TWENTYTWO.

Same But Not Quite Similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/author slowly sneaks in/ 

Hello everyone. Has it been 2 weeks? *laugh* Well many things happened (bad thing) so I got to take a few time of my own. Hopefully none is mad at me? ^^

I will try my best to keep going without giving up. Thank you to some of you giving me encouragement to keep going. God bless you guys <3 And here is the new chapter for everyone! mThe shortest so far but I hope you will still be with me.

Thank you again for reading my story <3

 

 

As the bed is wheeled out from the operating room, dozen claps could be heard coming from the big hall in roaring cheers. The staffs and hospital’s personnel are standing there wearing a relief expression over each their faces, beaming proudly towards the team walking out in unwind manner after long hours of battle inside. As the rest brings the bed with the patient; Choi, lying on it to the ICU room, Doctor Lee Eunhyuk emerges from the back followed by Doctor Kwon Boa. Both still in the blue surgery uniform and exhaustion obviously showed from the two demeanors.

 

“Looking well it is.” Heechul comes forward to them, finally smiling unlike his sour mood two days before when the entire mishap started happening—all thanks to the pressures put on by the Choi’s family. He gives an approval smile to the surgeons, a sigh of relief let out from his mouth. “I’ve never doubted both of you.”

 

“It’s all on Doctor Kwon. Her skill in the operation room is undeniably the best.” Eunhyuk modestly confesses, letting everyone hears him as well so they will know this surgery wouldn’t be successful without the neurosurgeon’s help; and himself does agree with it. Doctor Kwon Boa has been the most talented in this field amongst the brilliants in this country. Her gifted talent and skillful hands have been a great help in helping those with neurological disorder and complexes.

 

“Not true. Doctor Lee helped me a lot. Without his assistance, the surgery couldn’t run smoothly.” Doctor Kwon said, smiling politely to both Eunhyuk and Heechul.

 

“Well, this hospital has the best surgeons and that’s that!” Remarked Heechul as everyone nods in agreement. The crowds are dissipating with each of them returning back to their post except for the three, for someone is walking to them.

 

A loud click of heels filling the air, stopping right beside them. “I have to say it’s indeed impressive, although I haven’t seen my father yet to know how he’s doing after this second surgery.” The Choi’s daughter has been waiting since this early morning, hours before the surgery would start. To say her entire presence didn’t pick on everyone’s nerves would be a lie. It’s like her entire form could pounce on anyone if anything happens to her father and that is indeed scary. Her sharp menacing glares are enough to make anyone backing away too.

 

Eunhyuk wishes to defend back but he’s beaten up by Heechul addressing the journalist in a tired manner. “Sooyoung-ah, give it a break. I’ve told you there’s nothing to worry about under their cares.” The casual way Heechul’s calling her name doesn’t surprise both the surgeons at all. They know he is close with the journalist of one of the renown media and broadcast companies in Korea; Choi Sooyoung. A position anyone with brain would be afraid off to mess wrongly. Not that Eunhyuk wonders the hows they could know each other—Heechul has friends everywhere, his influence is widespread.

 

Snigger comes out from Choi Sooyoung as she crossed her arms together across her chest, intentionally showing off the shape of her bosoms through the slight tight crop top underneath the formal navy checkered jacket. She’s glancing to Eunhyuk and Boa rather dismissively. “It will be great if it stays that way. If not, you’ll be reading my article about this incident first thing tomorrow.”

 

“It will not happen again, Choi-shii. I give you my word.”

 

“Really?” Sooyoung challenges Eunhyuk’s daring claim. “So you will tell me who’s the intern causing my father to be paralyzed?” Eunhyuk stays silent, a direct answer to her. Sooyoung scoffs at this. “You still want to protect your student, doctor?”

 

“It’s an accident, Sooyoung. Your father’s condition isn’t permanent. A physiotherapy treatment could help him walk again. There’s nothing for you to fret about.” Heechul pipes out, wishing her to stop asking anymore for he knows Eunhyuk won’t give the name; a trait of the man that he admires despite many of his manners he couldn’t find a ground to understand.

 

Sooyoung is obviously dissatisfied but know Heechul is right. As clear as the day Doctor Lee won’t spill anything so she chooses to give it up this time. “We’ll see.” And she left, walking towards the ICU to see his father much to the three reliefs.

 

One disaster is solved—on to the next one.

 

 

 

 

 

As he gazes momentarily at Doctor Lee’s figure standing meters away by the balcony with a cup of a drink in his hand, his mind reels out the impossibly theories living free-rent inside his brain for days. Knowing his limited time on lunch break to ogle, Donghae walks towards the man he’s been thinking of so much in hope for his heart and brain to not fail him this time. The last he wants is to have another unwanted breakdown like two nights ago.

 

Talking about that night, Donghae has wished for the ground to swallow him whole. Perhaps getting himself scooped off his feet by a typhoon to land somewhere far instead. The embarrassment is too much. How can he let that happen again? And why did it happen? Endless questions without answers like the usual. Just when he thoughts he had everything under control….

 

“Hyukjae.” He does notice the slight jerk of the mentioned man’s body at his call and somehow Donghae finds that utterly disturbing, adding up to his heightened anxiety that produces unfavorable amount of unwelcome thoughts. However, when Hyukjae turns around to face him—ever so slowly like a motion captured in bits of nano-pixels, his mind comes to a shut. Furrowing eyebrows in perplexity as his voice squeaks out in worrisome, “Hyuk, are you alright?”

 

First of foremost, Hyukjae is certainly not alright. His pale complexion beyond his normal skin tone scared Donghae. Not to mention the heavy dark circles underneath his eyes and those orbs staring soulless back at him—why is it looking so sad? What could be troubling his mind until he would be seen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter