Shaky Slopes

Idol Advent 2020

Song Yunhyeong (IKON)

 

 

Each winter break you had picked up a new skill under your belt, albeit they were definitely ones you could do in the comforts of your own home. Preferably, nestled up with a peppermint hot cocoa.

However, this year, you wished to challenge yourself. After looking at a couple of recommended brochures, you decided to sign up for skiing lessons. You just hadn’t realised how in-depth the process was.

“I have to hire out all of this?” you asked, looking at the email the company had sent you. The warmer outer layers made sense. However, as you scanned the rest of the list, you wondered if you had made the right decision.

“I can do this! I’m going to come away with another skill by the end of it,” you encouraged yourself, and by the time your first lesson arrived, you had sourced everything, or organised to grab it at the ski resort itself.

“Y/N?” a voice called out as you struggled to put on the boots you had been handed.

Glancing up, your flustered state only increased. You knew a lot of instructors of most sports would be active, and kept in good condition. After all, they were the pros of their field. However, you hadn’t expected your instructor to be…

Well, downright handsome.

He smiled easily, bending down to help you in your predicament. “I’m Yunhyeong, your instructor for your lessons. How about I help you get into these, huh?”

You weren’t sure if you replied, and if you had, you weren’t certain it had made any sense. Yunhyeong merely grinned and settled you into the appropriate gear.

It was hard, but you did get over your initial awe of the man. He was incredibly informative, which eased your concerns when you carried out your equipment onto the snow. You knew what a ski field looked like, but the slopes up close seemed absolutely terrifying. In the beginner area, and with all the information Yunhyeong had given, you had calmed down.

Until you moved away from the learning rope.

“You’ve got this!” he told you, and you nodded, but another gasp left you as the ground under your skis changed.

You didn’t like this feeling at all and wondered why you had signed up for something so unbalancing. Even after twenty further minutes, you were barely tolerating the lesson.

“Not enjoying yourself?” he assumed, and you sighed.

“I am… well, no. I feel as if I’m going to cause an accident.”

“You won’t get injured on my watch, Y/N.”

However, Yunhyeong hadn’t exactly covered himself in that statement. Fussing over the ice bag now applied to his ankle forty minutes later, you cringed. “This is all my fault!”

“Well, yeah.”

“I’m sorry. I’ll cancel my lessons. I thought I might end up hurt, but not anyone else.”

Yunhyeong pouted. “You won’t come back? I was hoping you would.”

“Why?”

“Maybe we started this on shaky slopes, but I happened to enjoy my time with you today.”