The day of the trip

When a nerd turns into a beauty

#the day of the trip, School’s field, about 6...

Hee Min’s POV

“Take care, Hee Min...” oppa said as I was getting off from the car. “Dae, oppa, you too, take care of aunties and uncles while I’m gone okay, only you who I can depend on while I’m going on a trip, so, in a short sentence, I’m putting a big responsibilities on you,” I told him and he just nodded. I then got off from the car; he gave last wave then left. I dragged my backpack and one small size suitcase to the school’s field, the teacher asked us to eventually meet up on the field.

Strange. No one is here yet, on the school’s field. Am I too early? Even Kibum oppa is not here yet. Wait...am I late? I took out my phone and texted the oppas, it doesn’t feel right to be on the school’s field, alone, at 6ish. I decided to sit just about the bench front of my eyes while waiting for a reply from each of the oppas. It’s really cold here; brrr....the teacher is also not here yet. “Am I being fooled?” I mumbled to myself.

“Hee Min!” a voice called out. I switched my eyes from my phone to the person who called out for me. Fuh...its Taemin oppa. He was carrying a small suitcase like mine but different brand and decoration, he run to my side and I went blur. “Em...dae?” I finally blurted out. “Aigoo...I told my driver to drive fast because I was worried about you, being alone this early morning, and you are not even wearing an extra jacket,” he blurted out then took off his jacket and put it over my shoulder. “What if you got sick because of the cold weather?” he continued then pout.

“Mianhae for worrying you...and thanks for lending me your jacket,” I motioned myself to move aside to allow him to sit. “Why are you so early anyway?” he asked. “I’m not that so early you know, in the paper, it says, around 6, you must arrive here, we are leaving at 7.30...” I pointed out. “And you are here....at?” he asked again. “About 6.10ish,” I answered him. “And, it’s 6.23 when I arrived...” he trailed off.

Taemin’s POV

“Hee Min, where do you think the others are now?” I asked Hee Min. “Em...still in their house?” she doubted. I giggled by her answer. “Am I wrong?” she asked. “You probably are right,” I smiled. “Shin Hee Min! Lee Taemin!” A voice called out revealing panting Min Ho hyung front of us. “Didn’t realise you...” I blurted out. “That’s because you were giggling and Hee Min seems to be puzzled that you two didn’t realise me at all,” he pointed out. “Shin Hee Min, you shouldn’t make someone worry about you,” hyung collapsed on the bench, sitting between me and Hee Min.

“Mianhae...” she pouted. “You are forgiven, now, would you two care if I ask you why were you puzzled and giggling?” hyung blurted out. “I was asking Hee Min about where you guys are right now, she said in their house, and I don’t really know why I giggled...” I trailed off. “Anyhow, where are the others?” Min Ho hyung decided to just ignore me.

Min Ho’s POV

After Hee Min, Taemin got here, then myself, then Kibum hyung and Dong Ho, then Key hyung and lastly, Jay hyung. He clearly is very sleepy.

#skipping to when it’s time to go...

Jay’s POV

“Okay! Find your partner!” the teacher called out after giving us small tiny pieces of papers that got numbers on it. “What are we suppose to do with this paper?” I asked Key. “Find someone who got the same number as yours of course,” he simply answered. This is the chance then, gotta know what Hee Min’s number is. I went beside Hee Min and have a peek of her number. GASP. That’s my number! Er...to change or not? I mean, I really want them to be together. Jay think straight, just give the number to Key and take his number. Sigh.

“Key!” I called out as I went searching for him in the crowd which is in a state of panic searching for their partners. “Hyung!” a voice called out, a hand reached for my shoulder and I turned to find him behind me. “Why did you call out for me?” he asked. “Let’s change our number,” I blurted out. “Why...” he asked. I have no time explaining so I just grabbed the paper on his hand and left mine on his other opened hand. “Good luck and don’t spoil the chance I’m giving you!” I called out running away after changing the numbers.

Key’s POV

“What does he mean by the chance?” I mumbled. “Oppa,” a voice called out behind me and I turned to the owner of the voice. “Ah, Hee Min, waeyo?” I asked her. “What’s your number?” she asked with a smile. I lifted my hand to see the number that hyung gave me and its 10, I then showed it to Hee Min. Her smile grew wider when I showed her my number then she showed hers. “Guess we are sitting together,” she cheered. So this is the chance that hyung talked about. A smile grew on my lips knowing that Hee Min is going to sit next to me. “Let’s get into the bus then,” I cheered as I pulled her hand to get into the bus.