PwF 08

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since Sojung moved into Johnny’s bachelor pad.

Wonho continued to circle the building, to make sure he caught all the potential escape routes in case of emergencies. Wonwoo checked the area for CCTVs while Mingyu helped Sojung handle work from Samsung.

 

Johnny was fast asleep in his room, he had partied too hard last night. His curtains were heavy-duty, which meant no sunlight would enter his room and wake him up. 

Well, he forgot one thing.

He’s married.

At 8 AM in the morning, there was an urgent knocking on his room door.

“What?” He groaned, turning to face the other side of the bed.

“Wake up.”

“Go away. It’s ing 7 in the morning!”

“It’s 8. Now, get up.”

Johnny ignored her and covered his face with the pillow, blocking out the noise she was making at the door. He was about to drift back off to sleep when he heard his door open. Footsteps sounded all the way to the curtains and then, there was light.

“Close the damn curtains,” he spat, facing away from the windows. “Get out of my room.”

“No. Get up. Let’s go jogging.”

Johnny cracked his eyes open, Sojung was standing before him.

“, leave me alone,” he cursed. “You can go jogging, I want to sleep. Do you have any idea what time I returned home last night?”

“4,” she rolled her eyes.

“And now it’s 8, so I’ve only slept 4 hours, don’t you think it’s rude for you to barge in?”

“You were rude enough to disturb my work at 4 in the morning, and I can’t wake you up now?”

Johnny sat up, frustrated.

“What would I join you on a jog?” He asked sarcastically.

“I told your father we would be exercising together on Saturday mornings. So, unless you want me to report this to him, you better get that up in gear.”

 

*

 

That was how Johnny ended up in his exercise outfit, dragging his feet in a slow, lazy run at the nearby park. He kept glancing back at the trio behind Sojung, he jogged closer to her, she gave him a weird look.

“Why are they following you around even on the weekends?”

Sojung looked over at Mingyu, “They’re my guards outside of work, they have to follow me around.”

“Guards? Why would you need guards?”

“It’s a family thing.” She quickly said. “I’ll be going ahead. Wonwoo, stay with him. Make him run, don’t let him stop.”

Sojung and her team started running, disappearing around the corner.

“Let’s go,” Wonwoo turned to Johnny.

The male took a deep breath and started jogging, Wonwoo trailing closely behind him.

 

“Make him run, don’t let him stop,” Johnny mimicked the way Sojung left her order. “What a tyrant.”

Wonwoo’s brows met but he pretended he didn’t hear it. He didn’t want to hurt his Young Miss’ husband. Johnny saw him distracted and pretended to trip and fall.

“Ow, ow, ow.” He groaned dramatically.

Wonwoo rolled his eyes at the acting, he went to help the male up and brought - dragged - him to the nearby bench.

“Are you okay?”

“I think I’ve sprained my ankle,” Johnny fibbed. “Could you go get a cold drink for me?”

“The Young Miss has orders for me to stay with you.” He straightened his back.

“But my ankle is hurting, I can’t walk.”

Wonwoo sighed, glancing around and spotted a vending machine nearby. He wordlessly walked over to the machine, digging for coins in his pocket. 

Johnny spread his arms along the backrest of the bench and leaned back, closing his eyes. He heard someone jogging towards him and he huffed.

“Back to check on me?” He muttered. “My ankle’s hurting, can’t run.”

“Sorry, excuse me.”

Johnny paused at the unfamiliar feminine voice. He opened his eyes and quickly sat up when he saw a pretty lady standing before him.

“Yes? How may I help you?” He gave her his irresistible smile. “Is everything okay?”

“I seemed to have lost my necklace, I was hoping you could look for it for me.”

Her gaze trailed down his face and body. He noticed how her eyes lingered a little longer on his groin. He smirked at her appreciative glance and saw how she eyed his ankle. 

“But you mentioned your ankle isn’t well?” She sighed. “I’ll look for the necklace myself then.”

Johnny shot to his feet and jumped a few times to prove his ankle was fine. The girl smiled and stepped towards him, placing her hand on his chest, drawing little circles on him.

“Could you… help me then?” She cooed.

Johnny his lips, his arm wounding around her and squeezing her waist. She batted her eyelids at him. She pulled away from the man and bent over to search the grass, Johnny’s eyes followed her . He walked over to her and his hand rubbed her back.

“We’ll find it,” he whispered. “Your necklace.”

She smiled at him and nodded. His hand trailed down slowly and almost reached her when someone grabbed his wrist and twisted it.

“What the ? Ow! Let go!” He quickly turned around. “Let go!”

A fist connected with his jaw the moment he did and he fell to the ground, nursing a busted lip. The man who had punched him was backed up with several other tattooed men. The girl stood by his side, one of the men was holding her arm.

“Why were you touching my girlfriend?” The gangster glared at Johnny. “Do you not want your hand anymore?”

“Let go of me,” he said. “Then I’ll explain myself.”

The gangster twisted his arm even harder, making him shout in pain.

“Hey, hey! My arm’s gonna break!”

“That’s for touching my woman.”

He pressed down on the wrist.

“I will let go of that arm immediately if I were you.”

A voice joined them, the gangster let go and turned around. Johnny fell to the floor, he glanced at the owner of the voice and his wife stared right back at him.

“You alright?” She tilted her head at him, arms folded across her chest.

“Yeah.”

“Woo, help him up.”

The male threw him the cold bottle of water he wanted and grabbed his arm, yanking him to his feet. He pulled Johnny to their side but was stopped by the group of gangsters. Wonwoo stopped moving, waiting for Sojung’s orders.

“You can’t take him just like that, missy.”

The gangster head clucked his tongue, wagging his finger.

“He needs to pay for touching my girl.”

Sojung chuckled, “You hurt my man, so we’re even.”

Wonwoo let go of Johnny, who rolled his shoulder and glanced around but he noticed that a person was missing - Wonho. He wanted to ask Mingyu but he shot him a glare.

“That is not equal to my woman. He needs to have his hand broken.”

“If you can reach him, then do it,” Sojung stepped aside. “I’m not liable for any injuries you or your guys sustain.”

The gangster looked at his men and they laughed.

“I’d like to see you try to hurt me. We outnumber you.”

Sojung shook her head in amusement, “We’ll see.”

The gangsters took a menacing step forward but the leader stopped moving when he saw movement behind Sojung. His eyes widened in fear and backtracked. Johnny looked for what the gangster was trembling at but all he saw was Wonho walking towards them with bottles of water.

Mingyu and Wonwoo stepped aside for Wonho to hand Sojung the water.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, turning to the gangsters.

His eyes hardened and facial expressions flattened, “It’s you.”

The leader of the gangsters fell to his knees, prompting his friends to do the same.

“I’m sorry, I… I didn’t realise that jerk-- guy was one of yours.” The gangster stuttered. “I… We’ll leave now. I’m so sorry!”

The gangsters got to their feet and ran off, stumbling over their feet. Sojung faced Johnny with the coldest eyes he had ever seen her give him.

“Will you stop causing me trouble?” She hissed.

Wonwoo stood next to Johnny.

“Hoseok,” Sojung called. “You know that guy?”

Wonho shook his head, “I caught him trying to assault a woman. I might have broken some bones.”

Sojung side-eyed him and turned to her husband. He waited for her to talk but she just started walking back home without giving him another glance.

“Oh boy,” he whispered while running after his wife. “She’s mad.”

 

Sojung threw the door open and marched in, with Johnny in tow. Her team remained at the door while Johnny was pushed onto the sofa. He groaned when he hit the cushion.

“Gyu, go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter