TWO.

Same But Not Quite Similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thank you for all the love given to this story~~ /throws hearts to everybody/. The comments are so nice and heartwarming I'm happyyyy.

It's my little baby story here huhuhu. ^^

I hope all of you enjoy this new update :D

 

 

 

As Jungsoo stops himself right in front of the door his eyes unconsciously gazed on the name engraved over the small placard by the wooden piece;

 

Doctor Lee Eunhyuk

Orthopedic Surgeon; MDA. PHD

Head of Orthopedic & Traumatology Department.

 

He attempts to knock on the door only to realize it’s left ajar. Confused, Jungsoo pushes them slightly open and enters the room. The sight inside shocks him into complete bafflement.

 

For right beside Doctor Lee’s desk is the said doctor himself seemingly with a man in his embrace, crying.

 

Jungsoo has to force himself to blink his eyes numerous times, trying to see if he’s only imagining things. That maybe for once all the overloaded works he has been burying himself into is driving him insane. But no matter how many times he opens and closes his eyes, the image in front of him isn’t changing. It is indeed Doctor Lee Eunhyuk with another man in his arms; a slight shorter male with white coat similar to them hugging his body close.

 

He is in disbelief and …… quite amazed too. But he couldn’t say anything finding voice hindered by the lump inside his throat. Doctor Lee on the other hand has taken notice of Doctor Park’s appearance inside his room and he sends him a signal through the eyes asking for help. Jungsoo is flabbergasted by the reaction.

 

When he has find his voice once again, he asks a tad bit louder with hesitation, “…….Am I interrupting something?”

 

 

 

 

 

Starting from the moment he’s hugging—without the man’s consent—Doctor Lee, the new intern Lee Donghae couldn’t stop crying. Eunhyuk doesn’t even know what could make the younger sad for him to weep out so heartbreakingly like that. Pity isn’t in his system but surely he can say he’s absolutely weirded out about the event. It’s so confusing for him to think about. As Lee Donghae keeps on sobbing in his arms, holding Doctor Lee impossibly tight, he passes out.

 

Eunhyuk is struck with absolute terror when the young intern falls limp in his arms, and thankfully Jungsoo is there to help him out. They end up calling for the nurses and Lee Donghae is then wheeled out to the ER room. Eunghyuk and Jungsoo wait for the nurse in charge today to come forward for an explanation.

 

“In case you are wondering, no; he’s not dead.” The staff nurse Kim Ryeowook nonchalantly explains, not even bothering looking up to both the doctors as his eyes are fixed to the patient’s details in his hands. He’s leafing through the papers, reading in a glance all the information given.

 

“Ryeowook-ah…” Jungsoo uses the staff nurse’s real name addressing him. No malice in his voice of course, they are friends after all. He only sounds tired—blame all the consultations he has to do for today. “We know he’s not dead. We just want to know what’s wrong with the kid.”

 

“I know.” Kim Ryeowook answers, closing the file with a loud ‘smack’ sound of thick papers hitting each other. He looks back to both the doctors. “He’s fine, nothing too serious. Just dehydration and extreme fatigue.”

 

Both Jungsoo and Eunhyuk look at him in perplexities. Eunhyuk is the one voicing out, “Are you sure? Because he doesn’t look like he’s tired.”

 

Ryeowook rolls his eyes at the older, and Eunhyuk is ready to hear his sass now. That’s the younger’s specialty after all—his sharp tongue that could cut bleed anyone’s mind and heart. Not that Ryeowook is evil nor rude, but he’s too savage for his own good. Such a contrary to his angel-like look.

 

Ryeowook taps on his feet to the side, the clicking of heels resonating in between them. He looks directly into Eunhyuk’s eyes, “What is this, hyung? Are you questioning my ability? I’m the best student back in med school and I got here on my own blood and sweats. I never make a mistake.”

 

“Aniya, that’s not what I meant.” Eunhyuk sighs out tiredly, rubbing a hand through his face. This sassy Ryeowook isn’t what he wants to face for today. “I’m just feeling something isn’t right with him.” Eunhyuk said, even though he doesn’t really care about that man but a passed out intern could make quite a big deal to them—moreover in such a big and famous hospital that’s well known to have such an efficient and preserved training program. Eunhyuk just doesn’t want to have any issue arising between them and the board. He couldn’t handle them anymore.

 

Ryeowook only stares down at him for seconds before croaking out next, “Don’t worry. Everything is fine. Just a couple more drips and he’ll be on his feet for you to lash on about. It’s your favorite job to do right? Lash on the new kids?”

 

“No, Wookie.” Jungsoo cuts him off, taking the male nurse’s attention to him. “That’s me. Not Eunhyuk.”

 

Ryeowook falls into silence for a minute, fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter