5: I Love You Still

Love, 18 Again

"Law team trying to attack.. Ow! The medical team's defense is unbreakable!"


Jongin run near the medical team's ring. He make a sign to the tall guy, Chanyeol, to pass the ball to him.


"Park Chanyeol!"


Baekhyun also run quickly so he could catch the ball and pass it to Jongin. But the medical team also quickly run blocking his view as they're slightly taller than him.


"Aish! Run to the other side Byun Baekhyun!" Yoo-jin said frustratedly. So-yul take a look at her weirdly.

"I think you should be their coach, Yoon Yoo-jin." So-yul said as she eat her pepero. She turns her attention to the field again.

"Aigoo. I actually very curious why are you worrying a lot about him playing basketball. He's a man, after all. Man will always try to challenge themself and this is a damn basketball! Every man must've play it during their school day!"


Yoo-jin just quiet as her eyes only focus to Baekhyun, who's struggling to secure his position.


Chanyeol run from the corner with the ball. Then, he turns his eyes to the nearest team mates and he lock his target.



"BYUN BAEKHYUN!"



Baekhyun turns his head. A ball is heading straight to him. He's sandwiched by 2 tall men from medical team. His position is not good.



"What ring? Are you going to propose me?"



Baekhyun suddenly can hear that voice. As if time suddenly froze. Everyone around him froze. The ball stopped right in front of him. 

 

"Why should i hold on into a relationship where i'm the only one who's trying here?"


"I learned basketball because of my client in the future. I practice every night before i'm going home. Yoo-jin doesn't know about this because i try to overcome my fear and show her that i'm a good man for her."




Baekhyun staring at around him. Then, he found Yoo-jin. His eyes meet with her eyes.



"But then.. I realize. If i can overcome my fear to a ball.. Why can't i overcome my fear for hurting her feelings? Why i remained silent and not saying anything? Why i keep restrain my self for saying sorry to her?" 

 


The memories of Yoo-jin trying her wedding dress come into his mind. A wide smile that shows how much she wait for this moment to come, her effort to diet and make sure that dress will fit on her, and her wish that he will at least, stay in front of the fitting room and smile widely seeing how beautiful she is in her wedding dress.



"If i could changed my self to overcome all my fears.. I could changed my self to become a good man for her."



Baekhyun turns his head to the ball in front of him again. This time, with a serious look. 


"If i could changed my self to be a better man, can we go back to the present?"



Everything going back to normal and Baekhyun quickly catch the ball and run with it. Everyone cheered for him excitedly.


"He catch the ball. He catch the ball!" Yoo-jin said excitedly. Everyone feels very nervous as the clock shows it's going to over in 75 seconds.


"But.. When i changed to a better man.." 

 

Baekhyun finally reach the ring. He quickly throw the ball.



"For who.. I actually changed? For me? Or our relationship?"



"AAAAAND LAW TEAM WINS! PERFECTO! A VERY GOOD DUNK FROM NO. 5, BYUN BAEKHYUN!" The commentator said as the ball entering the ring perfectly. The loud cheers soon can be heard all over the hall. Yoo-jin and So-yul jump happily with the other as they sing together. The Law Team win against the Medical Team.


Baekhyun, Jongin, and the others run to the middle as they hug each other. Everyone looks very happy. It's the first victory for Law Faculty in this sport day and they're the one that bring the victory.


Baekhyun turns his eyes to the crowded and soon, his eyes meet with Yoo-jin's eyes. Yoo-jin smiles. She gives him two thumbs up.


And again, the memories of Yoo-jin smile widely as she try her dream wedding dress come into his mind. Baekhyun suddenly quiet. 



"Did sky punished me? For hurting her a lot?"



"YOU DID IT MAN! YOU'RE NOT AFRAID OF THE BALL!" Jongin said happily as he hug Baekhyun. Baekhyun laughs. Soon, all the team gathered around him and they give a salute to the crowd.

 


Yoo-jin smiles happily. She can't help but feel very proud towards Baekhyun. The moment Baekhyun catch the ball and throw it to the ring keep replaying on her head.


"Yah.. Gizibe." So-yul said as she linked her arms to Yoo-jin. She's staring at her with a suspicious looks.



"Admit it. You like Byun Baekhyun, right?"



Yoo-jin just quiet. Then, she smiles.



"Probably?"



So-yul's eyes widen in shocked. She take a look at Yoo-jin as she holds her shoulders.


"Yah! Gizibe!"


Yoo-jin take a look at her. "Why? Is it wrong? I like all my friends." Yoo-jin said as she walking out from the hall. So-yul sighs.


"Aish. How to explain this.. It's.. A feeling between a girl to a boy. Not a friend to a friend. Not how i like you as my friend.. But you, as a girl, to Baekhyun, as a-


"What are you talking about? I told you i like him as a friend." Yoo-jin said with a mysterious smile. So-yul frowned.


"Look at that smile! It's not like that!"


Yoo-jin just smile. She linked her arms to So-yul's. 

 

"It's more than a girl to a boy.. It's a deep feeling."


"If you want to admit it, i swear i'll help you until you get him!" So-yul said as she keep thinking that it's not an usual feelings.


"You know who i am, right?" So-yul said as she points to herself. "I'm that campus couple fairy. I make people fall in love in just 3 steps!"


Yoo-jin laughs. She take a look at So-yul.


"Yah. You're that two month's girlfriend. How on earth you know a thing about love?"


So-yul gasped in disbelief. "You know? You talked like an old woman."


Yoo-jin smile widely. She take a look at So-yul.


"I am. I'm an old woman."


So-yul rolled her eyes. Thinking it's just a joke. "Yeah. Whatever. You like Byun Baekhyun."


Yoo-jin just laughs. Just then, her eyes caught something. 

 

 

The next morning

"Wake up, champions!" Taeyong said as he taps both Baekhyun and Jongin's shoulder. Both of them looks very sleepy and tired.

"Both of you must be drunk. Last night after party must be very wild since Siwon sunbae decided to rent the whole meat restaurant." Taeyong said as he put his belongings on top of the table. Jongin nods lazily.

"Yeah. And my head hurts so much now. I really need some hangover soup." Jongin said as he rub his temple, feeling the pain that non-stop bothering him.

"Argh.. It hurts like hell." Baekhyun groans with his eyes closed as his head feels really hurt.


"When you get older, hangover hits you really hard."


"What?" Taeyong said as he laughs. "You talked like an old ahjussi."

Baekhyun suddenly quiet. He quickly scold himself for almost spitting something that they won't even understand.

"Ah, right!" Taeyong said as he just remember something. He take a look at Baekhyun and Jongin.


"So-yul told me that Yoon Yoo-jin is going to be our faculty's representative for swimming. Let's watch her after this!"


And with that, Baekhyun suddenly gets up from his position. He take a look at Taeyong in surprised.


"SWIMMING?!"



Yoo-jin take a deep breath as she takes out her swimming goggles. A smile formed on her face as she's staring at it.


"If you want to try something new for yourself, why can't i?" Yoo-jin said as she's wiping the dust on her swimming goggles.


"Let's use this opportunity to try many things you want, Yoon Yoo-jin."



Baekhyun, Taeyong, and Jongin takes the empty seats at the front. Baekhyun looking at around him, trying to find Yoo-jin. Jongin take a look at him suspiciously.

"This is strange. Yoon Yoo-jin knows you had that phobia of ball. And know you look so shocked when you know she's going to be our swimmer." Jongin said as he lean closer to Baekhyun.


"Is she your ex-girlfriend that i didn't know?"


Baekhyun cough right in front of Jongin's face. Jongin let out a sighs in disbelief while Taeyong just laughs.


"That's what you deserve." Taeyong said as he give Jongin his handkerchief. Jongin take it angrily as he wipes his face.


"This guy. You're so amazing, Byun Baekhyun." Jongin said as he take a look at Baekhyun.


"I'll find out the truth! You better get ready!" Jongin said as he poke Baekhyun's cheeks. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.


"Yeah. Whatever." Baekhyun said lazily. He turns his attention to the swimming pool.


Without they know, someone quietly lowering his head.


And Baekhyun notice that.
 


Soon, the crowd start to cheer loudly as the athletes entering the pool and take their position. Yoo-jin take her position at the 3rd lane.


"YOO-JIN! YOON YOO-JIN! WE LOVE YOU!" So-yul shouted loudly as she hold the huge banner. All her friends from their department also cheer for her loudly.


"YOON YOO-JIN! YOON YOO-JIN!"



"Oh?" Jongin said as he take a look at the right side. He points his finger.


"That's Eun So-yul! Let's join them!" Jongin said as he takes his bag. Baekhyun take a look at him.


"I'll just stay here-


"Let's go." Taeyong said happily as he gets up from his position. Baekhyun take a look at him. 


"Wow. He is actually making a move?!"


"ALRIGHT. SURE." Baekhyun said as he gets up from his seat and quickly make a bee line towards So-yul and the other friends. Taeyong chuckled. He walk following Baekhyun alongside with Jongin.


"Oh?! Guys!" So-yul waves her hand as she find Baekhyun, Taeyong, and Jongin walk to her direction. Just then, Baekhyun grab the banner.


"This better finish quickly." Baekhyun said nonchalantly. So-yul chuckled. She turns her head to the other friend.


"Give me the flag!"


"I want the flag too!" Taeyong said. Baekhyun turns his eyes to him again.


"Sure." So-yul said happily. Not long after that, she gives him the flag. Taeyong smiles as he move the flag. Baekhyun chuckled in disbelief. 


"So that's how you play, Lee Taeyong. Tsk!" 

 


Yoo-jin turns her eyes to the crowd, looking out for her friends. Just then, a wide smile formed on her face.


As she sees Baekhyun hold the huge banner.


LAW TEAM! BRING BACK THE GLORY!


"Look at him holding it lazily." Yoo-jin said as she smiles staring at Baekhyun.


"I'll win." Yoo-jin said as her eyes keep on Baekhyun. Not long after that, their eyes meet.


And a smile formed on his face. As if he's comforting and cheering her.


Only with that simple smile, Yoo-jin can gain her strength. She slowly nods towards him.


"For you."


"READY." The referee said as he hold the whistle. Everyone stand by at their position while wearing their swimming goggles.


Yoo-jin bit her lips. She take a deep breath.


"SET."

"What ring? Are you going to propose me?"

"Yes. So win this case, okay?" 


Yoo-jin smiles. She take a deep breath.



The sound of whistle can be heard through the hall. All of the athletes quickly jump to the water. All the crowds start to cheer for their representative.


"YOO-JIN!! YOO-JIN!!" So-yul cheer loudly as she move the flag on her hands. Everyone also do the same. Baekhyun hold the banner tightly.

"You can do it. You're a swimmer. Can you hear me? You're a good swimmer like Yoo-jung hyung."



"LITERATURE ON LANE 1. MUSIC ON LANE 2.. OOOH LOOK AT THAT! LAW AND ENGINEERING! WHO'LL BE THE WINNER?!"


"Oh? Oh? COME ON YOO-JIN!" So-yul shouted excitedly as Yoo-jin and the athlete from Engineering fight for the 1st place. Each faculty cheering their representative loudly.


"COME ON!" Jongin shouted loudly as he joined the other crowd. He even take the bass drum with him. The sound of bass drum resonate the hall.


"Come on. Come on." Baekhyun said slowly. His eyes focused on Yoo-jin that almost reach the finish spot. 

 


"Come on, Yoo-jin! Just a little bit more!"



"AAAND THE LAW TEAM WINS! 47.57 SECONDS!" The commentator shouted loudly. So-yul and the others jump happily as Yoo-jin win the race.


"YOON YOO-JIN! YOON YOO-JIN! YOON YOO-JIN!"


Yoo-jin take off her swimming goggles. She smiles widely as she sees the result. She turns her head to the crowd that cheering her. And something catch her eyes.


Baekhyun quietly put a thumbs up as his other hand needs to hold the banner.


Yoo-jin laughs. She also give him a thumbs up.



"YOO-JIN AH!" So-yul said as she run towards Yoo-jin, who wears the gold medal. She quickly hug her tight. Taeyong, Baekhyun, and Jongin staring at them.


"I thought you were crazy yesterday the moment you suddenly told me you want to swim. But you're actually a good swimmer!"


Everyone laughs hearing So-yul's words. Yoo-jin also laughs. She take a look at the boys.


"Thank you! And Jongin, you're so cool with that bass drum." Yoo-jin said playfully. Jongin smirks as he nods.
 


"I'm a cool guy. I know it. Don't fall for me."



And with that, a pinch come into Jongin's back as he screaming in pain.


"AAAAAAH THAT'S HURT BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Jongin said as he glares at Baekhyun, who pretend to be innocent as he shrugged.


"What? What do i do?"


"Come on! Let's take a picture!" Taeyong said as he take out his phone. Everyone take their spot so they could have a good angle. Baekhyun standing behind Jongin and Taeyong. Then, someone taps his shoulder.


"Oh?-


Baekhyun suddenly quiet as Yoo-jin put the medal on him. He take a look at her.


"Congratulation for overcome your fear." Yoo-jin said as she turns her eyes and soon, her eyes meet with Baekhyun's eyes. The distance between them is very close.


"Congratulation! You're a prosecutor now! Should i call you, Prosecutor Byun?"


Baekhyun blinked his eyes. Then, he clear his throat.



"Y.. Y.. You too. Congrats for showing off your skill." Baekhyun said stuttering as he quickly turns his head. His cheeks looks a bit red. Yoo-jin smiles.


"Okay. I'm using the timer." Taeyong said as he running back to his position. Everyone get ready on their position.



"3.. 2.."



Baekhyun suddenly hold Yoo-jin closer towards him as he hold her shoulder. Without even looking and say anything. Yoo-jin widen her eyes in surprised. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"1! Say kimchi!"



"I love you still." 

 

 

 

 

A BONUS UPDATEE! Happy saturday everyone <3