Fluffy Socks

Idol Advent 2020

Lee Changsub (BTOB)

 

“You could find that on Amazon,” Changsub told you, glancing over your shoulder at your written Christmas gift list. He pointed to another option for your sister. “And that as well.”

“I happen to like the experience of shopping.”

“Online shopping is also an experience,” he rebutted, chuckling heartily when you shot him a look. “I know, I know. You love nothing more than going to a store, for one thing, looking around in every aisle and still only buying that one thing after all that extra browsing.”

“Are you throwing shade at me?”

“Me?! Never.”

“You’re going to get a lump of coal under the tree this year!”

“I bet you could find that on Amazon too!” he cheekily shouted as he went down to the bedroom.

Climbing to your feet, with your list in hand, you followed your partner. Changsub was already sprawled lazily over the bed with his phone in hand.

“Babe.”

“No way! It’s two weeks from Christmas! The shops will be getting slammed.”

You pouted for effect. “You’ll allow me to go out all by myself then? What if I end up getting into a fight over a set of candles for your Mum when another person wants them too?!”

“This is why I said to do it online. The stock levels will show when it’s unavailable, and no one gets hurt. And you don’t even have to change out of your fluffy socks to spend your money.”

“I like supporting our local shops over some giant corporation, Changsub.”

“You’re not going to let up, are you?” he asked, and with an observant look in your direction, he groaned. “Fine, I’ll take off my fluffy socks – but only because I don’t want you mauled.”

----

You had been delighted to head out until you arrived at the mall. Changsub had driven around looking for a park for twenty minutes before having a standoff for the one you managed to score. That put him in an instant mood after the other driver had given him cheek.

Then, as you navigated your way from store to store on your list with coupons at the ready, you found all the items you wanted were no longer in stock. Your mood plummeted, much as Changsub’s had before.

“Still nothing?” he asked when you came back from another store, and you nodded once. “Don’t say it. I should have done as you recommended.”

“Coming out isn’t so bad. Maybe we don’t have the presents, but look at what I found.”

You glanced at the package he held out to you, and slowly a smile curled up your lips. “A gingerbread man!”

“Your favourite.”

“I couldn’t have gotten this from Amazon,” you mentioned slyly, and Changsub laughed.

“You probably could, if you wanted to make it from scratch. But no one makes it as good as the ones they sell here.”

“This is worth taking off our fluffy socks, right?”

“Definitely.”