Chapter 22

Reve Inc.

CHAPTER 22


 

“Why do you always get a little nervous when Sunmi talks to you?”

 

That caught Joy´s attention. “You do?”

 

Seulgi felt everyone looking at her and she swallowed her pizza the best she could. She was trying to buy herself some time to order her next words.

 

“I get uncomfortable.” She simply declared.

 

Yeri frowned. “But why? Sunmi is always nice to you.”

 

They could tell they made Seulgi feel awkward by seeing how she started to move her hands frantically. Joohyun just observed her in silence.

 

“Is not what I mean! I totally think she is very nice too, is just....is just…”

 

They were looking at her expectantly.

 

But Seulgi seemed to panic a little and just groaned while putting her hands on her face.

 

After this, Joohyun gave the group a little smile. “Seulgi, is ok to tell them. I assure you they will understand too.”

 

Joy lifted her eyebrow, what was going on here?

 

Seulgi took a deep breath and took off her hands from her face to see everyone. “Is...Sunmi gay too…?”

 

Seung-wan looked with surprise at Joy and Yeri, the three of them with big eyes.

 

“Seulgi, do you like Sunmi?” Joy dared to ask.

 

“No…”

 

“Then…?”

 

Joohyun could not stay as a silent support anymore, she snorted and everyone turned to look at her. “Sorry Seulgi, is just that I already told you this before!”

“But I want to know for sure!” Seulgi pouted.

 

“If you don't like her, why do you care?” Yeri asked, being totally lost with this conversation.

 

“Seulgi thinks Sunmi flirts with her…” Joohyun provided, although she didn´t get to say anything else since Yeri and Joy burst into laughter at the statement. 

 

Seulgi pouted even more and her cheeks were getting red, she was getting really embarrassed now. Seung-wan, being a little more empathic than her friends, decided to put a hand on Seulgi´s shoulder.

 

“Seulgi, Sunmi is very very very straight. We can assure you.”

 

Yeri was trying not to cry because of her laugh. “Dude...HAHAHA she is married!”

 

Seulgi gave another deep breath and this time even her shoulders seemed to relax completely. “Oh thanks god!”

 

This time it was Joohyun to laugh. “You are so dramatic!”

 

Joy however, felt that all of this was still weird. “Why were you so worried about it? I mean, Sunmi is a total catch if you get her to flirt with you, don´t you think?”

 

“I thought she wanted to get laid...I am sorry! I am just socially awkward and I mistook her being all so nice to me with something else. I don´t read people well, why do you think I got to be best friends with Irene?! We are both almost the same.”

 

“Hey!”

 

This time Seung-wan giggled. “Wait, so all this time it was because you thought she was going for your pants?”

 

“Well...yes. I don't like when someone does that…”

 

“When someone wants to have with you…?” Joy inquired.

 

“Exactly!”

 

Joy was the one to frown this time. “Wait, you don´t like ?”

 

“Seulgi is aual. “ Joohyun clarified for everyone. Seulgi looked at her with a smile, actually finding some comfort in not saying it herself.

 

“Oh.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Ooooohhh!” Said the other three in the table. Now that made more sense.

 

Sunmi returned from the bathroom only to see Joy, Yeri and Seung-wan looking at Seulgi with an open mouth. “What are you girls talking about?”

 

Yeri was quick to answer. “Oh, hi Sunmi! Did you know that Wendy and Irene get wild ?!”

 

“I didn't want to know, but thanks…?”

 

“Yeri!” Seung-wan screamed.





 

Later that day, close to finishing their shift…

 

Joy knocked on Seung-wan´s office glass door. She let her in and Joy proceeded to sit on the edge of the desk again.

 

“You have some time to spear?”

 

“Sure, what´s up?”

 

“I would like to talk about the spy situation.”

 

“Oh, do you have another suspect?”

 

“I told you Irene was clear...but I didn't think about checking Seulgi until today´s lunch.”

 

“Seulgi?”

 

Joy just nodded.

 

 

“But...she got here before Irene, and she doesn´t need to do the training period since she applied for the Tech department.”

 

“I know, but the fact is that she is from the Tech department, Wendy. What if Irene asked her to lend a hand? She was the one to check Sunmi´s death computer after all.”

 

Seung-wan thought about it, it was indeed true that Seulgi was the one with an opportunity to change documents if she wanted to.

 

“If that was the case...maybe we would never know. She can hide any leads that will incriminate them, right?”

 

“Tell me everything you know about them and work related stuff.”

 

Seung-wan just shrugged. “I just know that Seulgi was already here when she told Irene about us opening positions, they have never been working in the same company until now and are best friends since collegue.” 

 

Joy signed, pondering on the situation. She knew Seung-wan was right, they could be on a death end if they were really working together.

 

“Maybe no digital leads, but what if we get a direct confession?”

 

Seung-wan lifted one eyebrow. “And how exactly are you going to do that…?”

 

“If I remember correctly, you told me Irene is a lightweight with alcohol, no?”

 

Seung-wan standed up from her chair to have Joy on eye level.

 

“I am not going to get my girlfriend drunk without her consent just to see if we can prove something that we are not even 100% percent sure Joy.”

 

Joy lifted her hands in surrender. “Wow, ok Rocky calm down. I am not telling you to kidnap her or something like that. I am just proposing a fun hangout with everyone on friday. We go to a bar and it will be up to her if she drinks or not, BUT if she and Seulgi get kinda tipsy we are going to ask them directly, how about that?”

 

Seung-wan contemplated the plan for a while and she finally nodded. “Fine, but since I will be taking care of Joohyun while drunk you will take care of Seulgi, ok?”

 

Joy made a motion of crossing her heart with her finger. “I promise to take care of that teddy bear.”

Seung-wan nodded again. Now relaxing again and taking a seat. Joy smirked at her.

 

“What?”

 

“You really like her don't you?”

 

Seung-wan could tell Joy was genuinely asking and not teasing her. So she gave an eager smile and a sincere response to her friend.

 

“I adore her.”