PwF 18

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu paced up and down the conference room, Wonho and Wonwoo watched him walk back and forth in irritation.

“Would you stop pacing?” Wonho huffed. “It’s not the first Clan meeting the Young Miss has to attend.”

“Exactly,” Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

“Have you guys not understood the context of this meeting?”

He sat down with his team.

“The Elders want to decide the next Clan leader tomorrow. Tomorrow.”

Wonho folded his arms, “They are obviously trying to pull Young Miss off the seat, especially when Young Master isn’t in Korea right now.”

“Is Elder Kim going tomorrow?”

Mingyu nodded.

Wonwoo pressed his lips together, “He’s going to try pushing his son to be Clan leader instead.”

“Now you see my worries?”

Before the trio could continue their conversation, Mingyu’s phone started ringing. He flashed the screen to his team before answering the call, the three of them getting to their feet and headed towards the lifts.

“Yes, Young Miss?”

“Why haven’t you told me about the Clan meeting tomorrow?” Her voice was cold. “Why do I have to find out through Elder Kim?”

“Did he call you?”

Wonwoo face-palmed while Wonho patted Mingyu’s back.

“What do you think?”

There was slight silence before Sojung took a deep breath.

“Where are you?”

“I’m downstairs.”

He glanced at his friends, who were waving their hands frantically, telling him not to reveal that they were together. He nodded, turning away to continue the call.

“Don’t bother coming up. Call Hoseok or Woo to take over your duties today. Go back to the Training Ground, I want you to run. Run 20 clicks with a 20kg weighted vest. Within 1.5 hours. I’ll check.”

“What? No. Young Miss--”

“Do you want it to increase to 30kg or have your time shortened?”

“Okay, okay. 20kg in 1.5 hours.” He sighed. “I’ll get Wonho to head up.”

Sojung hung up without another word and Mingyu’s shoulders sagged. Wonho and Wonwoo crowded around him and gave him a group hug.

“So, a run?” Wonwoo chuckled unsurely. “Brutal.”

Wonho forced a smile, “She knows you hate running, so good luck.”

“Yeah, thanks, dude. You’re taking over my duties. Woo, drive me to TG.” Mingyu pouted, making Wonwoo laugh at him as he dragged the tall male towards the parking garage.

 

***

 

Johnny stirred awake, he groaned as he realised he had woken up early on a weekend. He laid on his side, arm sprawled on the other side of the bed. His eyes cracked open when he didn’t feel Sojung beside him.

“Hmm? Where did she go?”

He climbed out of bed slowly and shuffled his way towards the toilet.

The study room.

The living room.

The kitchen.

She wasn’t in any of those places.

“Where could she be?” Johnny ran his fingers through his hair. “She’s not at home, it’s the weekend…”

He reached for his phone and tried calling Sojung but his calls went into her voicemail. He pursed his lips and went to freshen up.

 

***

 

Sojung took several deep breaths as the car neared the Clan Home. It was always meetings like this that shook her. The TG, her father or other underworld brutes don’t scare her, but this did.

Events like this were not in her control, she could not steer the results to go her way.

“Young Miss, are you okay?” Mingyu asked.

WMW were in the car with her, Wonho next to her while Mingyu drove and Wonwoo in the passenger’s seat. Wonho reached over to squeeze her hand to reassure her.

“We’ll support you no matter what.”

Mingyu pulled up outside the Clan Home and killed the engine. Sojung closed her eyes for a quick minute before putting on the mask of a Clan leader-to-be and hopped out of the car.

 

“Elders,” Sojung greeted the older men the moment she stepped in. “Good morning.”

Everyone at the long table in the meeting room turned to look at her. GOT7 and WINNER were all seated at their respective seats, with their own Elders while the head of the table was left empty for  Sojung and her team.

“Where is your brother, Sojung-ah?” Elder Woon spoke up. “He should be here in a meeting like this.”

She knew his motive for asking that question.

He wanted to know if Sehun was coming.

“He’s overseas right now,” she answered truthfully. She wanted to see what the old geezers would do to her now. “He won’t be able to make it.”

Several elders nodded softly with smirks on their faces.

"Let's get down to business."

Elder Kim got up, “I would like to recommend Jinu to be Clan leader. He has everything to head the whole Clan. He’s meticulous, ruthless, calculative and protective.”

Jaebum’s uncle stood up.

“Then I want to suggest Jaebum. He has the above qualities and he doesn’t bed different women every night, he is loyal and goal-driven.”

Jaebum grabbed his uncle’s arm in distaste, shaking his head to tell the older man to sit down. He never wanted to become the Clan leader; that Sojung knew.

“It’s too much work and I don’t want to constantly live under my uncle’s pressure.”

He gave Sojung an apologetic smile, she just shook her head good-naturedly at him.

Other elders with sons of lesser power started to shout their son’s names while she was distracted. WMW saw how the situation was slowly getting out of hand.

“ENOUGH!”

Sojung slammed her palm on the table, effectively shutting everyone up. Some of the sons sat down at the murderous glare in her eyes, they knew she was pissed.

She was never one to appreciate noise.

“Thank you for your inputs, Elders.” She said with a straight face. “I can see the qualities everyone has mentioned but I believe my father, the current Clan Leader, has gone through a meeting with the Elders to decide who the next leader is.”

She gave Elder Kim a pointed look, “Isn’t that right?”

He scoffed, folding his arms.

“I know your father and the Grand-L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter