Behind bars

Behind the Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo

"Momo!" Jihyo called once I'd gotten out of the elevator and was heading to my office

"Yeah?" I asked with a raised eyebrow trying to understand why she'd called me at our workplace like that.

"I need to speak with you. It's urgent. Please" she spoke urgently and I knew that something was up or else Jihyo wouldn't look so lost and scared. I nodded and pointed to my office and she seemed to crumble with relief.

 

"Momo I- I don't know how to say this, but Nayeon's missing." She said as soon as I'd shut the door and turned to her asking her to speak.

I felt everything in my blood freeze as she told me Nayeon was missing. It couldn't be right? I saw her last Friday and today was Monday. There had been only two days in between. She probably was sick or she went somewhere.. she couldn't possibly go missing.

"Please... Please help me find her. We were supposed to eat lunch together on Saturday but she never showed up so I went to the hotel she was staying at and asked for her but they said that she'd not been seen since the day before. Momo, it doesn't sound right to me! I wanted to file a report to the police but I'm afraid that I'll only make matters worse. I don't know what to do. I need help. Please, I don't know who else to go to. I don't think she's safe-"

"You're sure she hasn't been seen?" I asked after a beat trying to wrap my head around all the things she'd just thrown at me.

 

I ran a hand through my hair going through the possible situations she could have landed into before jumping to the actual fear gnawing at the back of my head. A part of me had expected this to happen sometime, but this was too soon! If I was right, then I knew where she would be but getting her out was going to be a problem and things would have to go in a direction I wasn't prepared for. At least I wasn't ready for it yet.

"Maybe she just went somewhere? Like to relieve her stress? Perhaps she took a small trip" I said trying to find another reason for her disappearance.

"But- She'd have taken her phone or something right?"

" Maybe she really wanted some alone time"

" I.. i don't know. But you might be right. "

" We should probably wait for another day and check. Don't tell anyone else about this please. I really do not know who's on which side anymore. Please Jihyo" I requested before she left and I slammed my head on the table trying to figure things out. Nayeon was probably missing, Irene was mad, I was lost, Jennie wanted me to end things quickly, my dad was after me. I just had a lot going on.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath calming myself when the door banged open yet again. I ignored i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter