FOUR.

Same But Not Quite Similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello~ Nice meeting everyone again ^^ Here's to the new chapter I should update long ago but things happened. ^^ Thank you for all the love! Thank you so much!!! <3<3<3

 

One mystery solved here! ;)

 

“It’s just Plantar Fasciitis. Your fibrous tissue underneath the bottom of the foot is currently inflamed due to prolonged walking and standing you did. You did tell me you’re working as an idol’s manager, right?” Doctor Lee addresses his patient whom is referred to him with an intense heels pain for months now. The patient is a man in his 30s, mesomorphic body size and by just a glance anyone can predict he’s working as a bodyguard or something judging by his tough physique.

 

He subtly smiles at the doctor. “Yes I am. I’m working with the idol group; Red Velvet. They have been getting too busy with fan meetings and stuff. Do you perhaps know them, Doctor?”

 

Doctor Lee Eunhyuk gives out his rehearsed smile, looking very professional as he takes a few glances to his patient then back to his computer screen typing on a referral letter. He completes on the patient’s diagnosis, signs the letter along with few other documents. He faces the man afterwards handling a file to his secretary, “I’ve written a referral letter for your Physiotherapy sessions. Your condition isn’t that bad so there will be no need for any surgery. But you need to be careful and follow along your physiotherapy session to lessen the pain and improve your condition.” He smiles politely to the man before shaking his hand marking the end of their appointment.

 

Before the idol’s manager leaves his room, Eunhyuk has said to him. “And no, I don’t know them.” He smiles yet again but this time it looks less friendly than before. “I don’t have any interests in such entertainment.”

 

 

 

 

He has to be extremely patience; he knows that. There’s absolutely no benefits for him to be mad nor lashing out at the man whom has been giving him nothing but only problems for the past 3 days. Thus that explains the amount of hatred he pours into his murderous stare—in Jongwoon’s opinion it is indeed murderous, towards the poor surgeon standing in front of him.

 

The surgeon named Doctor Kim Jongwoon that Eunhyuk has to cover up his works for days now can only smile sheepishly to the younger doctor as if he didn’t do any wrong to the man. “Come on, Eunhyuk-ah. It’s over already. I’m back to work and I really do appreciate your help taking over my job.”

 

Doctor Lee still has his single-lidded eyes glaring dagger at the surgeon. Gritting his teeth slightly in anger. “I do no appreciate it though. Not even a bit.” He presses on those words trying to make the older see his own faults.

 

And of course Jongwoon sees it. He’s just acting nonchalant like always; it is part of his personality after all—and that is what always make Eunhyuk so annoyed with him.

 

Jongwoon pats on his shoulder, intentionally adding wrinkles to his white coat. He could see how such a friendly gesture annoyed the doctor. “My bad. I can’t help but to take care of my turtles. They are important to me.”

 

Eunhyuk refuses to understand that. Because he doesn’t have anyone important for him to care about; at least not a family member.

 

“Anyway back to business—I’ve heard about the ‘new gossip’.” Jongwoon makes the finger gesture for the claim as both of them are standing by the hospital’s rooftop, drinking coffee for their break. The surgeon smirking at him. “I heard some people aren’t that pleased with the treatment a patient is getting.”

 

“Indeed.” Eunhyuk bites back. “And apparently I’m one of them.”

 

“Not surprising. You’re never that satisfied with anything in your life.” Eunhyuk glares back at Jongwoon. He swears one of these days he’s going to stab the man with a tendon hammer. “So tell me about him. I’ve heard his name is … Cho? Cho what?”

 

“Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun.” Eunhyuk replies, sipping his black mocha coffee to get rid of the fatigue building up in his vessel. “And heads up hyung, his current history is completely a butchered up lies.”

 

“What makes you say that?”

 

“Well, first of all you need to know that his guardian aka housemate or roommate—whatever I don’t care.” Sassily Eunhyuk rolls his eyes up, putting down the steaming cup onto the brick wall. “Is a liar. He’s lying about the patient’s history.” That gets Jongwoon looking very interested.

 

Eunhyuk continues on, “He told Shindong hyung that Cho Kyuhyun was attacked by a robber stabbing him on the stomach while he was walking home from a grocery shopping. But weirdly enough, the guardian named Lee Sungmin had told me that his friend fell down the stairs at home. Something sharp by the door hit his stomach possibly the door hinge or anything hazardous.” Eunhyuk tilts his head after finishing saying those to face a much frowning Jongwoon, looking very confused by what he has said.

 

Jongwoon voices out next, “Why is he lying?”

 

Eunhyuk shrugs his shoulders. “I don’t know. But one thing for sure is that he’s hiding something.”

 

“Well judging by the story I’ve heard from the nurses about the patient’s injuries, it does smell fishy. I mean, those stabs and scratches; it’s very obvious what it is.” Jongwoon doesn’t wait for the Orthopedics to look back at him as he resumes. “They are wounds from a fight. A clear hint of struggles but not one-sided. He was fighting somebody and he fought back hard.”

 

“A feud with anyone, maybe?” Jongwoon shakes his head at Eunhyuk’s assumption.

 

“It’s more than just that. I’m thinking of a gang fight.”

 

“Like a criminal, huh?” Snickers Eunhyuk with Jongwoon portraying a quite tense look. His mind is all reeling with possibilities.

 

“But there’s no police monitoring him so I doubt that.”

 

“But the Director is protecting him so well, hyung. Why would he assign Shindong hyung and Ryeowookie as the only staff that can tend on that Cho Kyuhyun? Don’t you think that is so weird? What’s with the secrecy?” Eunhyuk’s voice rising up a notch though he controls it back not to lose his cool composure. He sighs out loud facing the magnificent view of Seoul city. Exhaling all the tension inside his body and mind. He doesn’t even know why he’s so worked up with this gossip but it just doesn’t feel right. Whatever that’s happening right now in the hospital, it’s like screaming for him to find out. That he needs to know.

 

That thought is very disturbing and intriguing in Eunhyuk’s opinion.

 

“Maybe we should stop talking about this. You know this isn’t worth stressing over, right?” He hears Jongwoon croaking out from beside him. A rough hand patting his back encouragingly, all skin tattered from the continuous usage of alcohol and sanitizer. The kind gesture eases some tension from the younger’s body. “I don’t even know why you’re so worked out about this though, Eunhyuk-ah.”

 

“Trust me, this is all Jungsoo hyung’s fault. He’s riling me up with his stupid enthusiasm to solve this ‘mystery’.” Jongwoon chuckles warmly to his words, somehow it sounds just like Doctor Lee putting on the blame to the social butterfly Doctor Park. It’s no secret between the walls of the hospital that Doctor Park Jungsoo is such a er for gossips. That’s why he’s so famous amongst the nurses and staff. Meanwhile, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter