PwF 12

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung drove Johnny to the restaurant that evening, he dragged his feet behind her, not willing to meet Junmyeon for dinner. Sojung threw him several looks, even stopping in her steps just to wait for him to catch up.

She couldn’t take it anymore and turned around just a few metres from the entrance to the restaurant.

“Step up, would you?”

Johnny shook his head, eyes trained on the ground. He shuffled his feet towards her.

“Look up.”

He gave her a timid look.

“Why are you behaving like this?” She questioned, leaning her weight on one foot with her arms crossed. “Is your cousin scaring you?”

“Yeah! I mean… kind of,” he sighed. “Ever since I found out about how he had a photographer following me. It’s just… Why would he do that?”

Sojung clapped her hands on his arms, righting him.

“Man up,” she stated with finality. “You being so weak now, won’t make him stop. You have to prove him wrong. What you are doing now, it’s just proving that he’s right, that he has power over you. Don’t let him think that.”

Johnny searched her eyes for any form of mockery or taunt but he saw genuine care in her hazel gems. His heart did a flip, making him look away first. She showed a hint of a smile while straightening his outfit. She held her hand out to him.

“Let’s go.”

He nodded dumbly and took her hand.

 

Junmyeon was at the table with his wife when he looked up and saw Johnny and Sojung walk in. He smirked, standing up with his arms spread open.

“Oh, you’re here. For a moment, I thought you would run away or something,”

Sojung’s eye twitched at the sound of his condescending tone.

Really? In front of me, nonetheless?

Johnny returned Junmyeon’s hug, Sojung just smiled at the male and his wife - who was staring at her. If one didn’t know better, they would have thought she was jealous of Sojung.

“Cousin, Jangmi noona.”

“Come on, sit, introduce us to your little… girlfriend over there.”

Sojung thanked Johnny for pulling her seat for her. She sat down, crossed her legs and leaned against the back of the chair.

“Oh, I’m no girlfriend.” She chuckled, Johnny sat next to her and tugged on her elbow. “I’m his wife.”

“Wife." Junmyeon was skeptical. "When did you get married? You don’t find it important enough to tell your dear cousin?”

“I thought… my dad would have told you.”

“Apparently, he didn’t.” He waved his hand, getting the waiter. “We can talk about this while having dinner. Are you hungry, Miss--”

“Sojung. Oh Sojung.”

“You’re an Oh?” Jangmi spoke up. “As in Samsung Oh, Hyundai Oh?”

She nodded, “Yeah. Why?”

“Some people just get everything,” the older woman muttered under her breath.

“I didn’t catch that, speak up.”

Jangmi shot Sojung a look, Junmyeon had to hold his wife’s hand to calm her down.

“Now, let’s not let the newlyweds wait. Sojung, order what you wish to have. Oppa here is getting the tab.”

 

*

 

“I heard your company’s slowly picking up. In terms of discipline and efficiency.” Junmyeon smiled, cutting his steak. “Good job, you’re improving.”

Sojung’s eye twitched at the tone of his voice. He was blatantly mocking Johnny, but she noticed how her husband was not talking, but instead, thanked Junmyeon.

“Thanks, hyung, I’ll do my best.”

“If there’s any problem, remember to come look for me. Book an appointment with my secretary and I’ll definitely help you.”

Sojung chuckled.

“Thank you, cousin-in-law, for your concern.” She looked up. “He has me around, we’ll do fine. Besides, I’m also open to help you too if you ask, I’m really good at what I do.”

Johnny stilled at her words, he heard the venom dripping off her tone. Junmyeon stopped moving for a quick second before smiling at her.

“Oh yes, I’ll keep that in mind, Jung-ah.”

Sojung put her utensils down, “My apologies, cousin, please do call me Sojung or cousin. Only people I’m close to, call me Jung.”

Junmyeon hid his rising rage, while Johnny found it difficult to stop his lips from quirking up.

“Johnny, I’ve heard of your recent scandal. Why are there people so concerned over your personal life?” He chuckled. “You have to keep your fun in check too, you’re married now.”

Sojung smiled, she reached for her glass of water.

“As for that, I’ll have to ask the person who sent the photographer over.” She looked straight at Junmyeon. “Why did you get Yoon Minsoo to follow and snap photos of Youngho?”

“What? I have no idea what you are talking about, Sojung-ah.”

She snapped her fingers and Wonwoo walked into the restaurant with a brown envelope. She threw it onto the table at Junmyeon and continued eating. He watched her, to gauge her behaviour when she motioned to him.

“Open it.”

He reached for it, opening the envelope and seeing photos of him talking to Minsoo. He took a deep breath and stuffed the photos back inside. He pushed the envelope towards Sojung.

“I was just talking to him about the scandals,” Junmyeon explained. “I found out he was the one who had been revealing the photos to the media.”

Sojung pursed her lips, nodding in understanding.

“Oh? Okay, it’s good that you are looking out for my husband.”

“Don’t mention it,” Junmyeon went back to eating. “It’s my duty to take care of my relatives.”

“That’s a nice gesture, cousin.”

She reached for Johnny’s hand.

“See, hubby, cousin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter