PwF 37

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why isn’t he answering his phone?”

Sojung kept trying Johnny’s cell but her tries kept going into voicemail. She had burst into his office just under 10 minutes ago, but he wasn’t at his desk. She tried calling him but he didn’t pick up. She asked his secretary but no one had seen him.

Her phone rang, it was Mingyu from the front desk.

“So?”

“The security guard saw Master Seo rushing into his car outside the main entrance.”

“Did he say why or where he went?”

“He just said Mr Seo turned right after leaving the area, the guard doesn’t know where he went, or who he’s after.” Mingyu dropped his voice. “I think he went after Minah, Young Miss. It’s not a coincidence if he disappears after calling you about her coming to his office.”

Sojung pinched her nose bridge and threw her purse across the room.

“I told him to stay put.”

“He’s probably anxious about losing Minah. He did just find out the truth about her. He recognised Master Kim too.”

"That's exactly why I told him to stay put!"

She held her temper back.

It wasn't time to flare up now.

"Come back up, get Wonwoo and Hoseok in too."

"Yes, Young Miss."

Sojung hung up and went back to her desk. She stared at her discarded purse near the door and buried her face in her palms. She stayed like that until there was a knock on her door. MWM walked in, Wonho picked up her bag.

"Guys, we have to–"

Her phone distracted her from completing her sentence, it was the sound she set for Johnny's contact. She quickly whipped her mobile out to see his reply when her heart dropped.

Johnny was tied up against a chair, seemingly unconscious.

"No."

Her voice alarmed the guys with her. They took cautious steps towards her, Mingyu took the phone from her and Wonho quickly helped Sojung to the sofa.

She buried her face into her palms.

Mingyu's face fell as he handed the device to his team.

"Young Miss."

"Search. I want you guys to search everywhere for Youngho. I don't care if Jinu himself stops you. I want you guys to find him."

"Yes, Young Miss!"

The trio bowed at her before running out of the office. She took her phone back and dialled Sehun's number shakily.

She didn't know what to do.

Back then, she had no power when her mother was taken and she couldn't protect her.

Now, she had power but she still let the people she cared for get taken.

"Sup, sissy. What's–"

"Se."

 

Sehun straightened up at the sound of Sojung's voice.

"What's wrong?"

 

"Gather your men. I don't care if the Elders come looking for trouble. I'm not resting until I find him."

"Find who, sis?"

She let out a breath, pinching her nose bridge.

"Youngho, Sehun. He's been taken."

 

Sehun's jaw slacked, he shot up to his feet and knocked against his office door. Lucas and Kun came in and he put the phone on speaker. They crowded around the table, with confused looks on their faces until they heard Sojung's shaky voice.

"Why would he be taken?"

The two guards immediately straightened their backs. Sehun mouthed Johnny's name to his men and they pulled out their phones, ready to send orders the moment they got them.

"I don't know. He told me Minah came to his office and he wanted to go after her. I can't get to his phone and someone sent me a photo of him being strapped down. Se. What should I do?"

Sehun collected his thoughts, "I'll get my people to search. Meet me at the Clan Home. We'll get Jinu. He'll be there."

"Would he even tell us where Youngho is? Oppa, I–"

"You won't lose him. I promise you that. Now, get out of the office and head down to the Clan Home now. See you in 10."

 

***

 

The moment Sojung reached the property, she leapt out of the vehicle. She had spotted Jinu’s car from the drive-up and knew he was inside. She didn’t care if Sehun had reached or was on the way. 

Questioning Jinu will be her mission.

She kicked the doors open but no one in the house was surprised.

Jinu was sipping on his wine, his legs propped up against the table while his guards looked straight ahead, bowing at Sojung as she stormed to Jinu. She slapped the wine glass out of his hands, painting the wall next to them red. She grabbed his collar and hoisted him to his feet. He let her do whatever she wanted with him, not even bothering to fight back.

"There's goes the 1947 Cheval Blanc."

“Where’s Youngho, you son of a ?”

He chuckled.

“What are you talking about?” He eyed her hands around his collar. “Why would I know where your husband's at? I'm not one of his es. Did you check the nearest hotel?"

She growled, shoving him against the wall, "Don't with me."

WMW came rushing into the house and ran to pull their Young Miss back when they saw her pissed. Jinu tilted his head at the guards and held his arms up in surrender, motioning to them with his eyes to get Sojung off him.

They grunted and pulled her off Jinu.

"Young Miss, this is not going to help."

Jinu smirked before his smug look melted away into a laugh. He clapped his hands and dropped down onto the chair he was on earlier. Seungyoon handed him another fresh glass of wine.

"Wow, this is a first."

"First what?" Sojung growled, shoving the guys off her. 

He shrugged, "This is probably the first time I've ever seen you so worked up. The always-calm-never-agitated Sojung bursting into the Clan Home to attack me."

Jinu then tapped his chin in thought, shaking his head. He wagged his finge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter