PwF 06

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny flipped through the papers given to him to run through and edit. Although he was upset and reluctant, he still came back after an hour of sulking outside. She stuck notes all over the documents, pointing out flaws and mistakes from within the report.

“Lacking proper analysis,” he read one of the notes. “Lacking market research. Always lacking something.”

He buried his face in his hands, “Why am I still here?”

The clock struck 6 PM, but no one dared to move. Sojung had been calling their office even till 5.45 PM, who knew if she would call them again.

Mingyu appeared at the entrance of their office.

“It’s 6 PM, you guys can leave.” He announced. “Miss Oh won’t ever make you OT. See you all at 9 AM sharp tomorrow.”

He left straight after saying that, letting the employees have room to breathe. They started packing and were getting ready to leave when Mia noticed Johnny still stuck at his seat, fretting over his laptop.

“Are you not leaving?”

He looked up, “Nope. I want to finish looking through these before going back. I’ll see you guys tomorrow.”

“Alright. Bye, Johnny!”

He watched his colleagues leave before sighing. He gathered his stuff and went back to his main office, wanting to continue his work there. He walked towards his door, noticing how the light to Sojung’s room was still lit.

“Ah, whatever,” he pushed his doors open.

 

“Young Miss, everyone’s gone.” Mingyu put his iPad down. “But Mister Seo's still around.”

Sojung nodded, signing her name on the documents to approve the reports.

“You guys can leave for the night,” she recapped her pen. “I’m almost done here.”

Mingyu and Wonwoo gave each other knowing looks and bowed slightly at Sojung.

“Wonho will be staying behind tonight, we’ll be leaving now.” 

Sojung gave them a nod. 

"What do you want for dinner, Young Miss?" Wonho asked. "I'll go get them."

"I'm craving some ddeokbokki, grab yourself some dinner on the way."

"What about…" Wonho pointed over his shoulder towards Johnny's room.

"He'll be able to handle his own dinner. Go."

"I'll be back in 15 minutes."

"Don't worry, Hoseok-ah. I can take care of myself."

Wonho smiled at the name. Sojung was the only one who ever called him by his birth name. They had known each other since they were kids, just a little longer before Mingyu and Wonwoo entered their lives.

Sojung was grateful for him, he was the one who trusted her to be able to protect herself and would allow her breathing space.

Wonho knew how much Sojung needed her freedom. Not saying having the other two around was suffocating, she had been surrounded like that since she was a kid.

Mingyu was the most responsible, which explained why he was her secretary and head of command. Wonwoo was the super protective one, he watched out for her and thought of many plans in case of emergencies and whatnot. Her safety was his priority.

 

Sojung got up 2 minutes after Wonho left and went to make herself some coffee. There was still so much to review and understand about the company, she knew she had to stay back that night.

She walked past Johnny's office and paused.

She didn't like the way their conversation ended, she needed to set some things straight. She knocked on his door.

"Come in."

Sojung opened the door and stepped in, strolling towards his table while taking in his room. The atmosphere was good, she liked how simple his office looked.

"What are you doing here? To spy on me?"

Sojung scoffed at Johnny's jab.

"Don't be ridiculous. It's after 6 PM, I'm not working for your father anymore."

"So, why are you here?"

Johnny stopped whatever he was doing and waited for her response. Sojung took a seat opposite him at his desk, folding her arms and sitting in a relaxed way.

"I can tell you don't like me hovering around you," she started. "So, I won't do that. I'm just Oh Sojung after working hours, if you ever need help, I'm free to help you then. As much as I hate to admit it, I'm your superior in this office and your future wife. We have to be able to work together."

Johnny blinked.

Sojung shook her head with a smile.

"I may look and behave intimidatingly, but I'm a rational person. I know what I should and what I shouldn't do. You'll just have to trust me."

Johnny pushed the papers on his desk away and scooted closer to the table.

"Are you saying you won't spy on me and report everything to my father?" He asked. "What happens in the workplace, stays here?"

Sojung nodded. Johnny started celebrating on the inside.

"That's all, I'm leaving."

"Wait!"

Johnny shot out to grab Sojung's wrist. She stopped and eyed his hand on her. He quickly retracted his hand and cleared his throat.

“What is it?”

“I want to talk about this marriage.”

“Okay,” she sat back down on the chair. “Spill.”

He plopped down, pulling out a file that he had prepared beforehand. Sojung watched him in amusement as he flipped to the front page.

"I know we won't be able to push this marriage away, so the only way we can handle this is to create a contract."

The corner of quirked up.

"Go on."

"I made a small document stating all my terms and left a space blank for you to write yours. If we both are agreeable, we can sign and be wedded."

She took the papers from him and scanned through the details.

 

Marriage Contact between Oh Sojung and Seo Youngho, Johnny

This document is to certify the agreement between Oh Sojung (PARTY A) and Seo Youngho, Johnny (PARTY B). The terms and conditions of this marriage are listed below, any decision made here will be final and there will be no changes.

 

Seo Youngho, Johnny's terms

PARTY A is to never probe into the personal life of PARTY B.

PARTY A can never interfere with PARTY B's fun.

Drinking

Partying

Having girlfriends

 

When Sojung read till here, she raised an eyebrow at Johnny. He looked away and urged her to finish reading.

 

PARTY A is required to fulfil any spousal obligations requested by PARTY B.

Family dinners

Company events

Personal events

PARTY A will not interfere with PARTY B's freedom.

PARTY A shall not, and ever, tell anyone about this agreement.

PARTY A and PARTY B to move to PARTY B's condominium after marriage.

 

She went further down the page and saw her section was just a big empty space. She took her pen and wrote her terms down before leaving her signature at the bottom of the page.

"You know, if you put this much effort in your work with Kia, I doubt your father will ever need me to come in."

She handed the paper back to him and left his office. He took the papers and read her terms.

 

Oh Sojung's terms

PARTY B shall not interfere with PARTY A's life - no matter what happens.

PARTY B must ensu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter