Chapter 30

Reve Inc.

 

CHAPTER 30

 

The next morning was a little cold, winter was the next season to come to Korea and a blonde woman by the name of Son Seung-wan was absolutely enjoying it, not just because she lived in Canada for a while and this cold weather meant nothing to her but rather because her girlfriend gets super clingy when the temperature drops due to the lack of warm.

 

 

And here they were, waking up in Seung-wan´s bed, the brunette realizing the cold and immediately burying herself between the covers and the blond´s warm body. Joohyun glued her forehead to Seung-wan´s neck and one of her hands hugged the blonde´s shoulder tight, as in trying to cuddle harder or trying to tell her partner to please not move from the bed.

 

Said girlfriend was of course very pleased with the situation and wasted no time in wrapping her shivering lover in her arms and giving her a kiss on the head. “Good morning sunshine~”

 

Somehow, Seung-wan could feel the brunette smiling just by hearing her chirping tone of voice.

 

“Hi~ I love you, please don't move, it is too cold.”

 

Seung-wan smiled as well. “Of course not, why would I move when a gorgeous woman is holding me like this?”

 

Joohyun snorted. “Smooth talker…”

 

Instead of receiving a reply, the brunette could feel Seung-wan holding her tighter and giving her soft kisses on the head and forehead. None of them checked for the hour but it was surely still early since the sun in the room was not that strong and they could not hear any noise that indicated their friends were already up.

 

Joohyun felt in heaven, she was definitely feeling sleepy again, maybe they could stay like this for quite a while, it was Sunday in the morning after all, who wants to leave bed on a Sunday? 

 

A light knock on the door. None of them answered. The person opened anyway. It was Sunmi with one of her hands covering her eyes. 

 

We get interrupted for cuddling now? C´mon…  Joohyun´s heaven was broken from one moment to another.

 

“Good morning honeys, I know you are up but I don't know what you are doing so I just came to tell you that we ordered breakfast and it is already here. Also, Yeri wanted to talk to all of us, okay bye.” And just like that, Sunmi didn´t uncover her eyes and closed the door again without expecting any answer.

 

Joohyun whined. “Why do they do this…?”

 

“What are friends for if not for interrupting every nice moment with your partner…?” Seung-wan tried to humor her. “You wanna go? We could always act like we were still sleeping…”

 

Joohyun sighed. “Not really but...Yeri did say she wanted to talk...damn it.”

 

Against her own will, Joohyun moved from Seung-wan´s hold and got up from bed. She could hear the blonde laughing at her but she didn't want to turn back because she was so sure that they won´t leave that bed ever. However, when Joohyun was about to open the door of the room, a hand on her shoulder made her pause.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Hyunnie~” It was Seung-wan already up too, with a cute smile on her cute face. “You haven't give me my morning kiss~”

 

Joohyun smiled so brightly. “Aww, you are so needy-” She was interrupted by the blonde´s lips kissing her sloppily. Her girlfriend really didn't want to wait any longer. Of course, she corresponded and was about to open to start a makeout but the subtle smell of pancakes made their stomachs growl a little bit and they both separated to laugh. “Seung-wan we have to go, they are waiting for us..”

 

The blonde nodded happily with a final peck and opened the door for her. Their friends were eating at the marble counter of the kitchen while listening to some Twice songs. There were some egg burritos, hash browns, orange juice and of course the pancakes they just smelled from the other room.

 

“Finally! You guys take forever to get dressed, you are so impolite to be doing it while you have visits!” Yeri teased.

 

“We were cuddling!” Seung-wan tried to retort.

 

Joohyun ignored them and went directly to grab her portion of the food.

 

“Is that how people your age call it? Just say the word my friend.” 

 

“Yeri I swear to all the gods that if you keep annoying me, you will be eating the rest of your food on the street.”

 

Yeri exploded in laughter, it was unusual to hear a threat from the blonde after all. “Wow ok, calm down girl. Is that how you treat someone that can help you with the whole spy thing?”

 

To this, Joy snorted. “You have not helped us with Yeri.”

 

“That I can agree with, but I think that I can actually help you with some things without getting in trouble…”

 

“Like what?” Joy challenged, being already skeptical of Yeri´s words.

 

“Remember the weird e-mail Sunmi received?”

 

Seung-wan, Joy and Sunmi nodded. Joohyun and Seulgi were just listening while eating, this was new information for them after all.

 

“Well, apparently it was because the CEO fired one of the supervisors there, that is why another spot was open. The man was in that position for quite a while but I think he tried to leak info about Reve Inc. recently, hence why the CEO cutted him, I believe that he was another possible spy and the CEO did not announce it to any department in case the new spy was related in any way, everything was handle by her personally.”

 

“But if she is so good at catching spies, why has she not catched this one?” Joy asked.

 

Yeri shrugged. “I guess this is a sneaky one, after all if this person is a new hired it would take a while for her to detect any leak. But my point here is that the email Sunmi received is totally unrelated but you did have a good point in investigating our Lotte friend right here since her background is too good to be true…” Yeri looked at Joohyun, who just gave her a pinch on the cheek in return. “Auch! What was that for?!”

 

“Because I can, and my previous work doesn't define me as a person, I will prove I am not the spy.” Joohyun calmly said while grabbing another bite of her harsh brown.

 

“Whatever…” Yeri said while rubbing her cheek.

 

“Does the CEO have her own suspects?” Sunmi asked.

 

Yeri denied while sipping some juice. “I am not sure, I will try to investigate but maybe she doesn´t since she let Joy take the lead with the search too.”

 

Joy breathed heavily. “Well, at least we know Sunmi´s email is unrelated and that we need to check all the background from the new hires again anyway…Anything else you can tell us?”

 

 

Yeri pondered for a few seconds. “Mmm I don't think so…but if I get anything else I will tell all of you.”

 

They were cool with that and the breakfast too, the topic was changed to other stuff unrelated to work, after all it was a Sunday, they should relax a little. They can worry about their company tomorrow and the rest of the week.





 

After everyone was gone from the apartment and they changed into normal clothes, Joohyun grabbed Seung-wan´s hand to go out too.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

“To get your groceries silly!” Joohyun said happily.

 

Seung-wan couldn´t avoid smiling at her, it was her first partner in a while to actually care for her well being and she could be sure of something, her heart wants to take care of the brunette too. 

 

“Wannie~” The very same brunette that was on her thoughts interrupted them.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You realize another reason I want you to have groceries is so you can invite me over often and cook for me right?” Joohyun said with a little blush on her face.

 

Seung-wan chuckled. “Of course I know! You are an evil girlfriend.” She said with a friendly tone.

 

The blush in Joohyun´s face got stronger, her tone of voice revealed she was quite nervous now. “Also...like I said before you are always welcome in my place and if you want...you could leave a backpack or something with your stuff for when you stay over…”

 

Seung-wan smiled with dazzling teeth. “You mean, like leaving some clothes and a toothbrush and that kind of stuff…?”

 

 Joohyun nodded.

 

“I accept. We will be like a married couple then, you should get me a nice ring.” Seung-wan said jokingly. 

 

Joohyun laughed but replied anyway. “Sorry babe, we are still illegal in Korea.”

 

“Dang it! But my ring!”