Chapter 6

Reve Inc.

 

 

CHAPTER 6

 

“Are you single?”

 

Irene thought she misheard Wendy cause that was so random. “Eh...sorry?”

 

“I-I am sorry! I was just curious! I should not get into your personal life if you don't want to, I am so sorry that I asked you that, you must be dating anyway to a very lucky guy or...person...anyway I am sorry.”

 

Irene took a little while to process the ramble and what it is about, it was a little suspicious that Wendy touched this topic as soon as Sunmi left...she was sure there were not any written policy against gay people in the company, but some things might be just implicit in the corporate enviroment...but she is really confuse since she was sure to get vibes from Wendy…

 

“Am...no, is ok. I just got surprised by the topic that is why I said sorry...emm no, I am not dating anyone. Actually I had just dated two people in my life and my last break up was like maybe more than a year ago…? Sometime like that… yeah…” Irene tried to not give too many details in case she was in dangerous ground here, maybe her radar was wrong with her co-worker.

 

She said people instead of guys or men, this must be a sign! Right? God, please let it be a sign! Wendy tried to not smile way too much, “Oh… and...are you interested in someone right now...or..?”

 

You and your beautiful face. Irene almost blushed at thinking just that and tried to avoid Wendy´s gaze by pretending she was typing some work. “Mmm… before that, can I ask why...are you asking me…?”

 

“Sweetie she gay, we want to know if you are part of the clan or nah.” Yeri appeared out of nowhere with two cups of coffee in her hands and since none of them saw her they both got scared and Yeri couldn't hold her laugh. “Dudes chill….daaaaammmmn you are both too immersed in your world. I just wanted to chat and gossip with you two with coffee but I happened to hear you, sorry not sorry.” 

 

She left the cups on their desks and suddenly Joy also walked there with her own cup. “What is all the fuss about? Did you get any good gossip?”

 

Yeri was quicker to answer. “Yeah, Wendy is finally asking the poor Irene if she is gay like us.” Joy shouldn't have taken that moment to drink because she was half laughing half choking on coffee right now.

 

“Yeri!” Wendy could not believe this rat that proclaims to be her friend, maybe if she jumps from a window from here she could escape the embarrassment.

 

“What-wait… so you all are…? You are gay…?” The question was for the three women in the area but Irene just really cared for one answer.

 

Yeri smiled at her, kinda already confident about what was gonna happen here. “There is no company policy that implies we are not welcome here, but it is better to ask and tell before any misunderstanding...so? Are you?”

 

The three were expecting for her answer, even Joy now that she was not choking anymore, but Irene´s brain went on full capacity to over analyze the situation. 

 

They seemed like good people and have been very polite until now, maybe it is true. But what if this is a trap just to discover they are actually homophobic? What if this office is like one of those where you get fired depending on your uality?...heck, I am still a trainee here...

 

As if on cue, a voice came to interrupt her anxiety. “I am bi.” 

 

Irene raised her gaze to meet Wendy´s kind and warm smile, she realized that she didn't respond to Yeri yet and probably they saw her doubts.

 

Yeri pointed to herself. “I just care about your personality, if I love that I will love any kind of body.”

 

“I am biual too, and Sunmi is our lovely straight mom that supports her gay kids.” Joy offered a timid laugh, suddenly it dawned on her that even if Irene was ok with them they were pressuring her too much. “Is ok if you don't want to tell, is ok if you don´t want to talk to us, we just wanted to let you know that either way we wanted to be friends.”

 

All the stress Irene felt on her shoulders left her body for good, she released a breath that she didn't know she was holding, she blinked a couple times to think...

 

“I...I like women..….” Irene replied with a low voice.

 

Yeri seemed way too happy for her answer, like she was expecting this. “Thats awesome! Would you like to be friends outside of work too…?”

 

“I...yes, actually yes.” Irene smiled, she feels like these girls and her are meant to be for some reason.

 

“Neat, I will add you to our group chat.” Joy seemed genuinely happy too, she picked her phone but to find out she was needed in her area. “Oh shoot, I have to go guys, let's hang out later.” And just like that she went to the elevator.

 

Yeri wanted to add a little more gossip before leaving the two awkward gays, “You know Irene, there is a rumor that even our CEO is part of the not so straight community but who knows.”

 

“The CEO?”

 

“Yeah, talking about her, I have to go too before my gets in trouble…” Yeri left with such a relaxed walk that they were sure she just wanted to get out of there with an excuse.

 

Wendy now realized they were both into women and she could get a chance… maybe.

 

“So...are you interested in someone? Again, you don't have to tell me, it's just to know you better.”

 

“Wendy...are you single?”

 

“Huh? Ah….yes, I am.” An embarrassed laugh made its way between them. Damn, Irene is good at turning tables. I thought she was going to be the quiet type.

 

“Good.”

 

“What?”

 

“I'm happy you are single.” Irene exceeded her flirt level and went back to her work like nothing happened.

 

Wendy on the other hand couldn't say anything after that, she felt joy in her chest and a fast heartbeat, she just looked at Irene´s profile with a stupidly happy smile and red cheeks.

 

 

Damn, she is good.

 

Damn, Im so gay.