Chapter 3

Reve Inc.

 

 

CHAPTER 3

 

The woman didn't really saw Joohyun, because when she noticed her she fixed her posture and actually smiled sweetly at her while bowing a little.

 

“Oh, I´m so sorry. I am used to Wendy having her space alone, that was rude of me. But it's nice to meet you, my name is Park Sooyoung but everyone here calls me Joy.” Now with that nice smile Joohyun could not be that intimidated...right?

 

Well, now at least Joohyun can see she is not as much trouble as she initially thought but the fact that she talked to Seung-wan so seductively really bothered her for some reason...professional reasons of course.

 

“Hi.” Said Joohyun with her small calming voice. “Nice to meet you, my name is Joohyun…” Sensing that Joohyun would not talk more, Seung-wan decided to interject.

 

“Joy is the head of Human Resources, she is very social and likes to friends like this, so don't get scared.” Seung-wan smiled at her sweetly and Joohyun was feeling her cheeks getting warm...but then she realized….head of Human Resources…

 

Joohyun suddenly standed up to do a formal bow and talked a little bit louder. “I'm sorry sunbae! I should present myself better, I am Bae Joohyun and my english name is Irene, please take good care of me!”

 

To say Joy was surprised is gonna be a lie, honestly every new recruit has that late answer when she mentions her position but at least Joohyun made a cute impression on her, at least it wasn't like that one girl that met her during lunch and spited her Gatorade all over Joy´s shirt.

 

“Is ok, you don't need to be so formal, I was the one that came all inappropriate anyway.” Joy chuckled. “Is it fine if I address you as Irene? I honestly see everyone´s files and some korean names are just too repetitive and I start to mix faces too much.” Joy laughed like she just remembered something funny.

 

“I...yes, it's totally fine to call me Irene, Ms. Park..”

 

“You can call me Joy too, Ms. Park is my mom and I´m 24 so…” 

 

She is so young! Irene thought. “Oh, it will be Joy then.” Irene gave a little smile but she didn't know what else to say so she just sat back.

 

“So...mylady Wendy, lunch?”

 

“Yeah, just let me save some files here and I will go.”

 

“We will eat at the cafeteria today, they got kimbap and pizza.”

 

Wendy chuckled. “Are you telling me highlights of the menu or what you want me to buy for you?”

 

“Both.” Joy smiled at Irene. “Feel free to join us too Irene, everyone is welcome at the table.”

 

Irene didn't expect this, she really thought Joy was romantically after Seung-wan so it was weird for her to be third wheeling. “I...well…”

 

Seung-wan locked her computer and turned to see her with her sweet smile, “It would be lovely to have you with us, if you didn't bring your own lunch the food here is quite good, I can treat you as well and I can present you some people from other departments if you want.” 

 

Irene felt her cheeks getting red again. Why do you have to be so nice?! “Thank you Seung-wan I would love to have lunch with you two.” Irene smiled timidly.

 

“Seung-wan..? You can call her Seung-wan?” Joy seemed to be something between curious, confused and entertained. 

 

But now that Irene thinks about that...they never settle how to call each other, Seung-wan did say she could call her Wendy but since they presented their korean names first Irene thought the english names were only for the international clients.

 

“Um… I´m very sorry, but I just realized I never asked you how we could call each other…” Irene was blushing again but this time it was due to embarrassment.

 

“No no, is ok really. Seung-wan is ok, but if you prefer Wendy that is ok too, it's just that everyone here calls me Wendy already.” Joy lifted an amused eyebrow with this but she chose to stay silent...for now.

 

“Oh, I will stay with Wendy then.” But Seung-wan sounds cute too, I hope to get closer to her so I call her Seung-wan properly.

 

“That's ok, shall we go?” Wendy lifted from her chair and Joy guided them to the elevator with a smirk on her lips.