SEVEN.

Same But Not Quite Similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/author walks in/ 

Hello to everyone~ Excuse me for the sudden halt in the weekly update. Things got pretty rough nowadays but now It's all in place again. ^^ I will continue updating this story weekly with changed time slot! (lmao is this a TV show penguin?) Find out the new timeslot on the A/N down below after reading this intense chapter. (yes it's intense it portrays deeply the characters in the story you'll love them.)

Thank you for all the patience and support! Enjoy~

 

“What are you two doing here?!” Heechul hollers out madly towards Eunhyuk and Jungsoo, watching with seething eyes the two men in white coat bending down their bodies with Doctor Park’s hands sliding the collar of Donghae’s buttoned-up shirt to the side. At the sight before him, Director Kim’s stern face turns pallor. The raging anger inside dissipating into the thin air, replaced by an unspeakable terror witnessing the so familiar scar mutilating the intern’s body.

 

Yet it’s not the scar that terrifies him, it’s that Eunhyuk and Jungsoo have seen it; the former especially.

 

Because Eunhyuk isn’t supposed to see it. Not yet at least.

 

“Director-nim.” Doctor Park addresses Heechul formally as he removes his hands from the fabric. Both the orthopedics standing straight facing the man with much unreadable expressions. Although it’s quite obvious for Heechul to see the annoyance sported on Eunhyuk’s face.

 

Heechul bites down the uneasiness, not wanting to unveil too many—even though it has been done so unfortunately. He steps forward intimidatingly to his employees. Cold voice saying, “You two shouldn’t be here.” He turns to Eunhyuk next. “Doctor Lee, I thought you have an appointment you need to attend to? Why are you here being all nosey about this intern?”

 

To Eunhyuk’s mocking face Heechul wishes he could just dismiss his title and slap the out of him. That would definitely make him feels esthetic. But unfortunately this is a hospital where he’s currently working. Showing professionalism is the outmost priority considering Heechul’s higher position in the rank of multidisciplinary healthcare system.

 

Eunhyuk knows that too in which he deduces why the other doctor is so daring to show off his mockery to him. It sickens him so much, but patience is necessary. So Heechul remains silent, glaring evenly to Doctor Lee praying his glare is enough to peel the man off his skin.

 

“The patient cancels his appointment at the last minute.”

 

“And the reason?” Heechul questions hardly, yet it’s not enough to break the smug-look over Eunhyuk’s face he’s having a hard time not to punch right now.

 

“How would I know, Director-nim? I am not nosey. If I were Doctor Park, maybe I would know.” Haughtily he answers, not backing down the glare with Heechul that’s looking by seconds flaring up in anger. The latter’s eyes instinctively move towards the mentioned Orthopedic standing beside Eunhyuk. Jungsoo is as flustered as he’s always been whenever unexpected situation thrown to his way. He must haven’t see Eunhyuk putting the finger on him.

 

Heechul berates on Jungsoo next, “Aren’t you supposed to be working on those papers I’ve assigned to you, Doctor Park?”

 

“It’s all done, Director-nim. All stacked up properly on your table.” Carefully he said.

 

“Then what’s your business here? You got no office to yourself?”

 

Jungsoo almost rolls his eyes as he wills himself to handle his annoying boss. For real, he’s been signing the papers since morning, skipping lunch just so he can have all evening to himself for new juicy gossips with the nurses from Admin level yet the Director isn’t even seeing his effort—of signing and arranging tons of files which should be the man’s own job. To hell whatever important job Heechul’s handling nowadays with the mysterious patient.

 

Inwardly chanting patience he utters, “I was about to leave for my room when I heard a commotion inside the ER. So I came here to see this boy having a panic attack. I assisted Doctor Lee.” Well, that’s a half lie considering the reason Jungsoo comes here is because he sees Eunhyuk stomping his way towards the room. But he figures that’s out of the story for now. Eunhyuk doesn’t seem to react much to it though Jungsoo knows the younger could detect his half-truth statement.

 

On the other hand, Heechul doesn’t seem to be suspecting anything which brings relief to both the Orthopedics. “Well now, please leave. Both of you no longer have any business in here.” Jungsoo is ready to move at his orders but not Eunhyuk. Heechul is so close to fire back on him until his eyes set on the doctor’s hand.

 

His eyes widening again, watching Eunhyuk’s holding Donghae’s hand. Dread filling Heechul’s body, “W—Why are you holding his hand?”

 

“Lee Donghae is the one holding Doctor Lee first.”

 

Heechul stares in shock at Jungsoo and the words out of his mouth—to which latter hides his confusion inside, feeling odd over Heechul’s astonishing act. But Jungsoo gives away no emotion on his face when the question comes his way. “W—What?”

 

Jungsoo repeats, “It’s true. Lee Donghae holds onto Doctor Lee while in panic attack. He’s not letting go.”

 

Heechul’s face turns paler in seconds; on what reasons Jungsoo doesn’t know but his interest is pricked upon seeing such reaction. Meanwhile, Doctor Lee stares blankly at the Director with his neutral expression before it changes into a smirk, intentionally he pulls on Donghae’s hand. He grasps it tightly not to let go. Heechul’s panicking. “Y—Yah!”

 

The informality breaking through the ice barrier. Now that is some entertainment for Doctor Lee Eunhyuk. His smirk grows bigger. “I guess you owe me now, Director-nim.”

 

“What owe you bastard? Let go of his hand now!” Flustered Heechul barks out, close to pry the hands away but Eunhyuk hides it behind his back. It’s much easier with Donghae in side-lying position and the handgrip seems not loosening even while he’s sleeping. Eunhyuk is having so much fun watching the older man fuming in anger at him. “Am I not doing you a favor? Helping your kid?”

 

“What are you spluttering on, Doctor Lee.” Hisses Heechul angrily. Jungsoo stands by the side witnessing his friend back in the med-school fighting back an urge to land a punch on the prodigy Orthopedic. The red neck straining the anger down, both fists clenched tight, face and body’s muscles tense; a picture of a very infuriated Kim Heechul.

 

Jungsoo has to admit; whatever this is, he is very interested to dig upon from the dirt.

 

“Stop pretending, Kim Heechul-shii. You do know this Lee Donghae, personally.” Eunhyuk said. “That Cho Kyuhyun knows him and me too which I Goddamn do not understand how but it’s all connected to you. Since I’m helping one of your sugar babies—”

 

“That’s not what it is—”

 

“And I do not ing care at all obviously…..” Eunhyuk cuts off Heechul harshly, shutting the man up unwillingly. Victory’s lighting up his path as he inwardly smiles in glory. Finally you’re bending down to me. “Anyway, you better talk. Or else….” Releasing Donghae’s hand from his; rather roughly to the point the intern’s hand is now dangling down the bedside, Eunhyuk’s eyes turn darker as he looks directly into Heechul’s stern yet squirming orbs. A click of his dress shoe resonates inside the cubicle as he takes one step forward to the man; only then the three men realize the deafening tranquility surrounding them.

 

Which is exactly what Eunhyuk wishes for; bending Heechul down to his own will—his manipulation always works. “I’ll call the police.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Things that he has known so far about Cho Kyuhyun, Lee Sungmin and the Director Kim are;-

 

One; they’re somewhat involved in something shifty and illegal—against the law. (Stupid uneducated people.)

 

Two; Director Kim is hiding those two people away from the authorities or whoever are chasing them out there; that explains all the confidentiality he has put upon Cho Kyuhyun’s condition.

 

Three; Lee Donghae might or might not be involved but he is definitely has some sort of own history. The Director is involved in it as well.

 

Four—not sure would be the last; it’s still not making any sense how the ing hell he—Doctor Lee Eunhyuk who has never been involved in any illegal stuff throughout his entire life; burying his childhood in an offensive angst of a broken family and his adolescent in piles of medical textbooks, could be part of all the absurdity! It doesn’t fit the whole puzzles, not at all and he still can’t figure it out.

 

But that can wait. He shall find the answers to the last equation first. Now, he has to hear what the stupid Director Kim got to say about the stupid intern boy lying unconscious inside the ER.

 

“I do know Lee Donghae personally.” Kim Heechul started, to which Eunhyuk w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter