Misunderstandings

Behind the Mask
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo's POV:

"I'm telling you that this is drugged!" Nayeon said with a groan as she sipped on her Caramel Cream Frappuccino.

"You say that everyday" I said with a chuckle

"Which is exactly why I think it has drugs in it! I feel like I always need it before going to work" she countered

"If you say so" I replied with a faint smile as I pulled up before my company.

"I do! And besides all you drink is a plain old Americano! How would you know if they've actually drugged you?" she whined and I jut shrugged in response.

"Uh.. Did you fill in the forms for the meeting tomorrow?" I asked her as we waited for the elevator.

"Mina told me to fill in only the details regarding the investments made... Should I have filled in the rest too?" she replied, snapping into her work mode.

"Also.." she started, causing me to turn and look at her.

"I've been thinking about moving back to my place.. I.. Uh don't get me wrong, yours is great and you've been very kind to have lent me your stuff all this while, but it just doesn't sit right you know? I love it and I've had a lot of fun but- "

"You feel awkward" I supplied and she nodded with a grimace.

"I know we're dating now and that it's probably okay for me to camp at your place and borrow your clothes, but you know.."

"I get it.. It's okay. We'll talk about it later tonight okay?" I asked her and she nodded pursing her lips. 

"Yeah, I'll see you at lunch then" she said and I flicked a hand in acknowledgement as I veered towards my office. I pushed the door to find both Mina and Sana lounging on the couch while Jeong seemed to have not arrived yet.

"Any meetings for today?" I asked as a way of greeting as I made my way to my desk.

"Nope.. You had one at 11 with KME I think, but they cancelled. The boss is sick apparently, and they'd not be comfortable having a meeting without him." Sana replied

"Hmm"

"Anything worth telling apart from that?" I asked

"Nothing related to non-office matters please." I added when I saw Mina exchange a glance with Sana.

"Huh" Mina snorted before shrugging

"English please" I said with a sigh knowing I'd get nothing from them. Mina and I.. Weren't on the best of terms after all. We were partners before. Before I left the agency without telling any of them. And Mina'd taken it in the wrong way. And had held it over me all these years. If only they knew that I'd quit only to keep them safe maybe they'd see me differently.

"How's your girlfriend?" Mina asked with a sneer.  I frowned unable to decipher the reason behind her sudden question, but answered nonetheless.

"She's good"

"Is she really?"

"What do you want?" 

"Do you really love her?" she asked and I felt my frown deepen, just as my phone beeped.

They know about Nayeon. The text from Jennie read. I dragged my eyes back to Mina and stared back at her

"Why did you hire her Momo?" Sana asked

"You do know that she has a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter