Chapter 2

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn't until a week later that Yewon received a call from Eunbi. The sun was just setting and Yewon had just sent her assistant home for the day. She would most likely be here all night working on paperwork, there was no need to make everyone else stay with her. Her phone started vibrating on her desk, an unknown number appearing on the screen.

"Hello," Yewon answered, her tone betraying her irritation at being disturbed from her work.

"Yewon?"

The warm voice coming through was unmistakable, and Yewon straightened up in her seat, clearing slightly.

"Eunbi...hi," Yewon replied in a much warmer tone. A slow smile spread across her face as Eunbi's face popped into her mind.

"I know it's a bit last minute, but I was thinking about watching a movie if you would like to tag along. It's okay if you're busy though, we can catch up another time."

“I would love to see a movie with you, I’m just about to leave the office,” Yewon said, closing down her laptop.

She wasn’t, obviously, but she liked Eunbi. Yewon was a bit confused about that...how could she like a girl she had only met once for a couple of hours? Yet, here she was, leaving work early for the first time in forever, feeling drawn to Eunbi’s voice. It was like she was a siren, (😏) reeling Yewon in with her voice.

“Great, I’ll meet you outside the cinema on 33rd street,” Eunbi said in an excited voice.

Yewon hung up on the phone smiling as she saved Yewon’s number to her phone. Grabbing her bag and coat, she walked out of her office and called her driver to bring the car as she got in the elevator.

~

~

Yewon’s driver opened her car door and helped her out. She spotted Eunbi standing outside, alternating between looking down at her phone and scanning the faces of the people walking past. As Yewon walked close, Eunbi recognized her and a wide smile appeared on her face.

“Yewon, hi!” she beamed, moving to meet Yewon halfway. She wrapped Yewon in a hug, pulling back as Yewon stiffened underneath her touch.

“Oh...sorry, I should’ve asked first,” Eunbi apologized, realizing that she had overstepped Yewon’s boundaries.

Yewon dismissed Eunbi’s apology,” No, no, it’s fine, I just…didn’t expect that.”

Under normal circumstances, Yewon would hate anyone touching her. Her demeanor was usually cold, her icy stare keeping people away and settling for handshakes. Eunbi’s hug was different though, Yewon didn’t realize how much she had craved the warmth of someone else’s touch until Eunbi had wrapped her in a tight hug. It had taken her by surprise, and her natural instinct had been to close herself off. Now she wished she hadn’t.

“So the new Gfriend documentary is out if you like documentaries, or we can see something else if you don’t.”

“No, the documentary sounds great,” Yewon told Eunbi, one corner of curling up to a smile as she watched Eunbi’s smile grow wider.

“Great!” Eunbi exclaimed, looking down at her watch. “It should be starting soon, do you want to head in? The popcorn here is great.”

They lined up, and Yewon listened to Eunbi as she told her stories about her friends from her squadron and her adoptive sister Eunha. Yewon hid her surprise when Eunbi mentioned she was adopted, they both had that in common.

Once they got to the front, Eunbi asked for two tickets to the documentary before facing Yewon.

“Do you want popcorn? A Drink?” she asked.

“Popcorn would be great, and just water please,” Yewon directed her words to the cashier.

“One large popcorn, with extra butter, a bottle of water, and a watermelon Slurpee please,” Eunbi beamed at the cashier.

Yewon was surprised her face didn’t hurt from all the smiling she did. It was like she couldn’t help herself, Yewon had never seen someone smile so much in all her life. She didn’t even think she had smiled this much in the past year.

Eunbi pulled her purse out and Yewon blinked in surprise as she pulled out some money, intending to pay for them both.

“Wha- no...please, it’s my treat,” Yewon said, stopping Eunbi from handing the money over.

“It’s no problem, really,” Eunbi said, smiling at Yewon.

“That’s kind of you, but I insist really,” Yewon returned Eunbi’s smile and handed over her credit card before Eunbi could protest.

Eunbi thanked Yewon, smiling as she picked up the popcorn and her Slurpee. Yewon picked up her water and the two tickets in one ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter