Chapter 4

Reve Inc.

 

 

CHAPTER 4

 

Apparently this company was one of those where employees could choose their lunch time at their convenience (as long as they take their 1 hour break seriously), so the cafeteria was not even half full when they arrived and Wendy was right, everything looked decent, heck, some of the dishes seemed way better than the food Irene makes for herself.

 

Maybe I should just buy from now on… Irene went to grab some tteokbokki and went to pay but a hand with a card appeared to pay for her.

 

“I told you it was my treat.” Wendy smirked, like she already knew Irene would try to pay by herself.

 

“Seung-Wendy I...I really don´t mean to bother you, I can afford it, really.” 

 

“Too late, ask for a drink too, I mean it when I said I wanted to treat you.”

 

Irene´s blush was back, “Oh...thank you, you are really nice and...cute…” DID I JUST SAID THAT ALOUD?!

 

Wendy was taken by surprise and got nervous now, she occupied herself with ordering some more food and paying while having a deep red color on her cheeks,  OMG she thinks I am cute!   

 

While these two were like tomatoes at the pay line, Joy was trying not to laugh too loud while watching them from a table.

 

“What is so funny dude?” Another girl arrived at the table, with her hair in a bun and using a black skirt and long sleeve white blouse, different from the normal uniform of the rest in suits, she was also wearing some fancy dark purple heels that combined with her makeup.

 

“Aaaahh Kim Yerim you are finally here!” Joy said between breathing and laughing. “Our dear Seung-wannie still at flirting.”

 

This captured the attention, “Well, it's not like she has been practicing...wait, I thought we were banned from calling Wendy by her korean name, what the hell is going on with you?”

 

Joy didn't answer and just pointed a finger in the direction where Irene and Wendy were waiting for the food. “You see that girl? She is new here and Wendy already told her is ok to call her whatever she wanted.”

 

Yeri´s eyes were super open now, “You said what? Are you for real? How long has she been here?”

 

“I´m not sure, but she is the one with her desk glued to Wendy´s and she was calling her Seung-wan but sadly now that I commented on it she said she will change it to Wendy like the rest of the office.”

 

“Dammit! Why does all the good gossip happen when you are around?! You are probably not even working Park Sooyoung.”

 

“Calm your , I just went to ask Wendy to invite me to lunch and the moment just happened in front of me.” Joy was laughing again, this time because of how Yeri seemed frustrated and by the fact that Yeri is the one not actually working most of the time.

 

Yeri resorted to stick her tongue at Joy for laughing, “Anyway, we should see what kind of person is that girl though, it could be that Wendy lowered her walls just cause she is , the girl is hot.”

 

“Mm, you could have a point there but even if that is the case Wendy could honestly get almost any in this office, including mine, and still not let them call her by her korean name because...you know.”

 

Both of them had a worried expression on their faces now by remembering the reason behind Wendy's new defense walls.

 

“Why do you two look sad? Did you fight again guys?” Wendy approached the table with a large pizza and some drinks while Irene carried her tteokbokki and a can of coke.

 

“We were sad because you took forever with the food Wendyyyy.” Joy said in a cute fake voice.

 

Wendy just saw her with rejection, “Please don´t do that, I hate aegyo and you know it.” Secretly, Irene made a mental note about that.

 

“I think you hate more Joy than the aegyo to be honest, I mean, look at her.” Yeri said with a mocking tone.

 

 

“Yah!”

 

“Anyway, you can sit here Irene, I promise they just bark but don´t bite.”

 

Now it was Yeri´s turn to be offended, “Did you just call us dogs?”

 

“Did you just sneak to have a second lunch today?” Challenged Wendy.

 

Yeri squinted her eyes to Wendy and made a motion of zipping close with her hand. Wendy giggled.

 

“Oh yes, Irene this is our friend Yeri, you are going to see her a lot in the hallways, probably.”

 

“Or the bathroom.”

 

“Or here in the cafeteria.”

 

“Or the roof.”

 

“Or any area with good Wifi.”

 

“Yah! I do work here you know! You two just want this girl to not like me cause she will see you are hella boring!”

 

“Pfft, yeah right, you are the one that just goes to the same cafes during her free time. What is boring about us? I do a part-time model job and Wendy is an internet modern Beethoven here.” Oh, Irene made sure to make a mental note about that fact too.

 

After the three friends dissed each other a little more, Irene decided it was finally a good timing to respond.

 

“It's nice to meet you Yeri, I´m Irene and I am Wendy´s desk neighbour, I am also new and technically not hired yet.”

 

“Ooh, so you are a trainee. Is Wendy evalua-”

 

“Sunmi is the one evaluating her, so I think.” Wendy interjected, giving Yeri a look to not getting on that topic and the younger one understood.

 

“Oh, she is nice but doesn't show too much humor when evaluating, so don't take it too personal if you try to be funny with her.” Yeri advised.

 

“I see, thank you for the information.” Irene smiled gratefully.

 

“I would like to address an elephant in the room though.” Yeri said with an evil smile, this put Wendy and Joy nervous, would this rat tell Irene that Wendy also evaluates the trainees? Or that it is obvious they try to flirt with each other?

 

“Huh? Elephant?” Irene didn´t get it.

 

“Yes, Wendy…” Wendy saw her with a panicked look. “Can I have pizza too?”