ONE.

Same But Not Quite Similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The only one thing that has been bugging him since this morning is the constant headache pounding against his head. The sensation is killing him, wearing out the entire energy left in his body.

 

It’s so not fair; Eunhyuk has been on the most exhausting and killing meeting for almost 2 hours straight—thanks to the very much annoying Board of Directors of SNH that won’t just shut up about almost everything unimportant to be looked upon to. They keep dragging the meeting which makes everyone so edgy including him too. Not to mention that he got 3 appointments with patients afterwards though luckily it doesn’t take that long. He just needs to look over the X-Rays and writes some referral letters to the Physiotherapy Department for those of his patients.

 

A break would be much appreciated, but unfortunately he has to do another one annoying job not belonging to him. “I am not doing this.” Indignantly he said, not caring if he is sounding rude well because yeah he is rude, and very sleepy too.

 

But of course nobody would care, not even his best friend slash another Orthopedics specialist like him; Jungsoo. “Please Hyuk, it won’t take that long.” The man makes a pleading face and it almost makes Eunhyuk bending down to it. But he’s being stubborn, there’s no way he will do it. Jungsoo can see this very clearly as he croaks up next, “Jongwoon isn’t here and the others are too preoccupied. You’re the only one with a free schedule for now. Please take it.”

 

“But I don’t want to do it. You know I hate touring the new kids.” Eunhyuk said to Jungsoo doesn’t even bother to hide his annoyance with those hard glares he’s giving the poor doctor. “And why Jongwoon hyung is always on MC? It’s been 5 days. He’s not supposed to go away that long.”

 

Jungsoo can just burst out here and there but he holds the anger in, knowing there’s no use portraying violence to a bratty Eunhyuk. He sighs heavily though, “You have to understand…..” He hesitates for a second to say it. “His turtles are sick.”

 

“And the Director approves his leave?”

 

“He begged him….. on his knees.” Eunhyuk’s eyebrow rises up in astonishment. “And promised to buy the Director those expensive hand creams from Italy.”

 

Eunhyuk couldn’t say anything, too stupefied by that. He refuses to ask more, to add up more of his headache so he grabs the board with papers clipped over it from Jungsoo’s hand and walks away. “Fine hyung. I’ll do it.”

 

He’s away from Jungsoo’s reach that he couldn’t hear the amusement in the elder’s voice. “You’re a life-saver, Eunhyuk-ah.”

 

Eunhyuk can only thought, whatever.

 

 

 

 

 

There’s like 20 new interns standing before him inside the conference room, all looking nervous and terrified; possibly because it’s the first day. Or in this case, because right now Doctor Lee Eunhyuk is facing them with a grimly uninterested face alongside a hint to devour anyone like a mad lion. He looks scary in the interns’ eyes that none of them even dare to look up. All looking down to the ground finding the tiles much interesting than the fact that one of the most famous Orthopedic Surgeon in South Korea is standing right in front of them.

 

Eunhyuk let out a heavy sigh as he brings the papers to his face, scanning each names without much enthusiasm. His pounding headache isn’t doing well either yet here he is; covering up the Surgical Department’s job all thanks to Doctor Kim Jongwoon and his stupid medical leave. He silently reads those names one by one knowing that in all those 20 only a few will stay. It’s not that easy to pass the marks in SNH after all. The kids are going to wail out to their moms’ arms for sure by the end of the posting. “Seo Kang Jun.”

 

Out of a sudden he calls out, eyes still on the white papers reading all those names. A pen in his hand hovering on the sheet. He hears a slight stutter among the small crowds, “Y—Ye—Yes.”

 

Eunhyuk sighs disappointingly, “If you stutter like that, go home. You’re going to talk with your patients in that way?” His voice is soft and calm but the whole room that’s originally been silent for hours now is turning much eerily tranquil. Like the temperature dropping a drastic negative within a second right after those remarks leave Doctor Lee’s mouth. Everyone becomes highly self-conscious, hearts palpitating and the same voice that stutters just now croaks out again, “I—I’m sorry, sir.”

 

“Another stutter. Minus 5 marks.” Eunhyuk’s hand move onto the board, writing something that dreads the poor intern’s heart. Seo Kang Jun mentally curses himself for the stutters. He’s about to fix it but Doctor Lee beats him to it by calling out another name.

 

“Jung Min Ah.”

 

“Yes!” A loud squeak, enough to rival a dolphin too. Eunhyuk momentarily shuts his eyes a second. He’s annoyed but he guesses even by the look of his face is enough to remind the girl that’s squeaking the word earlier. He brushes it off by ignoring her and ticks on the attendance’s column.

 

“Lee Donghae.”

 

Eunhyuk feels something strange right after the name rolls out from his tongue. His eyes are staring at the said name when before he would just skip to another one after calling a name but now his attention is on it, finding an odd feeling brewing inside him. It screams familiarity though he isn’t sure too. He dismisses it as some crazy tired thoughts.

 

He hears a firm voice talking and that quite amazed him. Finally some spirits.

 

“Yes.”

 

He ticks on the column then going to call out another name, not even realizing somebody’s gaze staring at him meaningfully.

 

 

 

 

 

Despite his reluctan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter