PwF 20

Playing with Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun arrived outside the restaurant he had agreed to meet Yumi for dinner. She was the one he had been texting back at Sojung’s home and it was their first official date. He glanced at his watch, bouncing on his heels while waiting for her to reach him.

“Hey!”

A cheerful voice floated into his ears and he could feel himself smile.

“Hey,” he turned to Yumi. “You’re early.”

“You’re earlier.”

Yumi curled her hair behind her ear and stood closer to Sehun. He puffed his chest out slightly, happy at the close proximity. He was about to talk to her when a shrill squeal invaded his ears. His brows furrowed in irritation as Yumi turned around, recognising the voice.

“Yumi!”

A flash of blonde and pink rushed past Sehun and tackled Yumi in a hug. His nose wrinkled at the familiar smell of her perfume.

“Jisoo, Jennie!”

Yumi was excited to see her secondary school classmates. They almost started little chatter when her friends noticed Sehun’s presence. They turned to look at him and their eyes sparkled at the sight of his excellent visuals and height.

“Who’s that?”

Yumi blushed. Sehun felt his heart jump at the sight of how cute she looked and planted his palm on the small of her back.

“Hello, I’m Sehun.”

She wrapped her arm around his waist, “He’s my boyfriend.”

Sehun had to grab a hold of his emotions, the way she said boyfriend made him feel things. He gave her friends a smile when the familiar wave of cheap perfume wafted through the air. He turned towards the smell and saw a lady staring at him with wide eyes.

He had seen that pair of eyes somewhere before.

He can’t remember where.

 

“May we join you?” Jisoo asked, batting her eyelashes at Sehun. “It’s been so long since we met.”

Yumi turned to him, wanting to see his reaction before agreeing on anything. She didn’t notice how her old classmate was undressing him with her eyes.

“Mr Oh isn’t one to let people he doesn’t know join him,” Jennie smirked, folding her arms. "Right?”

Yumi chuckled, “How did you know that? Have you guys met?”

“Oh?” Jennie smirked. “I’ve seen him around before. When we were working up a sweat.”

The memory came crashing into Sehun’s mind. 

He knew he recognised the lady, she was one of his one-night stands from a while back. He smirked at the lady, darkness masking over his eyes.

The type he gave to people who crossed him.

“Working up a sweat?” Yumi repeated. “Did you guys meet at the gym?”

Jennie watched Sehun and chuckled, “Yeah. I was on the treadmill when I fell off, he saved me from an embarrassing moment.”

 

Sehun’s gaze was murderous, Jennie could tell but she liked seeing him fiery. That night they had was fueled by his anger, and it was the best she ever had. He knew which angle she was playing at and gave her a pointed glance to the side.

He then flashed his girlfriend a smile, “Yumi, give me a sec, I need to make a call.”

“Okay,” she nodded. “I’ll go grab us a table.”

Sehun kissed her on the top of her head and stalked off. Jennie saw him leave and took this chance to excuse herself to the toilet. She walked around the corner, trying to find Sehun when someone grabbed her arm and pulled her into the stairwell.

Sehun caught her in a kabedon position, she gasped but when she saw it was him, she pressed herself onto him. She drew circles on his chest, trying to rile him up.

“Woah,” her voice was sultry. “Are you that impatient?”

He grabbed her wrist, “What game are you playing?”

“What, what game?” She her lips. “I just miss you. You disappeared on me after that night, you have no idea how long I looked just to find out you’re the CEO of Hyundai.”

Using her caught wrist, she grabbed his collar and slammed her lips against his as her hand s downwards to his crotch. Gently rubbing against his clothed groin, she made sure to grip him here and there in an attempt to get him fired up.

He let her touch him, wanting to see what she was trying to do until she started to undo his shirt that he grabbed her hands. He pinned them above her head and leaned in dangerously close.

“Stop with your antics,” he growled. “I have no time for you. What happened between us was a long time ago.”

“But it seems like your body still remembers my touch,” she poked his bulge. “You’re hard.”

“Don’t flatter yourself, Jennie. It’s a bodily reaction to stimulation.”

“You’re really cocky, aren’t you? Pun intended.”

She pressed her lips against his, biting down on his bottom lip. He grunted and shoved her away, touching his bleeding lip.

“I’m warning you, stay away from me. I’m out with Yumi and she’s the only one that will be on my mind. You would off if you know better.”

"What if I didn't know better?"

"Then I'll kill you."

He stormed off but she piped up, her words stopping him in his steps.

“What if I tell her who you really are?” She taunted. “Do you think she will continue to go out with you when she finds out the leader behind those loan sharks is the same man she’s claiming as her boyfriend?"

Sehun shot out and held her chin, tracing his finger down her jawline before grabbing her face so hard, her cheeks would bruise.

“Don’t ever. Ever. Think you’ll be able to threaten me for a second.” He hissed. “Tell her. I don’t care.”

He brought her closer to him.

“Do you think she’ll trust you over the likes of me?”

“Then why are you acting like this?” Her voice was muffled with her face squished. “It’s almost as though you were afraid of her finding out about you.”

He was done with the conversation and shoved her towards the steps, making her wince on impact.

 

“I’ll head back to her, you’ll grab your friend and leave the restaurant. Don’t make me repeat myself.”

 

***

 

Yumi kept glancing at the entrance of the restaurant after she entered with Jisoo. Her friend noticed her staring and shook her head with a teasing grin.

“He’ll be back soon,” she chuckled. “Don’t get your pants in a twist.”

Yumi rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly.

“Yumi!” 

She turned to the voice and saw Jennie walking hurriedly towards her.

“Jen--”

“Come, I have to talk to you.”

Without waiting for Yumi to say no, Jennie pulled her to the side urgently.

"What's wrong?"

"Sehun. Stay away from him."

Yumi was bewildered, "What? Why?"

Jennie was out of breath, her eyes darted around nervously, on the lookout for Sehun in case he came in.

"He's bad. Stay away from him."

"What are you talking about? He's the nicest guy I've met!" She was defensive. "He saved me from the loan sharks before. He's not bad."

Jennie huffed, grabbing Yumi's arms, "Do you even know why they backed off? Because he's the mafia. He's the son of the mafia lord!"

“What? Don’t be ridiculous." She pushed Jennie's hands away. "He’s an employee of Hyundai.”

“Google him. Oh Sehun.”

Yumi rolled her eyes at her friend, fishing for her phone. She keyed Sehun’s name and thousands of articles showed up. Images of him shaking hands with several big-brand companies in terms of collaborations or project partnerships.

“Oh Sehun, aged 26.” She read out. “He was born in Seoul, Korea but studied in Singapore. Finished his Master’s programmes in NUS, before returning to Seoul to take over Hyundai.”

Jennie urged her to read on.

“His father’s the founder of Hyundai and mother’s the Director for Samsung. Wow, talk about an influential family.”

“What else does the article say?”

Yumi shrugged.

“Nothing much, he has a younger sister who’s hidden from the public eye.”

“What?”

Jennie snatched her phone over and scrolled the search page in disbelief. She the device back to Yumi.

“He’s really part of the mafia!”

“How would you know?” Yumi folded her arms. “Why would you have so much prejudice over a man you just met?”

“I--”

She struggled between telling her friend the truth and keeping mum. It’s never a good story to tell your friend that you boned the person she liked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter