Chapter 13

Wait For Me To Come Home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi,” Yewon smiled as she answered the phone.

“Hi!” Eunbi replied enthusiastically. “You were already awake, right?”

“Yes, I had to go into the office early. I have a full day of meetings,” Yewon groaned as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Damn, Eunha told me this morning that the circus is in town and wanted to know if we wanted to go with her and Sojung tonight, but I guess that means you won’t make it, right?” Eunbi asked, her voice sounding slightly dejected.

“Of course not!” Yewon protested, “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

She could feel Eunbi smile as she replied. “Great! Around six okay?”

“Sure. Would you like me to get my driver to pick everyone up or are we meeting there?” Yewon asked.

“Um...sure, you can get your driver to pick us up if you want,” Eunbi agreed.

“Okay, sounds like a plan,” Yewon smiled, looking forward to tonight.

“Okay, well I better go before I get pulled over for using my phone,” Eunbi spoke.

“What! Eunbi! Driving while using your phone is unsafe, not to mention illegal,” Yewon scolded her.

“I know, but it was important this time, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to ask you until tonight, by then it would be too late. Plus my hands aren’t on it,” Eunbi defended herself.

Yewon sighed, trying not to smile at Eunbi’s words. She wanted to be mad at her for driving while using her phone but knew that she wouldn’t be able to.

“You better hope I don’t tell Sojung later,” Yewon laughed, hearing Eunbi’s laughter come through. “Okay, you better go. Have a good day.”

“You too,” Eunbi replied,” Bye!”

The line dropped and Yewon smiled down at the blank screen. She drank the rest of her coffee and went to work. Yewon now had some newfound motivation to get through all of her meetings for the day.

~

~

Yewon found that the rest of the morning and early afternoon dragged. She spent most of the time thinking about Eunbi instead of paying attention to the endless meetings with businessmen and the committees. Technically she didn’t even have to come to half of them, but she was already walking on eggshells with her family’s reputation and didn’t want to give anyone ideas about replacing her as CEO.

As soon as her last meeting was over, Yewon quickly packed up all of her files and paperwork she had accumulated through the day. It was almost five and she wanted to go home and change before going to pick everyone up. She got Solar to fetch her stuff and with a quick goodbye she got into the elevator and went down to the car she knew would be waiting for her outside.

At home, Yewon quickly got changed into something casual and touched up her makeup. Heading back downstairs, she got back into the car, telling her driver to take her to Eunha’s apartment. She was ten minutes early as the car pulled up to the apartment building and she instructed the driver to wait as she slid out.

Knocking on the door, Yewon patiently waited for someone to answer it. She heard Eunbi’s muffled shout, through the wooden door. The door opened and Yewon was greeted with Eunbi’s wide smile and warm eyes.

“Hi!” Eunbi beamed at her, taking Yewon by the hand and pulling her inside.

“Hi. Good day at work?” Yewon asked, leaning up to kiss Eunbi. She caught sight of someone moving out of the corner of her eye and pulled back.

“Don’t mind me,” Sojung called cheerfully as she walked over to the kitchen. Yewon cleared as her cheeks warmed slightly; she wasn’t one for public affection, even if it was only in front of Eunha’s girlfriend.

“Hi Sojung,” Yewon greeted her, giving her a small smile.

“Nice to see you again,” Sojung greeted back, flashing a smile before she turned to face the hallway she had just walked out of. “HEY EUNHA, YEWON IS HERE. ARE YOU READY TO GO?” Sojung shouted.

Eunbi gave Yewon an apologetic look, wincing at Sojung’s yelling. “Sorry, they’re like an old married couple half of the time,” Eunbi muttered. A small smile made its way to Yewon’s face as she listened to Eunha and Sojung’s loud conversation happened in the hallway.

“You look great, now let’s go,” Sojung’s voice was heard down the hallway, followed by her and Eunha appearing.

“Yewon, hi,” Eunha smiled at her as she slid her leather jacket on.

“Hello,” Yewon smiled back.

“Okay, is everyone ready?” Eunbi asked, already pulling Yewon over to the door.

Everyone mumbled their agreement and they all made their way downstairs. They stepped outside and Yewon’s driver got out to open the door for them.

“No ing way Kim, you have a chauffeur? What is this? Do you have a butler?” Sojung laughed as they slid into the car. Eunbi sat opposite of Yewon, smiling at her in the dimly lit interior of the car. Eunha slid in next to Yewon and Sojung joined Eunbi on the opposite side.

“No seriously, how rich are you? Because you don’t give off that stuck up y vibe, but I feel like you could if you wanted to,” Sojung rambled, buckling her seatbelt.

“Sojung!” Eunha scolded her, as Yewon laughed quietly and Eunbi hid her head in her hands.

“You two are going to be the death of me,” Eunbi sighed, shooting Yewon another apologetic look.

“I mean, you’re not wrong,” Yewon shrugged, “I don’t have a butler, but I can be very stuck up and very y when I want to get my own way.” Yewon laughed, seeming unashamed as she admitted the truth.

“How often do you not get your own way?” Eunbi asked, raising an eyebrow at Yewon. She had yet to see this side of Yewon that she described.

“In the end? Never,” Yewon smirked as everyone laughed. Money and power had their perks and Yewon knew how to use them to her advantage.

~

~

They got to the showground and joined the ticket queue. Yewon had already got Solar to reserve them four front row tickets and she insisted on paying for them as the woman behind the glass divider handed them over.

The four of them walked into the dark tent, walking through the tunnel led to a brightly lit area, where performances would take place. Their noses were hit with smells of popcorn, cotton candy, and other sweet treats. Yewon smiled when she saw Eunbi’s face light up.

“Come on,” Yewon said, tugging on Eunbi’s arm and gesturing to the food stands with her head, “What do you want?”

Five minutes later, all four of them had their arms full with a charity of food and drinks, courtesy of Yewon. They walked through the gate that opened up to seats of the main arena, looking up in awe at the ceiling far above them. Filing into their row, the four of them took their seats and started chatting among themselves, waiting for the show to start.

“Hey, there aren’t any animals used in here, right?” Yewon asked, her forehead furrowing in concern.

“Nope, they banned the use of animals in these things a few years ago. We’ve got freaky clowns and acrobats instead,” Eunbi reassured Yewon, smiling as she shoved a bunch of popcorn into .

“You’ve never been to one of these before?” Eunha asked curiously, her eyebrows raising in slight surprise. Yewon shook her head, giving Eunha a small smile.

“Didn’t Eunbi tell you? I haven’t done anything,” Yewon laughed.

“Yeah, I know all about your list, but come on, it’s the circus!” Eunha said, “Everyone had been to the circus before!”

“Not me. I feel like I was lucky, at least I was never afraid of clowns as a child,” Yewon laughed again.

“Well by the end of the night you’ll be afraid of clowns as an adult,” Sojung told her, “Seriously, these guys are freaky...and we’re right at the front.”

“What! The clowns are so much fun!” Eunbi protested, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter