Chapter 23

Reve Inc.

 

CHAPTER 23


 

Friday came and the invitation to get out and have a girl´s night was already made, of course everyone accepted the idea, they were just waiting in the parking lot for Sunmi and Yeri, who were still finishing some stuff from work, before going out at the same time.

 

“You drive a motorcycle??” Joy asked while eyeing the black helmet that Seulgi was carrying while waiting for the others.

 

“Oh, yes. Do you like them?” Seulgi confirmed casually.

 

“I like to see them but I have never ridden one, I have thought before in trying but my gut always tells me that someone in this city will kill me. I mean, have you seen how people drive here in Seoul? Some of them are actually crazy.”

 

Seulgi chuckled. “Yeah, I know. I almost got in an accident when I started driving but my reflexes are better now. I think I can handle it now.”

 

Joy low whistled. “You never came to my mind as one of those y girls that ride a motorcycle in a leather jacket.”

 

Seulgi was out of words.

 

“I thought you were more of a family Van kind of person.”

 

“What?”

 

“Joy is trying to say that you look really cool and that she thought you were like a very calm person.” Seung-wan translated for her.

 

“Oh, thanks? I guess…?”

 

“You are welcomed.” Joy said simply with a smile.

 

Seulgi was still amused not only with Joy´s way of communicating her thoughts but also with how Seung-wan knew that she needed help to understand correctly.

 

Five minutes later the elevator opened with Yeri and Sunmi, finally free from their work responsibilities. Sunmi was the one to suggest the place and gave them the address so no one would get lost on the way, everyone had their own car except for Seulgi that was riding her motorcycle and Irene that was sharing the ride with Seung-wan.

 

Once they got inside the car, Seung-wan the GPS to guide them on the way. 

 

“Umm Seung-wan?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I promise you to not drink too much like the last time.” Said Joohyun while looking through the window, feeling a little shy to see her girlfriend while saying it.

 

Seung-wan snorted. “Why? We still had a great time, it's not like you passed out or something.”

 

“Well, yes but...you had to...you know….”

 

“What?”

 

“You had to undress me last time and I don't-”

 

“I didn't see Joohyun.”

 

“I-huh?”

 

“You changed yourself, I just helped you with a bra strap cause you somehow got stuck but I didn't see anything, you did all the work and I closed the bathroom door while you were at it.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Is that why you doubted the next morning? You thought I already saw you while drunk?”

 

“Well yes and no, I mean, I assumed you did undress me and everything but I didn't think anything bad about you. It's just...I feel ashamed that you had to see me like that when we were just starting this relationship you know…”

 

“Joohyun, you were just more energized and like a little kid. Not even close to being a shameless drunk.” Seung-wan laughed while remembering their date that night. “It was really cute if you ask me, I get how you feel but I assure you that I will take care of you, feel free to drink if that is what you want to do. Besides, you may need the training I did in college because you really are a lightweight Hyunnie.”

 

Joohyun laughed out loud. “What? You are going to train me now?”

 

“Perhaps I will, my lady.”

 

Joohyun had a big smile going from ear to ear. “You called me Hyunnie, I like that.”

 

Seung-wan took her hand and gave it a kiss. “Good, cause I like it too.” Seung-wan didn´t let go and kept driving while holding her hand. 

 

Joohyun kept looking at Seung-wan´s profile the rest of the way, with an enamored look.





 

When they finally arrived, Seung-wan parked the car, it was obvious Sunmi chose one of the newest bars in the city since there were a lot of people waiting to enter the place. The bar was located on the first floor of a tall building and the parking lot just got full when Seung-wan got a spot. 

 

“Good thing we didn't wait for Yeri and Sunmi more time…” Seung-wan commented.

 

“Wannie…”

 

“Mm?”

 

Joohyun leaned towards Seung-wan to give her a peck on the lips. Naturally, Seung-wan gave her a peck back.

 

“I love you a lot.” Joohyun said while putting the palm of her hand on Seung-wan´s cheek and she could swear the eyes of the blonde got sparks in them when she said the words.

 

“I think I love you more…” Seung-wan kind of whispered back, while leaning to get a proper kiss from her girlfriend this time.

 

“Kiss later, get drunk now!” Yeri screamed from outside of Seung-wan´s car window, scaring both of them.

 

“Yeri!” “You scared me!” The two lovers screamed at the same time back.

 

Yeri laughed hard while running to the front of the car, now they noticed that the others were standing there, waiting for them to get out and join them.

 

At least it's good to know my car has the windows tinted…

 

They got out of the car, with a light pink on their cheeks over the shame of being called out by Yeri, again. 

 

Everyone leaves their suit jackets on their vehicles, they knew the alcohol would warm them anyway, except Sunmi who gets cold easily and instead was wearing a fancy black coat on her shoulders.

 

The bar on the inside looked even better, the booths were only for reservations and Sunmi was the one to make it, it was always good to have some privacy in these kinds of places.

 

A woman from the staff took them to their booth and gave them the menus, one for food and another for drinks, apparently the place had a vast stock of different wines too.

 

“No wine and soju please.” Joohyun whispered to Seung-wan, only to the latter to give her a little nod and a smile.

 

“As you wish, but we still need you to train on that resistance.” Seung-wan replied with a smirk.





 

Oh, Seung-wan and her big mouth. She was surely kidding when she offered training to her beautiful girlfriend but she didn't imagine that said girlfriend will actually take her word seriously.

 

Why the heck I can't stay with my mouth shut?!

 

Everything started with some chicken and margaritas, then the others ordered some tequila and ribs to share between the six of them. Seung-wan thought that they would call it a night after they got the tequila bottle empty but Joohyun and Seulgi were just starting to say nonsense. It turned out that another aspect that Seulgi shared with Joohyun was that she too, was a lightweight with alcohol. And to Joy´s frustration, they were not the type of drunk she was expecting.

 

“So, Seulgi, care to share how you got into the tech department?”

 

“I got friends…”

 

“Really, what kind of friends?”

 

Seulgi pointed to Joohyun. “I have this idiot!” Said while poking at one of Joohyun´s cheeks.

 

Joohyun was already clinging to Seung-wan's arm, her eyes glued to the blonde and paying zero attention to her friend touching her face.

 

"You are sooooo nice, please be my girlfriend!"

 

"Joohyun, I am your girlfriend…"

 

"OH MY GOD she said yes! We need to celebrate this! Excuse me waiters, one more shot please!"

 

"No more shots for you, Joohyun, you already had enough." Said Seung-wan while trying to shut her drunkie with her hand on the mouth to avoid getting someone to actually bring her more liquor.

 

Joy was surely not prepared for this. Yeah, she expected some nonsense but was not ready to see her co-workers being turned into a pair of kids. She sighed, this was her plan after all but it backfired and the other humans with them were not helpful either. Sunmi went to dance with some friends she recognized at the bar and Yeri was for some reason still grabbing a glass of whiskey and gluing her forehead to the table.

 

“Are you ok there?”

 

Yeri seemed like she was hella drunk, Joy just never assumed she was the sleeping drunk type. But despite the loud music and their other friends speaking loud about more shots, Joy could tell Yeri was mumbling something.

 

“Sejcowes… sdeceee…”

 

“Wendy, I think we lost Yeri too.”

 

Joy lifted her gaze only to be met with quite the scene, Joohyun grabbed Seung-wan by the collar of her dress shirt and started to make out with her. Of course, Seung-wan corresponded like the freaking lovers they were…

 

“We can kiss too, don't wottyyy~!” 

 

Joy ly to see a very happy and all smiley Seulgi, her arms open expecting Joy to hug her and start to make out with her too. She gave her a little smile and lifted her hand to give some head pats to the drunk woman.

 

“Is ok, we don't have to kiss just because they are Seulgi.”

 

Seulgi pouted at the statement. “Buuut kissi kissi my kissi…”

 

Joy laughed at her expression, Seulgi actually looked disappointed but there were more important things to do right now.

 

“Seulgi, give me your keys.”

 

The drunk woman seemed confused by the question. “You want to enter my house? You could just ask me before~!”

 

“No idiot, the keys for your bike. I will take you home.”

 

“Oooohhh, I am sorry but I don´t do !” Said with a toothy smile, like she was explaining it to a little kid.

 

“I know, just give me your keys, please.”

 

Seulgi searched in her pocket to take out the keys and give them to Joy. “Just because you are so polite! Other people are not nice to me you know, they think I reject them just cause I don't want to get in bed with them…”

 

“Seulgi…”

 

“But you are nice, they are not nice...a lot of them are not nice at all…”

 

Joy could see Seulgi´s eyes getting teary, she standed up from her side of the booth to give the woman a tight hug which the teddy bear corresponded immediately.

 

“I wish...for others...to be nice...with...me…”

 

“We will be nice to you Seulgi, I promise.”

 

And with that, Seulgi started to sleep on Joy´s shoulder.

 

“Ok, it's time to go. Hey, Wendy!”

 

Seung-wan, thank god, had the decency to detach from her make out session this time. “Yes?”

 

“Seulgi and Yeri are already knocked out, we should leave.”

 

Seung-wan saw the poor secretary still with her forehead on the table and a hand with an untouched whiskey glass.

 

“, I´m gonna ring Sunmi to come so we pay and tell the manager we will leave Yeri´s car and Seulgi´s bike then.”

 

Joy nodded, definitely not the outcome she expected.