the room to close the curtains, before slipping back into bed. Knowing that falling asleep again was an impossible task. Yewon watched Eunbi sleep, a lump forming in as she came to a realization that this was the last time she would see this sight for a while.

Eventually, Eunbi slowly woke up from her deep sleep, squirting as she tried to make out the shapes of the room. Blindly, she reached out next to her, reaching out for Yewon. Picked up her hand, kissing the back of it, before moving closer to Eunbi and letting her rest her head on her chest.

“Good morning,” Yewon murmured, kissing the top of her head.

“No...it’s not,” Eunbi whispered miserably and Yewon stayed silent, not having a proper answer to that. “What time is it?”

“It’s almost eleven,” Yewon told her, wishing that it wasn’t. Time was moving too fast and the past seven months seemed like a blur to Yewon.

They didn’t have enough time.

All she wanted was more time.

“Eleven? I guess we didn’t go to sleep until early this morning,” She said, grinning at Yewon.

“Well...we still have some time,” Eunbi said and Yewon smiled sadly. She would miss the way it seemed like Eunbi was reading her mind as if she knew exactly what Yewon was feeling. They had made endless jokes about everything being a first for Yewon and this truly was a first. A first she never wanted to experience.

She had never wanted someone to stay so badly in her life, had never loved someone so much that even the thought of being away from them was enough to make her feel like her heart had been torn out from her chest and ripped to shreds.

They stayed in bed for a while longer, neither of them wanting to move out of it ever again, but eventually, they had to get up and face the day.

“We should shower and get dressed. We promised to have lunch with Eunha and Sojung before we go to the airport,” Yewon reminded her. Eunbi sat up slightly, turning her head to kiss Yewon, before reluctantly moving out of bed and walking to the bathroom.

Yewon followed behind her, slipping under the hot water as Eunbi turned it on. They lingered a little longer than intended, memorizing every inch of each other before stepping out and getting dressed.

~

~

Yewon’s driver dropped them off at Eunha’s apartment, before pulling out into traffic and driving off. Eunha had always driven Eunbi to the airport and this Yewon would accompany her on the trip to say goodbye at the boarding gate.

Eunbi and Sojung were just finishing getting ready when Yewon and Eunbi walked into the apartment. They all mumbled good morning to each other and Yewon noticed that Eunha’s mood was as down as her own. Sojung looked at Yewon with sympathy in her eyes, giving her a grim smile.

They went to their usual cafe, the one where Eunbi and Yewon met. Eunbi ordered a stack of pancakes and two lattes. Yewon smiled sadly, remembering their first meeting where Eunbi had told her they didn’t do lattes like this in the army.

Sunlight streamed through the window, lighting up the side of Eunbi’s face and highlighting her brown eyes. Yewon let out a quiet laugh suddenly, shocking them all as she smiled widely at Eunbi, even if her eyes were slightly wet.

“Do you have your camera?” Yewon asked, knowing Eunbi would never go anywhere without it. Eunbi nodded, pulling it out of her bag and sliding it across the table. Yewon picked it up to her eye and aimed it straight towards Eunbi.

“The lighting, it's perfect,” Yewon smiled, repeating the same words Eunbi had said to her the first time she had taken Yewon’s photo. With a small flash and a click, a rectangle started to print out of the camera and Yewon patiently waited for the black square to be filled with color.

Passing the camera back to Eunbi, Yewon stared down at the photo, perfectly capturing the soft golden tones of Eunbi’s hair and the gentle curve of the corners of . Holding it up, Yewon let Eunbi look at it before she quickly grabbed the nearest knife and started to cut a rough circular shape around Eunbi’s figure.

The three girls watched her with curiosity and a bit of concern as Yewon held the small cutout in her hand. Reaching up, Yewon opens the locket around her neck, only to reveal the empty space inside. There was no photo inside. Eunbi remembered Yewon telling her that her brother had bought it for her on her sixteenth birthday and Eunbi was upset to think that it had been empty that whole time, just waiting for the day Yewon would find a person she cared enough about to fill the empty space.

Understanding lit up everyone’s faces as they watched Yewon gently push the photo into the locket, before doing it back around her neck. She covered a hand over it, holding it against her chest as she smiled at Eunbi. “There. Always next to my heart,” Yewon told her, her voice shaking slightly.

~

~

It was early afternoon when they finished their lunch and none of them were eager to rush home. Slowly, they wandered towards Eunha’s apartment, knowing that they would have to get there eventually so Eunbi could get ready.

The three of them sat quietly on the couch, while Eunbi rushed around the apartment getting ready. Eventually, she walked out, dressed in her army uniform and carrying her bag. The three of them stood up and she gave them a small smile.

“Well, we should get going,” Eunbi said, trying to muster her usual enthusiasm but falling short.

“Come here little Hwang,” Sojung said, her smile appearing as she opened her arms for Eunbi. Eunbi dropped her bag and gave Sojung a big hug.

“Do I need to give you the usual speech? Looking after yourself, okay?” Sojung told her. “I’ll see you soon.”

Eunbi pulled back and nodded, giving her a sad smile. “Please, look after them both for me and look after yourself too,” she whispered and Sojung smiled widely, nodding in reassurance.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter