Chapter 15

Reve Inc.

 

CHAPTER 15


 

As promised, Wendy woke up earlier the next morning to arrive at Irene´s house, however, the woman was not outside yet. Wendy debated to call her or if she should get out to knock on the door.

 

Maybe she is not ready yet…?

 

By not knowing what to exactly do, she thought about playing some games on her phone...only to realize she got there half an hour before the time they both agreed previously.

 

“...I got too excited I guess…” she said to herself.

 

Wendy turned off her car and at the same time, her phone was ringing. Incoming call from: Irene <3.

 

“You are here…” Irene´s tone of voice was more of an amused statement rather than the annoyed tone Wendy was expecting.

 

“Hi!...yes, umm I think I miscalculated a little bit…” Wendy scratched the back of her head, she was feeling a little embarrassed. “I´m sorry, you are probably not ready yet, I came too early…”

 

“Actually I am about to finish, but it is cold outside, you should come in.”

 

“Yes!...I mean, yeah sure.” Wendy hanged before Irene could say something about her sudden outburst, although Irene was already laughing while she watched from the window how Wendy got out of the car so fast and with blushed cheeks.

 

Wendy was about to knock on the wooden door but Irene beat her to it and it took her a moment to realize the pretty woman was already in front of her with a welcoming smile and wearing a well ironed suit.

 

“Good morning lady.”

 

“Good morning to you too.” Wendy could not avoid getting a little lost on those beautiful brown eyes.

 

And she certainly got surprised the very next moment when Irene out of nowhere got closer to hug her waist and place her chin on top of one shoulder. Wendy could smell her hair, like lavender, and she was sure her dear brain stopped working due to being so nervous, it took a second for her to realize Irene was not letting her go, probably because she was waiting for her…

 

Wendy finally snapped out of it to embrace Irene in her arms too, lightly but tenderly and she could feel Irene hugging her waist a little tighter, while also rubbing slowly her cheek with Wendy´s.

 

“Is not so cold now…” Irene said too close of her ear.

 

Wendy could swear she was getting goosebumps over feeling Irene´s cheek on hers, her skin was so smooth and she started to move her hands to caress Irene´s back through her jacket. “Yeah...you are right.”

 

They both separated while smiling, Irene took her hand so they could finally go inside the house. Once there, Wendy took a quick glance at everything, it was her first time here after all; since it was just one floor Irene had to arrange her stuff in a way that the place did not feel that crowded, the first thing to see is the living room with a fluffy couch and some bookstands, next to it was a small kitchen, behind the couch was a little table for two people and right to the other corner of the house was Irene´s bed with a big TV installed in the wall in front of it and a desk with a computer to the side, there was a door on the other side of the bed that Wendy presumed to be the only bathroom.

 

She took a seat on the couch, it was indeed as comfortable as it seemed. 

 

“I just finished my breakfast when I saw you outside, let me brush my teeth and we are good to go, but we still have some time left. Would you like something to drink?”

 

“Oh, some water would be nice thank you.”

 

“Ok.”

 

Since the kitchen and the living room were right next to each other Irene didn't need to move more than five steps to keep the conversation with Wendy.

 

“Is it really ok for you to come here? Do you live close? I hope to not bother you too much…”

 

“There is no problem, really. Is not really that different from my normal waking hour and If it gets late I just drive faster…”

 

“You still manage time to cook something if you come here…?”

 

“I don't eat...breakfast…” Wendy was doubting her words since Irene turned to look at her with disbelief, and it made her feel as if she insulted her or something.

 

“You don't eat breakfast...like, at all? Never…?” Irene asked while returning to her for giving the glass of water. 

 

“Not since college...I mean, if I get hungry I just make myself a coffee and that's it until lunch, I am used to it, really.”

 

Irene didn't say anything else and just looked at her with a raised brow. Honestly, Wendy could not believe herself, that just this gesture coming from Irene could make her feel a little intimidated. So, she did what her gut told her...to get the heck out of there.

 

She drinked her glass of water in one go and stood up. “I-I will wait for you in the car, you just need to brush your teeth right…?”

 

Irene did not change her facial expression. “Right…”

 

“Ok...I will...be there then...thanks for the water.” Wendy put the glass in the sink and escaped to the inside of her car. 

 

Once inside, she glued her forehead to the steering wheel. Arrgh, why did I even get scared? I just left like an idiot, she won't invite me inside again…

 

Her phone vibrated. New message from: Irene <3.

 

  • Give me 5 more minutes…?

 

Did she actually get mad at me or something…?

 

Sure :)


 

Wendy waited anxiously, trying to figure out what could have bothered Irene so much and how could she act once the woman was with her...but nothing came to her, she was with zero ideas this time. The only thing she did was to put on her seatbelt.

 

You don't get enough time with one night stands to get in a fight, I don't even know what to do now…

 

As on cue, Irene got out of her house with some kind of box in her hands, when she entered Wendy´s car she looked at Wendy with softer eyes this time.

 

“I appreciate your offer of coming to pick me up, I really do. But what I do not like is you neglecting your health...you...you don't even live close, do you?”

 

Wendy chuckled nervously, “Amm...no.”

 

“Wendy...where do you live?”

 

“I...Actually...is funny hehe, I live in an apartment building...in the center of Seoul...10 minutes from our office…”

 

Irene did not say anything but her surprised eyes were saying everything, Irene lived kinda outside of the city, the rent was cheaper and she could get a place to grow a small garden and have privacy too, so she was ok to have a 1 hour route to her job, the train station was close anyway. So hearing Wendy say that she practically lived next to their office surprised her with the guard low...she could feel how her heart suddenly felt...happy, like she was being complimented or something alike.

 

Irene did not say anything and instead just opened the box in her hands, Wendy only realized until now that it was actually a lunchbox.

 

“Here, this is for you.” Irene showed the contents to Wendy, it was an omelette with rice and some vegetables. “I could not make too much in short time but you should eat...I want you to eat, since you are gonna come early you can have time to eat with me, or I could at least have something prepared for you to take to the office and you can eat it in the parking lot before we start our schedule…”

 

“You just made this for me…?” Wendy was truthfully surprised, she really misinterpreted Irene by thinking she was mad at her.

 

“Eat or is going to get cold...please…” Irene offered the box with a pair of chopsticks and a timid smile.

 

Wendy could feel it, this sensation of a content heart, a little warm feeling spreading inside your chest. Before realizing it, she started to lean towards Irene, getting closer to those delicate lips...but,  the dork forgot she had the seatbelt and leaned too fast and got stuck before reaching Irene´s lips.

 

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

 

Wendy needed to act fast, she noticed Irene already closed her eyes in anticipation, so with a little struggling she managed to lean a little more to give a little kiss to what was at her reach, the tip of Irene´s nose. To be fair Wendy gave two more little kisses to not be so disappointing.

 

Irene opened her eyes with surprise when she felt Wendy kissing lightly her nose, it was definitely not what she was expecting, and she decided to be more direct this time…

 

Wendy was about to apologize when she felt Irene´s hand grab her cheek and suddenly it was Irene now the one leaning towards her to finally capture her lips. The kiss felt so warm and sweet, their lips anticipating this from a long time now, they started slow and found their own rhythm almost immediately, they could feel little goosebumps all over their bodies while their noses bumped a little and their mouths produced the only sounds in the car.

 

The food was getting cold and that was ok.

 

1 week until the results for the trainees...