PwF 17

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sojung ended up having to drag a drunk Johnny home that night. Their little talk became something casual and enjoyable that they kept drinking wine. 

It turned out the night-club prince had a lower tolerance than Sojung.

She was barely tipsy when he was getting drunk.

"Hey, you're beautiful," he slurred when she helped him into her car. “So pretty.”

"Behave yourself," she said as she put his seatbelts on for him.

Johnny put a finger to his lips.

"Shh… okay. Don't tell my wife."

"Tell her what?"

"That I said you're beautiful, I promised her to be faithful."

Sojung shook her head, "She'll be proud of you."

Johnny smiled in his stupor, his eyes lidded. He tilted his head to look at her when he grabbed her cheeks, pulled her closer to him. Her heart skipped a beat as she stared into his eyes.

"You look like my wife."

She couldn't hold back her amusement and laughed.

"That's because I am your wife."

"Oh lord," he slapped his cheeks. "Are you serious? I get to have you as my wife?"

"Yes, you do. You put this ring on me."

He grabbed her hand and stared at the ring on her finger.

"Wow…"

She gently pushed his hands away.

"Sit tight."

She then went to the driver's seat. When she climbed in, Johnny had already fallen asleep. She drove slowly since she was also under the influence of alcohol and they made it home without any issues. She rolled the car to a stop, taking a moment to rest her eyes before getting out.

"Come on, we're home."

She shook Johnny gently. He stirred awake and opened his eyes slightly.

"Ah, Sojung… I feel queasy."

Before she could react, Johnny gagged and let himself go. She barely managed to step aside and he dirtied the ends of her pants.

"Damn."

She didn't know to laugh or cry.

"I'm so sorry," Johnny climbed out of the car. "I--"

"Don't fret," she motioned for him to enter the house. "Go get cleaned up."

He watched her get the hose to rinse the ground as he stumbled his way towards the house. He gave her another glance over his shoulder and disappeared into the house.

 

Sojung heard the water running in the toilet and reached for a random dress shirt to change into while she waited for Johnny to be done. She huffed at the sight of clothes strewn all over the place. She was easing out of her work pants when the effects of the alcohol finally hit her. Her head was spinning when she straightened her back.

She didn’t hear the toilet door open.

She was about to remove her top when she felt arms wrap around her waist from behind and she felt a sturdy chest pressed against her back.

“Hmm, you feel warm.”

Sojung’s breath hitched when she felt his nose nuzzling at her neck.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m cold,” he mumbled. “Cold. Cold…”

She slowly slid out of his arms and pushed him towards the bed, “Get under the covers.”

He climbed onto the bed but didn’t do as he was told, instead he watched her bend over to pick the clothes up. The hem of the dress shirt rode up and he could see her laced underwear and a little of her . 

Sojung turned around and caught him staring at her. In his drunken courage, he got off the bed and walked towards her while thinking of cheesy lines.

“Did you sit on a pile of sugar? Cause your is pretty sweet.”

Her arms were akimbo as she glared at him.

“Do you want me to sock you in the face?”

She menaced towards him and he stumbled, falling onto the bed. She smiled and held her hand out, offering to pull him up.

“What are you doing, exactly?”

He grinned in reply and winked, “I was just falling for you.”

Sojung rolled her eyes and smacked him, making him fall back on the pillows. He held his spinning head and laid down. She sat on the bed next to him and covered him with the blanket, patting his chest.

“Head to bed. You’ll appreciate it more in the morning.”

He grasped her hand.

“Will you sleep with me tonight?”

When he realised how thirsty that sounded, he quickly laughed it off.

“I mean, like on the same bed but just sleep. We won’t be doing anything else. I… I can’t really sleep after drinking, I get a headache even in my sleep.”

She nudged him.

“Huh?”

“Move in, I need space if I were to sleep with you, yes?”

“Oh, yes! Yes.”

Johnny scooted in, towards the wall. He gave her tons of space but she got up instead.

“Where are you--”

“Shower. I reek of alcohol.”

“Do you want me to go with you?” He asked cheekily. “I can rub your back for you.”

Sojung let out a fake laugh, “You can try if you don’t value your hands.”

Johnny froze.

“I’ll wait for you here instead.”

“Hmm, good boy.”

Sojung patted his head and walked into the toilet.

 

*

 

Sojung came out of the bathroom with a towel around her neck, rubbing her hair dry. She heaved a huge sigh of satisfaction - the pleasure you get after taking a shower after a long day.

“Youngho, I--”

She turned around, Johnny was on the bed with his eyes closed, “And you say you can’t sleep after drinking.”

“I really can’t.”

She jumped at the sound of his voice. He peeked one eye open and patted the bed next to him.

“Come on up.”

Sojung hung her towel behind their room door and climbed under the covers.

Even with his eyes closed, he reached for her and tugged her arm. She fell on her side and he immediately pulled her closer to him with an arm. His chest pressed against her back, their legs tangled together.

Sojung could feel her heart beating all over the place but he was being so calm about it. For the first time they met, she felt that he was a man, instead of just some guy.

There was something different about Johnny when he’s drunk.

“Stop thinking,” he whispered. “Sleep.”

“Hmm,” she hummed, hoping the shake in her voice did not show. “Goodnight.”

“Night.”

 

***

 

Sojung was walking around the office, preparing to leave for another meeting. Johnny huffed and melted into the sofa. 

“What is with all the drinking? Do you really have to drink again tonight?”

Wonwoo gave him a look and turned his attention back to Sojung, who was nodding at the information.

“What time and where?”

“10 PM, PRIMA.”

“A club?” Johnny sat up. “Which business part wants you to meet at a club? Shouldn’t such meetings be held at the bar or something?”

Sojung shook her head.

All her thoughts of him being a man wiped out the moment Johnny was sober.

"Her client is her brother," Wonwoo scoffed. "Unless you want to come with…"

"Oh! Um…" Johnny gulped.

"Don't , Woo."

Sojung rolled her eyes playfully at Johnny.

"I'm meeting my brother for a monthly drink sesh. Head home after work or meet your friends, I won't be back till late."

"But--"

"The three of them will be coming with me, I'll be fine."

Johnny bit his bottom lip and nodded. Wonwoo shook his head at the male's behaviour before continuing with updating his boss. He slunk deeper into the couch, letting out a huge breath.

The way her body moulded against his last night…

Was that really her?

She was so gentle but now…

The fierce, no-nonsense Sojung is back.

 

"Don't you have work to do?"

Johnny straightened his back. Wonwoo had his arms folded while Sojung was staring at him.

"What?"

"Don't. You. Have work to do?"

He scrambled to his feet, avoiding Sojung's glare and excused himself out of the office. After rushing to his own office, he realised something.

"Why am I running away? I could have just walked out."

 

*

 

Sojung and Wonwoo kept their eyes at the door until they heard the bang of Johnny's.

"Okay, now that he's gone," she cleared . "What's up?"

"I know it's your off-night with Young Master, but one of our men found out there would be a drug exchange at PRIMA tonight. Sehun already knows, he wants us and his team to be on standby."

Sojung sighed, "I can't believe this guy is still not caught."

"If the police get wind of this, and they end up catching the guy… what if he pins this on you? Samsung would--"

"Collapse. I know. Hyundai and Kia would too."

She rubbed her temples.

"Tell Se I'll take care of things."

 

***

 

Sehun raised his hand when he saw Sojung enter the club. She gave him a curt nod before heading his way.

"Looks like we can't enjoy drinks like usual," Sehun downed his glass of whiskey.

She scoffed and sat down, grabbing his glass and pouring herself a glass, "I know drugs bring in tons of money but which Clan rule is not easy to understand? No drugs."

She shook her head. Sehun couldn't help but chuckle at his sister.

"It doesn't have to make sense to you. As long it does to them, they will do it."

"It's worrisome."

"I know, sissy," he reached for her hand. "I'll back you up, remember that."

Sojung smiled teasingly, "You're being awfully cheesy today. Did something good happen?"

Sehun slid away but she noticed the hint of a smirk.

"Well… you can say that."

"What's her name?"

Sehun side-eyed her, "What?"

"Come on, the only two reasons for you to act like that," she pointed out. "One, when you get to land a kick on me. Two, a woman.”

She leaned in closer, “You haven’t got the ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter