A Big Reaction

Idol Advent 2020

Kim Jaehyun - N.Flying

 

 

“What are you making?” Jaehyun wondered, leaning over your shoulder to see why you suddenly hid your creation under a throw cushion. “Is it for me?!”

“You’ll have to wait until Christmas to find out!”

Except, when Christmas finally arrived, and he opened up his gift, Jaehyun felt mixed emotions. It wasn’t that he couldn’t appreciate what you had made. As he stared down into the box, he could see the intricate details and loved the colours you had chosen.

He just couldn’t ever wear it.

“Do you like it?” you prompted, and blinking away from his thoughts, Jaehyun attempted to paste a satisfied smile upon his face. You saw through it, however. Shoulders slumping, you deflated. “You don’t?”

“No, I love it!”

“I just saw your reaction. Next time, let’s not make presents for each other. I’ll buy you something from-”

“I want to love it, Y/N, I really do. I just can’t wear it.”

You blinked in confusion. “Why not?”

“I’m allergic to wool,” he admitted, and you gasped noisily. “So as much as I’m in awe of this sweater, and can see all the effort and love you stitched into it, I’ll end up in hives if I put it on.”

“Oh my God, I’m a fool! Why didn’t I ask you if you could wear wool or not? I could have adjusted the type of yarn I used had I known!”

“You’re not a fool,” he corrected, placing down the box and pulling you into his arms. “You made something amazing for me, and I feel awful that I can’t wear it. It must have taken you days of constant effort to make this. Weeks even!”

“It doesn’t matter how long I’m just glad you didn’t put it on to please me. Your poor skin would hate me!”

“Should I? So you could at least see if it fitted? I’ve got a turtleneck on right now, so it won’t hurt to try it on!” Leaping up, he reached for the sweater before you could dismiss the idea, slipping it on over his head.

And then you began to laugh hysterically.

Glancing down at the way the garment hung on him, and shoving up the sleeves so he could protect his hands, Jaehyun tried to model it for you without joining you in the laughing fit you were having.

Except, it was hard to model something so unbelievably large for him.

“Wow, I really overshot the mark on this one,” you managed to squeak out, gesturing for him to take it off.

“Maybe you made it big enough for us to use together?” Jaehyun offered, coming over to snuggle you up inside it with him. The neckline was v-shaped, allowing plenty of space for your head to pop out the top too. He grinned. “You know, this is worth coming out in a rash for.”