Chapter 8

Reve Inc.

Author´s note: This chapter is by far the shortest, so to compensate I will update tomorrow too. Thanks for reading my first fanfic, the next chapters are going to get way longer from now!

 

 

 

CHAPTER 8

 

Irene was telling the truth when she said to Wendy that she had only been in two relationships before, both of them with women that were really direct with her since the beginning and made it clear they were flirting, Irene was not one to chase someone but rather the one to receive the attention. Her two breakups were the same, they realized their personalities didn´t matched that well and because of busy work schedules the time together wasn´t getting the best of them, they were mature and they just had to move on, the initial love was already cold enough to see it coming anyway…

 

So, Irene being a mature, awkward adult that she is...was currently overthinking how to flirt with Wendy without crossing any line between them, she could come off as desperate, needy or even creepy if she just tells Wendy everything she wants from the moment they met each other...to tell her she felt sparks when they shook hands and stupid butterflies whenever Wendy slided her chair closer to her when they talk…

 

I am in deep shi-

 

“Irene?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Are you alright?” Wendy, the subject of her overthinking was looking at her with worry and all Irene could think was how cute her eyes are.

 

“Yes… is just, I have a lot in mind…”

 

“Oh...is there something bothering you? Do you need help with something?”

 

Irene could not even lie about having loads of paperwork when she was already done with everything, hence why she could give herself time to space out for a while. Sunmi sent her an email with a happy emoticon about reducing the amount of work to those who have been doing it great during the previous months, so she was really free most of the shift.

 

 

Although the reality was different, Sunmi reduced everyone´s paperwork because of those who screwed it up, so the trainees were restricted to do certain tasks now.

 

“Well…?” Wendy was just too precious and wanted to help Irene with whatever she would say.

 

A lightbulb inside Irene´s mind.

 

“Well...I was...thinking what to eat today for lunch, that's it.”

 

 

Wendy made a funny face, probably not expecting that answer. “Oh...mmm, what about...hamburgers…?”

 

 

Irene gave extra points to Wendy for trying to help despite being a silly reason as to why she seemed so lost in thought, she had to chuckle a little.

 

 

“You don't like hamburgers…?” Wendy seemed even more confused now, Irene smiled brightly.

 

“Is just...you look really cute now…” Wendy was blushing already. “And...I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with me...outside...just the two of us….” Dammit Irene pull yourself together! You sound so nervous.

 

But before Irene could reprimand herself more, Wendy interrupted her thoughts.

 

“I...like a date..?” Wendy couldn't possibly be more red and Irene wanted to laugh a little over how different she is acting compared to when they met. 

 

But instead of that she just nodded her head with confidence. 

 

“Yes, I would love to.” Now it was turn for Wendy's smile to disarm Irene completely.

 

“So...hamburgers then?”