Bruises

Behind the Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon's POV:
I wanted to stop him so badly from hurting Momo. I could see she was in so much pain but he just kept hitting and hitting her. How many times had she come home sore from this? How many times had he done this to her? She didn't make a sound and took it all and occasionally whimpered in pain. I couldn't see her in pain but I couldn't move either. I was frozen. After a long while he stopped. I wanted to run to her but my legs wouldn't move. He turned to us and started to speak. I couldn't listen to him. I watched as Momo slowly got up and made her way to the locker room wobbling and limping. She was hurt badly I knew it. I wanted to run to her and check how badly she was hurt but I her dad was still talking. He only stopped after 15 minutes and when I ran to the room, she wasn't there. I panicked and ran to the basement to where her car had been parked, but it seemed like she had left. How... How could she drive? Where was she going? I was freaking out. I should have intervened and stopped the fight. I should have done something but instead I just stood and watched her get hit again and again and fall to the floor. I was so mad that I didn't notice I was hitting the pillar and that I had sunk to the floor crying. I felt someone pull me up and guide me back to our rooms. I just blindly hugged that person and began to cry uncontrollably. My best friend had gotten hurt and was in so much pain and I had done nothing to help her. I remember the time she went against her dad to support me when I had accidentally slipped while training and twisted my foot. But I... I had just stood there and watched her get hit and beaten. I didn't even know where she was going or anything. I felt another pair or arms go around me and hug me tighter. I wasn't the one in need of help I wanted to scream at them but I couldn't. My voice was gone. I cried and cried and cried and couldn't stop crying. I felt so guilty for never having noticed it. This wasn't the first time she had gotten hit like that. She had been lying to me talking about beating up gangs. Why did she lie? After a while I stopped crying and was soo tired that I passed out from all the crying.

Nayeon's POV:
I had made some simple Korean dishes like Japchae and Bulgogi. I was excited as it smelled great and looked good too. I had finished doing the laundry and had folded the clothes and was taking it inside to her closet when I heard the door open. I looked to greet her with a smile but she was bloodied and beaten up. The clothes fell to the floor and I could see she was falling too. I ran to her and managed to catch her by the shoulders before she fell to the floor. I dragged her to the room and laid her on the bed. I bit my lip unsure of what I had to do. I saw her gum had been hit as her teeth were bloody. She had a few scratches on her forehead but no one would pass out because of that right? I mean it wasn't that serious was it. I noticed her shirt had been drenched with sweat so I slowly lifted it up. I gasped and fell back on my .  There were soo many bruises on her stomach! There was a huge bruise on her stomach. I couldn't even notice her abs because of all those bruises. What errands had she gone to finish to get this? Was this because of me? Oh gods I hoped not. I ran to the freezer and grabbed some ice and made an ice pack for her stomach. I went over to where I had seen her keep her medical supplies and grabbed the ointment. I went back to her and slowly lifted her shirt. Her hair got stuck so I had to slightly turn her to remove it. Her back was in a similar state with a huge bruise in the centre. How much pain had she been it? I ignored her half body and began applying the ointment and used the ice pack on her bruises. I cleaned her face and her bloodied mouth while she slept like a stone. I was relieved she was asleep as it would have hurt had she been awake.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter