Chapter 16

Reve Inc.

 

 

CHAPTER 16


 

“I hate you.” 

 

Irene said while giving a peck on Wendy´s lips.

 

“I…” Another peck, “hate…” other peck, “you…”, one more peck.

 

Wendy could only smile between every peck and the nonsense of Irene´s words. “If this is how you hate, I cannot wait to see how you love.”

 

Irene made a face by how cringy she got with that...but surrounded Wendy´s neck with her arms anyway. “Shut up.”

 

Wendy laughed while grabbing Irene´s waist to pull her even closer and give her an actual kiss, Irene sighed softly while reciprocating those sweet lips.

 

Almost a week has passed since their first kiss inside Wendy´s car and Irene could not stop herself anymore from trying to make out with her every morning when her cutie arrives at her house to pick her up. She made Wendy promise to get early so they could have breakfast together but it was hard to even pass the door when all they wanted was to kiss each other.

 

Work has been hectic and Wendy apologized to Irene for not getting an actual date again and Irene reassured her that they could count every morning as a date and she didn't mind at all as long as they kept getting to know each other more everyday.

 

So far everything has been smooth, Wendy has been eating better and Irene always asked her random things to get to know about her past, even her ex story came out and Irene completely understood her. In addition, she also discovered Irene became a homebody that enjoyed doing laundry and watching dramas in her free time due to the distance with her family living Daegu and Seulgi being one of her few college friends, which Wendy understood as well. The only thing Wendy didn´t get, is why Irene suddenly declared to hate her this morning in particular. 

 

Their kiss was broken by the lack of air, both bumping their nose while seeing the other´s eyes lovingly. 

 

“Seriously tho, why the sudden hate you thing?”

 

“I hate you...because I don't think I can stop kissing you now…” Irene gave her another peck while finally releasing her neck and walking to get their food from the kitchen.

 

Wendy could not help but laugh at that statement. “Oh, and I am the cringy one? Is not my fault lady, you are the one that attacked my lips first.”

 

“Shut up.”





 

At lunchtime…

 

Irene told Wendy that Seulgi really needed to talk to her in private, so she could not eat with their usual table group.

 

“Sure. Everything ok?”

 

“I think so, she probably just wants to tell me some gossip about our college classmates or something like that.”

 

“Well, Yeri, Joy and I will be at the same table if you still want to join.” Wendy smiled at her.

 

“Of course.” Irene returned the smile, cursing on the inside the fact that she can't kiss Wendy in public.

 

They both went to their respective table and Wendy regretted the decision almost immediately when her friends started to .

 

“Oh you guys are actually able to stay separated?” Sunmi, the person Wendy less expected to start this, speaked first.

 

“You both are probably kissing all the time inside your cubicle, you erts!” Yeri contributed. 

 

“When is the wedding?” Joy simply asked and Wendy felt even more uneasy by how casually she said that.

 

“What is this? High School?” Wendy never knew how to react to this kind of situation.

 

“Yes, and if you start singing about your love for her we could be in High School Musical too, with your blond hair you already look like Troy.” Yeri could not help to tease more on every occasion, all the time actually.

 

“You three are rats.” Wendy said with indignation, starting to eat her lunch.

 

The other three women laughed at the lack of hostility coming from her. Wendy was an easy target for the teasing because of her personality and they always took too much fun of that.

 

“On a more serious note, Wendy you didn't do what I told you before…” Sunmi indeed looked more serious while talking.

 

Wendy gulped her food in an attempt to gain some seconds of confidence to answer to that.

 

“I know, I have really tried but I honestly...kind of forget every time we are together…”

 

Joy raised an eyebrow while looking at her with incredulity, “You mean that you forget to talk cause you both are always busy making out.”

 

“...I have really tried, the timing just didn't feel right you know?! Besides, I already set my mind on telling her tonight, we finally have time to go to a nice dinner.”

 

“Oh, that fancy seafood restaurant that is close to your department?” Sunmi was always interested in all the good food places in the city.

 

“Yes, that one! Considering what day it is today, I decided to talk to her about that and be completely open from now on…” Wendy ended that sentence with some doubts, she was more nervous than what she wanted to admit. She really hoped to not get Irene upset.

 

Yeri looked at her other friends with an evil smile, Joy and she shared the info with Sunmi about Irene already knowing about Wendy's job position. The three of them just wanting to give Wendy a little push to have an actual relationship this time, convinced Wendy to have a romantic dinner for once, and this gave the perfect excuse.

 

Meanwhile, at the other table. Seulgi was eating with excitement and Irene was nice enough to wait for her friend to start the supposedly important conversation. But that moment seemed to never arrive and she decided to start this herself.

 

“So...what did you want to tell me?”

 

“Huh…?” Seulgi, stopping in mid air for another bite of her meat, seemed truly lost here.

 

“You wanted to tell me something, right?”

 

“Ah, yes! You are right, I almost forgot.” Seulgi, saved for being a nice soul cause otherwise Irene would have felt she was just kidding around with her. “I just wanted an excuse so you could tell me more about you and Wendy!”

 

“Oh, I guess we have not talked too much lately huh?” Irene smiled at her best friend, “She is so cute Seulgi, I honestly can't believe myself sometimes but I truly feel like I won the lottery or something when I am with her.”

 

“Awww.”

 

Irene chuckled. Normally Seulgi was always one to listen to her love life, or lack of it. But Irene couldn´t stop herself from saying sappy things when thinking about Wendy.

 

“Oh, and guess what?”

 

“What?”

 

“She invited me to this nice restaurant to have dinner tonight, she even seemed so nervous and cute.”

 

“Nervous about a dinner? You guys have been all lovey dovey these past few days…”

 

Irene shrugged. “I think she is still getting used to...us? I mean, as the two of us to be together…?”

 

“Mmm, maybe. Oh! What if she actually is gonna ask you to formalize it? People still do that, right?”

 

“You think she is nervous about asking me to be her formal girlfriend?”

 

Seulgi nodded. “Maybe she wants it to be all romantic and stuff, that is why she got nervous.”

 

Irene pondered that possibility, she also wanted to have something formal beyond their shared breakfasts and make out sessions after all. A big smile spreading on her face. “Maybe you are right, I really hope for her to do that!”

 

I really hope so... taking in account that this could be my last day here…

 

The results of the trainees will be out the next day.