chapter 32

Reve Inc.

CHAPTER 32


 

“Are you ok?” Sunmi asked.

 

“Yeah...just stressed, I guess…” Joy sipped her coffee, it was bitter and perfect for her taste. Some eye bags were a little obvious even with her makeup.

 

It was Friday, the two of them decided to go to a coffee shop two minutes away from the office, the wenrene couple didn´t join them this time, probably having a date. The place was pretty empty, Joy was feeling lazy or maybe just sleepy. She has been giving all the relevant information from the new hires to Irene and Seulgi, only the information related to work experience of course. But after the weird encounter on the emergency stairs, something in her gut doesn't let her be at peace, it is like she has a bad feeling but doesn't know yet about what.

 

“Is Yeri coming…?” Sunmi asked, trying to spark a conversation with the tired woman in front of her.

 

“No, she has been really busy all week. The CEO has asked her to do extra hours too, I guess that somehow she got to know that Yeri gave us some help with the spy thing and is trying to keep her away from us…”

 

“Mmm...yeah, I guess that could be a possibility. How is everything going by the way?”

 

“I have to talk with the girls to see what they found during this week, I haven't found anything new from my side.” Joy shrugged, she hasn't told anyone about the woman in the stairs, she feels as if it should be a secret.

 

“You know that life doesn't have to be centered around your job, right? You should sleep some more sweetie.”

 

“I know...but I can't avoid it, my mind drifts to think about it during nights and I end up trying to distract myself by doing extra hours...oh wow, you are right, this is my life now.”

 

Sunmi gave her a reassuring smile. “Joy, I get that you want to be dedicated, but believe me when I say that a job is not worth your mental health. If you rest well and take care of yourself too then maybe you will be more efficient in solving the problem in the first place.”

 

Joy sighed. “I guess you are right...damn, I really wish I could be as easy going as you…” A smirk appeared on her face. “Of course, it is easier to not worry about certain stuff when you are married to a rich engineer.”

 

“Hey! He is not rich, he has a high salary but he is not rich.”

 

“Yeah yeah whatever, I would think that even you are the spy if not because there is no monetary motivation inbetween you know.”

 

“Thanks? I honestly can't tell if I should feel offended for that...Is the compensation for being a spy so high tho?”

 

“Yup, it is a high pay because it is a high risk. Infiltrating, stealing information and documents, trying to ruin an entire company and all of their workers, you need to have some balls for that. Figuratively speaking.”

 

Sunmi nodded, comprehending the risks Joy just mentioned. “Well...I am pretty sure you will get them, so take it easy, ok? If I see your eye bags getting darker I will personally stay in your house to make sure you do baby.”

 

Joy smiled gratefully. “Yes, mom.”









 

That same night…

 

When Joohyun mentioned Seung-wan to bring some of her personal stuff into her place, she expected some clothes, a toothbrush, maybe even some skin care products and she was right, Seung-wan did bring those. But she was not expecting for her girlfriend to also bring and install her PS5 on her TV, she asked for Joohyun´s permission first and Joohyun was kind of elated actually. This could mean that Seung-wan was equally or more excited about this part of their relationship and the fact that the console was going to stay there also meant that Seung-wan will stay there too, eventually at least.

 

They didn't feel like cooking so Joohyun thought about buying some pasta for delivery, just when she reached for her phone an incoming call appeared on her screen, it was Joy.

 

“Hello~”

 

“Hi Irene, am I blocking Wendy again?”

 

Joohyun laughed, “I am sorry to ruin your fun but no, I was about to order our dinner.”

 

“Damn it, you are no fun anymore. Anyway, I was just calling to ask if we can get together tomorrow with Seulgi, the week has passed and I would like to know if you two got anything.”

 

“Oh, actually we got some solid clues about someone, tomorrow is perfect. Where should we go?”

 

“Oh, you serious? That's awesome, mmm...ask Wendy if we can go to her apartment.”

 

Joohyun lifted her gaze to see the blond´s face, she was sticking out her tongue while pressing a lot of buttons and her joysticks, probably doing a boss fight. “Wannie~ can we go to your apartment tomorrow? With the girls…?”

 

“Sure, sure. No problem.” Seung-wan answered with absolutely zero attention to the conversation.

 

Joohyun giggled. “Yeah, we can go there, Joy.”

 

“Good, I will call the others then. I don't think Yeri will go, the freaking CEO snatched her away from us.”

 

“She is doing extra hours again?”

 

“Yup.”

 

“Poor baby.”

 

“Tell me about it, anyway have a good dinner, say hi to Wendy from me.”

 

“Sure! See you tomorrow.”

 

Joohyun proceeded to order their food after the call, they will have to wait like half an hour for the food to arrive. She went to sit on her bed, where Seung-wan was playing. By looking at the tv screen the brunette could only tell that her girlfriend just won the battle.

 

“And...that was the last of my resin…” Seung-wan murmured.

 

“Are you winning, babe?”

 

“Mm? Ah, yes. I am too noisy, aren´t I?” The blonde´s face had a light tint of red over the cheeks.

 

“Of course not! Play as you want, I like to watch you anyways.” Joohyun moved her hand to grab Seung-wan´s jaw and squeeze her adorable cheeks. “You look cute when you concentrate.” She gently pulled her so they could have a peck.

 

Joohyun released Seung-wan, but Seung-wan grabbed one of the brunette´s shoulders to stay close and give her another peck. The music of the game changed and some grunts from the enemies could be heard too, they were attacking. Seung-wan continued to give pecks to her girlfriend.

 

“Wan...I don't...want to...interrupt…” Joohyun tried to say between each kiss.

 

Seung-wan denied with the head. “To the contrary, this is more important…”

 

And they passed from pecks to french kisses, Seung-wan died in the game and Joohyun felt happy again by having this beautiful person in her life.





 

The next day…



 

Seulgi and Joy arrived at Seung-wan´s apartment, the two of them surprised by seeing a full kitchen this time.

 

“Love can indeed change you…” Joy said with a shocked tone and a mouth wide open. “You even have prepared food, Wendy you have to marry her.”

 

Joohyun laughed, “Well, thanks for your blessing Joy.” The brunette laughed some more by seeing Seung-wan all silent and with a red face. 

 

“You are welcome, Irene. Anyway, you two, what did you discover?”

 

“Aren't we waiting for Sunmi?” Seulgi asked while putting her laptop on top of Seung-wan´s coffee table.

 

“She just texted me to let me know she is on her way, she passed to buy some doughnuts for all of us in a new place she liked so...she could take a while.” Joy sitted in the couch, urging Seulgi to share her research with her.

 

“Oh, ok. So, Irene and I were a little worried when we started searching for the professional background of the new hires because sometimes spies lie in their curriculum to enter a company.”

 

“We worried due to the fact that every office and job listed from the new hires turned out to be true, all of them.” Irene provided.

 

“Ok...but did you get something or not?” Joy asked, kind of impatiently.

 

“Well, based on what we researched, this is our one and only possible spy…” Seulgi opened her laptop to show Joy a picture of their suspect. 

 

“You have to be kidding…”