PwF 23

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day after finding out the truth about Sojung was one of the worst days Johnny ever had.

He couldn’t sleep the whole night and woke up feeling like a stone had been sitting on his chest the whole time he was lying down. He turned to lay on his side and came face to face with Sojung, who was still asleep.

He let his eyes run all over her facial features, studying her while she slept.

How could this woman be a Clan leader? 

She looked so… calm and collected.

He shook his head.

Well, she was domineering and firm, the qualities of a leader. It wouldn’t be really surprising that she’s the one. She has Samsung, Hyundai and Kia on her hands.

“Are you done staring?”

“Wha-What?”

Sojung opened her eyes, their gazes connecting.

“I can feel you staring holes into my face. Why are you doing that so early in the morning?”

“I, uh,” he laid on his back. “I was just thinking.”

“Thinking?” She mimicked his actions. “About what?”

He sat up, running his fingers through his hair. She got up, ready to answer any questions he had for her.

It was only natural for him to be curious.

"Why are you the leader instead of Sehun?"

"Are you looking down on female leaders?" She teased.

"Oh no-no. I'm just wondering. Don't men become leaders in situations like this? Besides he is older than you."

She climbed off the bed and reached for the chair at the vanity table. She set the chair in front of Johnny, the back facing him and straddled the seat.

The hem of her long pyjama top lifted and revealed a lot of her thigh.

He gulped.

It was like she became 100x hotter after he found the truth.

"Well, my father has always wanted me to take over. Sehun never had any hunger for power, he rather be behind the scenes and supporting me in any way he could. More freedom to do things he liked."

Johnny nodded, pulling his legs up to hug his knees.

"Who's part of your Clan?"

"Hmm, the few you've seen." She tapped her chin. "I'm the leader of the Clan Family and head of the Oh Clan. Sehun is my backer, Jongin's the doctor. Mingyu, Wonho and Wonwoo are my security detail and Oh Clan's defence and offence team. The rest are just their men and smaller street gangsters."

"Clan Family?" Johnny scratched his head. "How many Clans are there?"

"Three. Oh, Im and Kim. We are the main family branches."

"The people I met at our wedding?"

"I don't have many friends, so whoever you saw at the wedding either are Clan Elders or part of the family. Clan Elders are like the BOD in the companies. They have a say in whatever we do, even if I take over as the leader."

Johnny let out a small smile, "You've been the only girl your whole life, huh?"

"Pretty much," she dropped her head, eyeing her foot. "The only girls I've known are the second-gen's girlfriends."

"Have any of them expressed interest in you?" Johnny blurted, thinking about Jongin. "Since you guys have known each other for so long."

Sojung stilled, Changkyun's face popped up in her head.

"You mentioned you had one other relationship before marrying me," he coughed. "Is he someone from the Clan?"

"Was."

Sojung pushed herself off the chair and went to get freshened up, leaving Johnny hanging with question marks forming in his head.

"Was?" He piped up. "Did he leave the Clan?"

She didn't answer and the sound of the shower going off signalled the end of their conversation.

 

Johnny followed her to the hospital feeling neutral until he went up to the 13th level, everything hit him.

They were at the hospital to visit her father.

Who was shot... in the chest.

"Wait," he grabbed her arm when they got out of the lift. "Your father got shot."

She just stared at him, waiting for him to continue. 

"Why would anyone shoot him? Was it Clan feud? I mean gangsters like you are violent, so, did someone shoot Dad because of some problem?"

Sojung paused and repeated his words, "Gangsters like us?"

Johnny's eyes rounded a little.

"Oh no, sorry," He gave her a small smile. "I didn't mean it like that."

“Of course you didn’t,” she shook her head and walked off.

He wanted to rush after her, to apologise but Wonho popped up from behind a wall just before Johnny reached her. She stopped to watch them, Wonho using his physique to intimidate Johnny despite the slight difference in height amused her.

The guard scoffed when Johnny shook visibly for a quick second.

“Relax,” Wonho patted Johnny’s shoulder. “If I really wanted to hurt you, you wouldn’t be alive right now.”

He let out a breath, a nervous smile played on his lips.

Sojung hit Wonho’s arm and he stepped aside. She folded her arms with her back straightened.

“I know it’s a lot for you to take in,” she started. “Sehun told me it would be good if you knew. At least you’d be more aware and careful. It takes time.”

She entered the ward, Wonho stopping Johnny from following her. He wanted to ask why when his phone rang. He saw it was Taeyong and answered it.

“Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter