Chapter 17

Reve Inc.

 

 

CHAPTER 17


 

Irene was happily typing on her computer while thinking about tonight's possibilities, if Seulgi was right with her idea then she would be extremely happy by how cute Wendy would look being all nervous. Of course Irene was planning already to say yes, having some drinks to celebrate and take Wendy to the Han River to have a romantic view to give her some kisses. Yup, Irene was on cloud nine while expecting a really pleasant dinner.

 

And right at her side was Wendy, filing reports and ignoring Yeri´s text messages with articles about “ could help when you lie to your significant other.”

 

Pfft, this rat. Is not like I cheated on Irene with someone else...I just need to clarify everything.

 

Which reminded Wendy to ask something.

 

“Irene?”

 

“Yes?” Her desk neighbour turned to see her with sparkling eyes and a bright smile.

 

Wendy needed two seconds of admiration to come back to the topic. “I...umm, how are you?”

 

Irene lifted one eyebrow, like asking her where this conversation was going. “Fine...how are you?” 

 

“Fine, but I mean...How are you feeling, like today?”

 

Both of Irene´s eyebrows frowned, now getting confused. “About tonight you mean? I am actually excited.” Her happy smile was back.

 

“Oh, I am excited too. But...what I mean is how you feel about...today?”

 

Irene inspected Wendy as to try to figure what the blonde meant, and then it hit her. “Ahhh, you mean about today being my last day?” 

 

Wendy nodded.

 

“I am ok actually, not my first job, probably not the last one either. It would really be a bummer if I don't get accepted after doing a well done work tho. To be honest with you, if I don't get hired the worst part for me is going to not spend as much time with you like now.” Irene stated simply.

 

Wendy was honestly not expecting this. “Not even a little nervous?”

 

“Nope, it will be what it has to be.”

 

“I...oh, ok then.”

 

Irene chuckled. “You thought I was worried and stressed, didn't you?”

 

“Well….yes, a little bit.”

 

“I am ok Wendy, seriously. Again, not my first job.” And since you want to formalize things, there is nothing to worry now…

 

Wendy crossed her arms and her eyebrows frowned a little bit, she was thinking out loud. “I guess...I don 't get it since this is my first and only job, I just assumed you could be as nervous as when I did my first interview here....but yeah, it is different and besides you already got previous experience...by the way, why did you leave your previous job?”

 

“I just...didn't like it anymore. The work environment in the previous place just didn't suit me I guess…” Irene shrugged, not really paying too much importance to the question and went back to resume her work.

 

“Oh, ok.” Wendy felt there was something else to that story, but she could always ask in another time. After all, despite the outcome of the trainee´s results, she wanted to keep seeing Irene no matter their work schedules. “Is kinda good to be Friday today tho, if tomorrow we are no longer co-workers we can start making up the lost time on the weekend, how about that?”

 

Now, that captured Irene´s interest one more time, “Oh, are you already inviting me to more dates even before our date tonight? What did I do to receive such an honor? Of course!”

 

Wendy laughed, relieved to see a relaxed Irene again. “And since you like to stay home, we can just stay there and watch some movies if you want.”

 

“Is this your version of saying Netflix and Chill?” Irene said with a smirk.

 

“You ert woman, this is my version of literally just watching Netflix and literally just chill with you.”

 

“Lovely, I accept your proposal.” Irene felt bolder in the moment and raised her hand to the back of Wendy´s neck to pull them closer and lean to kiss her.

 

Wendy reciprocated instantly but just for a second, breaking their closeness by moving her head back.  “Irene, we are still in the office. Someone will see us either here or in the cameras.”

 

The woman still grabbing her by the neck just shrugged her shoulders. “We don't even know if I am coming back here, and we are in a cubicle, let's enjoy just one kiss…” 

 

Her voice came sultry and Wendy felt like the biggest submissive person now, a good thing she was already sitting in her chair because she was sure her knees were trembling a little in anticipation.

 

Oh, screw it!

 

Wendy gave a little nod and she immediately felt Irene´s hand pulling her neck again to kiss her roughly, their lips interlocking with need and hot breaths in between. Irene at some point bit her lower lip slowly and if not because they heard close footsteps to separate themselves, she was sure she would have told Irene to continue in her car in the parking lot of the company.

 

They were all hot and doing short breathings, Irene just smiled at her and the both of them just laughed it out.

 

This woman will be the death of me…



 

Finally, at the end of their shift…

 

They went inside of Wendy´s car to head directly to the restaurant, it was pretty close and maybe after eating, if everything went well and Irene doesn´t kill Wendy tonight, they could have time to go to a park close to the Han River and have a romantic view.

 

And if things go REALLY well, maybe she will be down to continue what we started at the office in my apartment…

 

“You did a reservation?”

 

“Yes, the place is relatively new and it gets busy, especially during weekends. I got lucky to still get one that was right after our exit time.”

 

“Is it elegant?”

 

“Umm, not that much. And besides, we are already wearing suits, I don't think we could get there underdressed you know.” Wendy smiled, “So don't worry about that.”

 

Irene smiled as well while looking at the buildings of Seoul through the window, she was sure that Seulgi was right about tonight.

 

When they parked, Irene could see that it was actually more of a classy restaurant than Wendy wanted to tell her, it was called “Hear The Sea” which was proper enough considering it just serves seafood. The place structure was a square made of glass and really attractive gardens surrounding it, one could see everything on the inside, from the silvery and clean kitchen to the rustic wood tables and some stone fountains decorating the outside.

 

Like a routine, Wendy turned off the motor and rushed to open the car door for Irene. Which gladly thanked her with a light kiss on the cheek. 

 

They both entered the place and checked the reservation, the staff took them to a table for two in the corner, the spot had a great view of the plants and had a good distance from the other tables to give them some sense of privacy. Everything was wonderful and Irene was already swooning, she had to recognize Wendy´s effort on this date and because of it, now she was the one suddenly feeling a little anxious. 

 

This is really happening, she is serious about us...damn, how would it be if she ever proposed marriage…?

 

A waitress came to offer them the menu and started serving them a cup of water right away, Wendy told her to order anything she wanted since it was her treat.

 

“Wendy, we can split the bill, seriously.”

 

“I am not taking it, I invited you and it was my idea to come here, so please, order everything you want.” Wendy saw her with a cute expression.

 

Irene pouted, is the second time the blonde doesn't let her pay for her own food. But honestly she could not say no to her with those puppy eyes being thrown at her. 

 

“Fine.”

 

And then they proceed to order a plate for two that contains a few bits of everything; lobster, crab, shrimps and some octopus here and there with side dishes of course. In addition, Wendy also asked for some soju and wine. An unexpected combination if you would ask Irene.

 

As soon as the waitress went back to the kitchen, Irene saw Wendy with a questioning look.

 

“Wine and soju?”

 

“Well, I don't know what you drink and you were not asking for any beverage, I went with two good options for seafood.”

 

Irene cackled. “You silly, I didn't order cause I am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol.”

 

“Oh, I am so sorry. Should have asked.”

 

“Don´t worry, I can drink both, just not so much. Besides, you also need to stay sober to drive later lady.”

 

Wendy smirked. “I have a good drinking game, a valuable skill developed during college. But yeah, I will drive you home so please help me with the alcohol I just stupidly asked for.”

 

“Very well.”

 

The waitress came back to pour their cups with a fine wine and left the bottle at their table after letting them know the food was gonna be ready in a few minutes.

 

Irene took the moment to give some sips to her cup.

 

Let's drink slow Joohyun, don´t get so nervous. If we cannot stay sober at least don´t get drunk either. A little tipsy, yeah...just get a little tipsy…

 

“Mmm, Irene?”

 

“Mm?” 

 

“There is actually something I wanted to discuss with you tonight…”

 

Irene forgot what she just told herself and gave a big gulp to the wine. 

 

“Oh, well...go ahead.”

 

Wendy seemed really nervous now, she used her hand to pass it through her hair and Irene could only think how someone could be so cute yet so attractive at the same time.

 

“You see, there is something I will like to clarify-” At the same time Wendy started speaking, the food was being set in front of them, it looked delicious.

 

They waited for the staff to leave them alone once again before resuming talking.

 

“You know what? I think this smells way too good to be talking.” Wendy suddenly declared with a hint of unconfidence in her tone.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Positive.” Wendy gave a small smile, she didn't want to ruin Irene´s food in case she would actually get mad.

 

The woman in front of her eyed her suspiciously but accepted anyway since the food did indeed smell magnifique.

 

Maybe I should try that shrimp with a shot of soju then…



 

A couple of moments passed and Irene felt the ambient turned kinda weird since her precious date was not talking too much, which was odd given that she loved to talk most of the time when there were only the two of them. It seemed like the blonde was still doubting about her words, so Irene thought it was better to get it out of her chest this time.

 

“So...I guess we can multitask to eat and have that conversation, no?” She offered a big smile to try to comfort her cutie.

 

Wendy knew Irene was getting impatient so she put her fork down and tried to get some courage finally, otherwise the date will ruin before even saying anything…

 

“Listen, what I wanted to tell you is…”

 

“Yes-”  “I evaluate trainees-”

 

“Huh?”  “What?”

 

Irene´s smile dropped and they looked at each other with confusion, they were really lost now.

 

“Wait, so you wanted to talk about work…?”

 

“I-Well-kind of yes...I mean, what I wanted to tell you is that my job consists in evaluating trainees too…”

 

“And…?”

 

“And? Wait, you already knew?!” The look of true panic in Wendy's face was hilarious and Irene could not avoid laughing a little.

 

So she poured herself another cup of wine, gave a deep breath to stop laughing and drank it in one go, but the alcohol was already making some effect and she still could not contain some laughter. Although a part of her was getting bitter over how different this conversation went from what she expected.

 

“Why would I not know? My first lunch was spent practically with all the trainees under your supervision gossiping about you and Sunmi, who was always calling you to her office. Was that supposed to be a secret?....wait, you wanted it to be a secret?”

 

“No, no! Is just...I never told you...and I didn't want...is just…”

 

Irene raised an eyebrow, challenging Wendy to say something wrong and blow all this up.

 

“Is just that I never told you when we met cause you were not even a trainee I was going to evaluate…”

 

“And you are supposedly telling me just now because…?”

 

“Because...the first day we met...I was already attracted to you, and I wanted you to be truly attracted to me without my job position affecting your decision...and I guess that all the time I have spent with you has been really really joyful and I just kind of...forgot. Because my job position or yours do not matter to me anymore, I just wanted to be with you...I want to be with you.”

 

“Wendy…”

 

“But I thought you didn't know yet, and I wanted to be honest and open with you…” Wendy covered her face with her hands in embarrassment. “But of course you already knew, I am such an idiot…”

 

Irene was quick to take Wendy´s hands off her face and stand up to lean across the table to peck her lips.

 

“You are not an idiot, you are the sweetest and warmest person I have ever met and I would not change you for anything.” Irene meant every word, her heart being already stolen by this dork.

 

“Irene…”

 

“Joohyun, you can call me Joohyun.”

 

“Only if you call me Seungwan…”

 

“I would love to…”

 

Seungwan was the one to lean forward now to fully kiss Irene.

 

“Wait, we are in public…”

 

“I don't give a about them…” Said Wendy while starting another kiss.

 

The rest of the dinner went great, the two of them in their own world and having so much fun. The only detail to consider maybe a downside tho, was that Joohyun lost count of her shots and cups of wine…



 

“Swuwan, my Swungwan!...” 

 

Ok, someone was definitely past the point of being just a little tipsy.

 

“Waaannniieeee~ Wanda, Wando...Wannievision!”

 

Wendy was not lying about her alcohol resistance, she was still sober and laughing her off for having a drunk Irene in front of her. As arranged, she paid the bill and did what any decent person would do with a drunk woman...make sure to take her home safely. Which was a little difficult from the beginning since Irene wanted to dive on the fountains outside the restaurant and it took Wendy quite some strength to pull her towards her car.

 

Once there, she helped her to take a seat and put on the seatbelt, the moment which Irene decided to start a normal conversation.

 

“Hello there, you.are.gorgeous!”

 

Wendy snorted. “Of course I am, you are beautiful yourself.”

 

“Awww! You think I am hot too?! You are so sweet! Can I pinch your cheeks?”

 

“Only if you do it gently.” Wendy was enjoying this too much.

 

An Irene with totally lost eyes put her hands on both of Wendy´s cheeks only to squeeze her entire face.

 

“Ok, let go now...I'm not your dog or something!”

 

“So squishy!”

 

Wendy got a little red due to embarrassment. “Ok drunkie, we are going to your house.”

 

She could get out of Irene´s hold to close her door and hop on the driver seat, Wendy knew they were really close to her place but given the circumstances she thought Irene would not appreciate waking up in an unknown bed and probably not remembering either. So, a longer drive to the drunkie´s house will be.

 

Thank god it was super late now and there was no traffic at all, so they arrived way faster than what she expected. Once the car was parked, Wendy got out to help Irene towards her house.

 

A good thing she gave me her password before coming in during the mornings…

 

Also a good thing that Irene could walk on her own, Wendy just needed it to guide her in the direction of the bed but Irene abruptly leaned with all her weight on the blonde and they both ended falling on the couch, with Irene on top, sitting on her lap.

 

“You ok?”

 

Irene smiled like a happy kid and hugged her tightly by the shoulders and started rubbing her head against Wendy´s neck. “Wannieeee~ my Wannieeee~ you are my wannie my favorite wannieeee~ “

 

And right at that moment Wendy broke, she couldn't stop herself from fangirling over how cute this woman was, drunk and lost but still cute as hell.

 

HOW CAN SHE BE THIS ADORABLE?! I AM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK I SWEAR!

 

She took some deep breaths to get her concentration back, she needs it to get out of the couch for now.

 

“Ok, let's get you to the bathroom so you can brush your teeth, can you do that?”

 

“Meow”

 

“Yeah, I thought so.”

 

With all the might that was left on her, she helped Irene to stand up again and walked her to the bathroom, she put some toothpaste on her brush and give it to her, luckily Irene knew what to do right away so Wendy left for a moment to search some pj´s or comfortable clothes for her. And when she did, she got kind of afraid for the next step.

 

“Do you think you can change yourself?”

 

Irene just nodded very slowly while grabbing the clothes from Wendy, now showing signs of tiredness.

 

“Ok, I will close the bathroom´s door for you to change but if you need anything just call me, do you understand?”

 

Irene nodded again. And Wendy got out to close the door, she could hear how Irene was moving inside the bathroom and that she even opened the bathtub faucet.

 

“You gonna take a bath?”

 

“Yeeess, I need iiit…”

 

At least she sounded a little more sober, Wendy released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. Having to change Irene could be a little too much for now…

 

“Wendy!”

 

In one go, she opened the door with fear of Irene getting hurt by not having supervision. But when her eyes landed on her...Wendy was once again, laughing her off.

 

Right in front of her, in all her elegance, Irene Bae was having her bathtub full of water and bubbles and the woman was actually inside of it, with her suit still on and an excited face like no other while she worked on her bubble beard and a bubble hat to make a match.

 

“Look! I am a man!”

 

Wendy was laughing so hard that she had to sit on the floor for a moment before answering.

 

“Yeah, a handsome one, look at that beard…!”

 

“You like it? I can make more!” Irene was about to empty her whole body wash on the tub but Wendy was quicker to grab her hand.

 

“Ok, let's get you to bed now.”

 

Wendy got some bubbles on her clothes as well courtesy of a hug, but she was not complaining, really. This is by far the best result in what she expected to happen after their dinner.

 

Some minutes later and she finally got Irene in some pijamas, she was feeling tired as now.

 

“Right, you can sleep in bed now. I will sleep on your couch if it is not a problem…” Wendy said while yawning.

 

But Irene tugged at her arm to make her fall on the bed with her.

 

“You...stay...is cold…” Irene was quick to cuddle with her while rubbing her nose softly against Wendy´s collarbone.

 

Honestly, who could say no to that?

 

Wendy managed to take her suit jacket to put it on top of Irene, while hugging her to have the drunkie even closer. It was starting to get cold in Korea, but Wendy could feel the warmest with this woman in her arms. They were both falling asleep until Irene started to mumble some things.

 

“Wan...you are...best...to happen me…”

 

Wendy heard it clear and loud, a sensation of warm spreading in her chest again, a feeling of belonging with someone... 

 

She kissed the top of Irene´s head.

 

“I love you too…”