Closer

Behind the Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon's POV:

The last two days were a blur for me. I tried to find Momo but I didn't know where she was. I tried checking all the cameras on the road but after a certain point her car had vanished. I hadn't heard of a car accident or anything like that so I knew that she hadn't died like that. All I could do was wait and see if she turns up on Monday for work. Everyone had been worried for Momo back at the agency. They all had been impressed by her accuracy in fighting with a blindfold but they were also mad that she hurt the trainers so badly. But that anger soon dissipated as they saw how badly she got hit by her devil of a dad.

 

I was in office talking to Mina and Sana when I saw the elevator door open revealing Momo and the newbie Nayeon. They were talking to each other and Momo seemed happy and she smiled!. I was shocked and confused at the same time. I looked down back at my work and when I looked back up Nayeon was telling her something to which she nodded and came towards us. She came in and walked over to her desk. I observed her and tried to find out if she was still hurt and sore. I couldn't make out as she seemed to be doing a good job hiding any pain. She didn't tell us anything and the awkward atmosphere was very obvious. Sana and Mina excused themselves leaving me alone with Momo. I wanted to talk to her but I didn't know what to say. She was wearing a black full sleeved shirt to cover her arms and she was wearing beige full pants with sneakers instead of heels which meant that she was in some amount of pain. I just went back to my table and continued to work not knowing what to do. After maybe an hour, she finally broke the silence to ask me "How are the sales in sector 4? We had increased the production of that unit but I don't see any data on the sales"

I was shocked to hear her speak but I didn't know what she was talking about. I hadn't been paying attention to the files  "Uh... I don't know" I said looking at her. She looked at me then and nodded her head.

"How... How are you?" I asked her. She stiffened but looked back to me and gave me a cold smile "I'm fine thanks.".

"It's not the first time he did it to you right?"

She took a while before answering "No"

I wanted to ask her more but she cut me off by saying "We're working Jeongyeon, let's focus here."

Jeongyeon? I mean that was my name but she hardly called me that!.

Soon, lunch approached and I wanted to talk to her but she just got up grabbed her keys and walked out. I saw her approach Nayeon's table and say something to her with a smirk. The girl just looked at Momo and went back to her work. Momo waited there for 5 minutes before Nayeon got up and they both went out together. I decided to follow them so I sneaked out and stole Sana's car. I sent her a text saying I would be using her car so that she doesn't freak out. I followed Momo to a small café. I parked my car in a place she wouldn't see me. The glass was tinted so she couldn't see inside luckily. I watched her scrunch her face in pain when she sat down on the sofa. Nayeon came back with their drinks and a sandwich and sat down next to her. Momo laid her head back and seemed to be relatively comfortable around Nayeon. They talked and had their lunch when they came out of the café. Nayeon said something that made Momo let out a stunned laugh. I saw them walk towards her car and this time she tossed the keys to Nayeon while she got into the passengers seat. They drove back in the direction of the company. I waited for 15 minutes before turning back.

 

Momo's POV:

The atmosphere had been too awkward so I was glad to go out with Nayeon. We went over to the café and I sat down on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter