TWENTYTHREE.

Same But Not Quite Similar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyuhyun is astounded. Out of all the places he had never expected to see Henry here, in a place where it’s convinced a safe house for both Sungmin and him. Yet he’s proven wrong, and not just he has to deal with Henry alone but Lee Hi as well—both are well known as the Black Jade most skilled goons with so many tricks up their sleeves.

 

This could only mean one thing; doom. They have been found and even the almighty Director Kim Heechul; a well-known man possessing so much power in his hands couldn’t stop the Black Jade from coming to get them.

 

“You look good.” Simply Henry said, smiling like nothing is wrong when everything is ing wrong! This is all a bad omen. The two’s appearance here is never a good news. Its chaos all molded into an unwanted catastrophe. Those little smug on Henry’s face speaks it all well. “I have to say it’s so hard to look for you. Damn! You guys are so good.”

 

Words couldn’t be spoken in all languages Kyuhyun knows. He could only stare, helplessly working on a plan inside his marvelous brain; anything to get out from their sight. But what for? This meeting is impossibly a coincidence. He’s just one floor below his room, in a deserted corridor of the VIP lounge floor which quite not many people would be walking through leisurely. It all leads down to one possibility, they know where he’s staying.

 

“Henry oppa, you’re scaring him.” Lee Hi finally opens her pretty mouth. Her voice deeper like a hollow in the ocean unlike years ago when she’s barely a kid recruited by the gang; back when Kyuhyun is far too involved with them thus the inevitable of knowing the members; including her. She’s growing up beautifully and that is scary, for he has heard so much of her capability. She’s never to be underestimated. The pair working together reflects on Black Jade’s message clearly to him. They are not joking, they really want them dead.

 

“H—How are you h—here?!”

 

Henry and Lee Hi chuckles at his stutters which Kyuhyun really doesn’t think anything is funny with it though. He’s less scared right now and it irritates him endlessly! To be scared of something you have no power to fight over…… Even after all these years he’s still scared of them—but he should be. They’re not just crazy. They’re madly ing lunatic killers. “Long story short I was injured. Hayi is here to take care of me. Like a good little sister she is.” The deliberate emphasizing didn’t go unnoticed. Kyuhyun knows they’re not related by blood at all; Henry is picked up from the streets long ago and Lee Hi’s had joined in after running away from her foster parents’ home.

 

This is all planned out; they have been watching them. Now they’re stepping in from the shadows.

 

Taking him by surprise, Henry steps forward to him. Kyuhyun takes two steps back. To watch the darkening smirk madly decorating the gang member’s face spooks Kyuhyun out of his wit. Henry speaks lowly to him while giving a menacing glare, “You are always so smart. Know exactly where to hide your wagging tail from us. Honestly, it’s a pain in the . We’re tired chasing your ing butts all these years.

 

Henry laughs, clearly enjoying the view of a cowering Cho Kyuhyun before he continues on smugly, “Anyway, while I was here getting treatment for my injury, I’ve met this one doctor that pricks my interest. You know, he looks exactly like someone I know years ago.”

 

Eyes bulging wide open, Kyuhyun gasps horridly. Please, no…..

 

Henry chuckles darkly yet again—Kyuhyun wishes he would stop because he hates the sound of it, while Lee Hi on the other hand just stay rooted on her spot, throwing a look he could never wanted to decipher. She looks scary despite the baby-faced look. “What is his name, Hayi-ah? The doctor that looks like our beloved Hyukjae?”

 

“Henry you —!” Kyuhyun growls dangerously, anger boiling up replacing the fright terrorizing his whole system. It doesn’t installed any fears in them though, for Henry is still laughing cynically.

 

“But it’s true. He even treats my injury. Such a familiar face. Oh, what’s his name again? Fancy name silver something hmm…..ah yes!” He smirks sickeningly, eyes glinting inauspiciously to a red-beef Kyuhyun. “Doctor Lee Eunhyuk, a cool guy too.”

 

The red is gone, turning pale unlike his normal complexion. Kyuhyun is ashen at the name. Not only have they known he has a same face like Hyukjae, they even know his name.

 

‘Please don’t let them know about Donghae too…..’ He’s had pray for this since day 1, hoping at least his best friend’s safety isn’t yet jeopardized. ‘Please!’

 

“I know what you’re thinking.” Henry beckons, still smugly smirking to him. Looking down as if Kyuhyun’s life worth a dirt by his shoe. The authority and over-confidence these bastards have in themselves controlling their preys; how he wishes he could just wipe the smug out of Henry’s face. “You think I don’t know he is here? So bold of you.” On que, Lee Hi shows her phone to Kyuhyun and there it is; a picture of Donghae in his white coat, sitting by the cafeteria with notes in his hands and a large cup of coffee by his side on the table. His attention is fully placed on the papers that it’s impossible for him to notice anyone’s capturing his photo in secret.

 

It’s over. Game over. All their efforts to protect him from the gang is washed down the drain meaninglessly. Dejected feelings invaded Kyuhyun’s weak body. ‘This is not happening….’

 

“Kim Heechul is so stupid. Thinking he could keep his brother here, all noble wearing a white coat saving people lives behind the door? The irony in that situation.” Lee Hi sniggers to herself, closely inspecting her phone for God knows what. She’s eyeing the screen like a lioness preying on its victim. It terrifies Kyuhyun beyond words on what’s passing through her mind—their minds, at this very moment.

 

“Stop! Leave them alone or you’ll regret it.” Kyuhyun threatens. “I won’t let boss hurt them!”

 

“That depends you know, considering the only thing boss wants is them dead.”

 

Kyuhyun is so close to strangle Henry, launching himself at him the moment the words come out from his mouth. He will kill him, he doesn’t care anymore. Be damned with everything! He can’t let them get to Donghae and Eunhyuk. However, the hit never comes. As someone is holding him back from punching the daylight out of Henry, a man shouting back violently. “Kyu no!”

 

It’s Sungmin and Kyuhyun doesn’t even want to entertain his frantic thoughts on how the former could find him here. Now, facing the gang members as well. the timing. Everything is falling out of place one by one today much to his dismay.

 

In contrary to their alarming reaction, Henry’s is beaming at the sight of the newcomer. If people don’t know him, they could be lied with his bubbly innocent façade. “Sungmin! You’re here! Finally our ace making his grand entrance.”

 

Sungmin’s jaw hardens, with arms not letting go of Kyuhyun. Trapping the other in his tight grip by the waist. “Henry.” He acknowledges, not saying more afraid his voice might betray himself. Henry however looks pleased. “Well, isn’t it great to see you here?~ Just like the old time; Kyuhyun and Sungmin. The forever inseparable duo of mischief!” The smile is gone instantly as he continues, “You did well covering your tracks the other day. We can’t even find this stupid head’s trails of blood. All those fights is meaningless without a proof to give the boss. You know that too, right Sungminnie?”

 

“What do you want, Henry?” Bravely speaking is Sungmin, eyes glaring dagger to the two with all hatred he could muster up. “Leave us alone! What more could you need from us?!”

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” Lee Hi breaks the tension, crossing her arms together while mockingly looking at the pair. “We want you dead—every single one of you.”

 

“It’s nothing personal though. You know how we work; well of course you know. We were once a happy family after all!” Henry guffaws alone. His laughter vibrating through the walls, echoing within their spines as well. Shaking the wills of bravery away and indulging the dominating anger inside. “You may have forgotten, but Black Jade does not let any jobs left unfinished.” Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin know what that means—killing them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I—I messed up….” Gasped Kyuhyun desperately to Donghae and Hyukjae. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter