3: Group Mates

Love, 18 Again

Bounce to you bounce to you nae gaseumeun neol~ Hyanghae jabhil sudo eobseul mankeum ddwigo itneungeol~


"Aigoo.. Who's that super good looking man?" Yoo-jin's mother said as she points her finger to the television, where Super Junior danced to their newest song, Bonamana. Yoo-gyeom take a look at the television. 

 

"Ah~ That guy who looks like me? His name is Donghae." Yoo-gyeom said as he scoop his rice. Just then, someone smack his head.


"On your dream! You better think about your grades this time!" Yoo-jung said as he take a seat beside him. Yoo-gyeom pouted as he rub his head.


"Aish! You didn't need to hit me that hard!"


"You need to!" Their father said as he coming out from the bathroom, hitting Yoo-gyeom's head again. Then, he take a seat beside Yoo-jung. Yoo-gyeom groans in pain.


"AISH! I'M ENOUGH WITH THIS FAMILY!"


"Yeah.. Yeah. It's good. I didn't need to cook that much." Their mother said as she put the kimchi jiggae on top of the table. Just then, she turns her head.


"YOO-JIN! ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE A BREAKFAST OR-


"Aish! No need to yell at me like that in the morning!"


Everyone's eyes widen in shock as they see Yoo-jin walking down the stairs, joining them having a breakfast as she take a seat beside Yoo-gyeom. She quickly take her spoon and chopstick.


"Yah! I want milk too!" Yoo-jin said as she points to a box of milk in front of Yoo-gyeom. Yoo-gyeom looking at her in disbelief.


"What's this? Is Seoul going to snow in the middle of July?" Yoo-gyeom said as he give his glass of milk instead the box. Yoo-jin shrugged as she drink the milk.


"Why? I always wake up at this hour." 

 

"No. You are not." Everyone said in union while staring at her weirdly. Yoo-jin suddenly quiet as she can feel her family's confused reaction.


And just then, she realize. 

 

"Right. The 28 years old Yoo-jin wakes up at 6 AM because she needs to wake Baekhyun in the morning and preparing for breakfast. The 18 years old Yoo-jin wakes up.."


Yoo-jin take a glance at the clock that hanging above the television, right in front of her.


"8.30 AM." 

 

Yoo-jin laughs awkwardly as she remember now. She quickly scoop some kimchi jiggae into her bowl.


"Haha. Haha. I must be waking up too early today because i can't wait to meet my friends in college. HAHAHAHAHAHA." Yoo-jin laughs awkwardly, trying hard to break the silence in her dining room with the backsound of Miss A's Bad Girl Good Girl from her television. 

 

U don’t know me~ U don’t know me~
U don’t know me~ U don’t know me~
So shut up boy~ So shut up boy~
So shut up boy~ So shut up shut up~ 

 

Hee-kyung and Sungyeon quietly eat their breakfast as the television show Miss A's debut stage with their hit song, Bad Girl Good Girl. Sungyeon turns her attention to the TV.


"That tall girl is really pretty. She has a beautiful eyes." Sungyeon said as she eat her toast. Hee-kyung turns her head.


"That girl's name is Suzy." Hee-kyung said as she turns her attention to her phone again while munching her scrambled egg.


"She's 4 years younger than you."


"WHAT?!" Sungyeon said as she take a look at Hee-kyung in surprised. Then, she turns her attention to the TV again.


"Whoa. She's even 2 years younger than Baekhyun." Sungyeon said as she's staring at Suzy. She thinks for a while.


"Should i try that kind of eye make up? I must look like Suzy.. Right?"


"You better finish your breakfast quickly so i could rest again while watching Dong Yi. Aigoo.. My poor girl Dong Yi. She needs to endure the pain of living in the palace." Their mother said as she take a seat in front of them, take a sip into her green tea. Just then, she realizes something.


"Where's Baekhyun? It's really unlike him to wake up late."


Baekhyun still sleeping peacefully while hugging his favorite bolster. He doesn't even realize that his phone's alarm ringing almost 10 times this morning.

His phone's alarm ringing again. Baekhyun frowns as his hands move to an empty space beside him.


"Yoo-jin.. Yoo-jin.. My phone.. What time is it.." 

 

But the phone keep ringing since no one other than him in his room. Baekhyun annoyed. He let out a sighs.


"Yoo-jin!"


Just then, Baekhyun opens his eyes as he realizes no one beside him. Baekhyun blink his eyes. He take a look at an empty space beside him and soon, reality hits him.


"Argh.. Right. I'm in 2010 now."


Baekhyun turn off his alarm. He take a look at the phone and not long after that, his eyes widen in shock.


"WHAT?!?!? 7.35 AM?!?!?!?!?" 


"The 18 years old Baekhyun wakes up early in the morning because father taught him that man should wake up early in the morning or someone will take their money. While 28 years old Baekhyun.."


Baekhyun quickly run to the bathroom with his clothes. He groans to himself.


"He wakes up late because he sleeps late at night and needs Yoo-jin to wake him up in 6.15 AM because he needs to be at office around 7 AM."

 

Yoo-jin takes her sweet time walking to her class as it feels very precious to her. She take a look at around her.


"When will i can feel this again?" It's such a rare moment." Yoo-jin said as she smile, looking at people around her who run here and there. Some coming late for their presentation, some running with their lab coat, and some walking slowly enjoying the time before they need to use their brain in the morning, just like Yoo-jin did. Yoo-jin can't help but smile. 

Baekhyun run like a crazy to his class. He stopped in middle of halfway as he feels tired. Baekhyun trying to get some fresh air.


"Crazy. It feels crazy to wake up late."


"Yeah. You must be late, right? Since no one turning off your alarm and wake you up at 6.15 AM." Yoo-jin shouted as she's standing not that far from Baekhyun. Baekhyun take a look at her.


"I must create a bad habit for you. I'm sorry for that." Yoo-jin said as she cross her hands. Baekhyun let out a sighs.


"You're waking up early just because you're actually 28 years old now. Remember, you're that infamous 10 minutes princess that always come to the class 10 minutes late." Baekhyun said mocking back at her. Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief.


"Omo? Looks like you're going back to your old self now. I guess it's not a bad idea for us coming back to 2010."


"Yeah. You must be happy you're single again and probably can dump me." Baekhyun said sulky as he walk passing her. Yoo-jin laughs as she following him.


"Yah. Give me your phone number." Yoo-jin said as she walks beside him. "I just realize i didn't have your number."


Baekhyun take a glance at her. "Huh? You're missing me that much?" He said teasingly but quietly taking out his phone from his jacket's pocket. Then, he give it to her.


"Save your number quickly. No one can see us together like this." 

Yoo-jin suddenly quiet. She doesn't expect that Baekhyun will go easy on her. Soon, a smile formed on her face.


"I need this so i could wake you up in the morning and inform you in case i decide to dump you here and change the future." Yoo-jin said as she save her number in Baekhyun's phone. Just then, she thinks for a while.


"Right. What should i named my contact here?"


"Just go with your usual name in my contact." Baekhyun said trying to look indifferent. Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows.


"Is it fine?"


Baekhyun turns his head. "Why?"


Yoo-jin take a look at him. "You named my contact as wife. Are you sure you want to save my contact with that name?"


Baekhyun surprised. He just remember it now that he saved her contact with wife. Baekhyun blinked his eyes, then, he clear his throat.


"S.. save it just like that so i could easily know it's you. What if i have another friend named Yoo-jin too?" Baekhyun said stuttering as he avoid her eyes. Soon, he mentally scold himself for stuttering his words in front of her.

Yoo-jin nods slowly. She quickly types wife as her contact in his phone and give the phone back to him.


"Here. I'll call you in 6.15 AM." Yoo-jin said as she take a look at him. Baekhyun quickly take his phone and put it on his pocket. There's an awkward silence between them after that.


"You even forget how you named my contact in your phone." Yoo-jin said slowly, loud enough for Baekhyun to her. She lowering her head.


Baekhyun clear his throat. Guilt creeping up on him.


"It's not like that. It's just i know your typing very well that i didn't need to see who's the sender. After all, we know each other for 9 years."


Baekhyun take a look at her. Yoo-jin just quietly staring at the ground that seems more interesting than her ex-fiancee in front of her.

"Aish! What's with the tension? Hurry! We need to come on time!" Baekhyun said as he walk from her. Yoo-jin turns her head in surprise. But then, a small smile come into her face.



"Then, why you changed a lot?"



Yoo-jin quietly staring at Baekhyun's back. She let out a sighs. After all, he's her long-term boyfriend. Forgetting him in just one day is same like you asked her to walk to America. It's impossible.

Just then, a hands come as it tap Yoo-jin's shoulder. Yoo-jin turns her head. And just then, her eyes widen.



"Yah gizibe! What are you looking at?!"



Yoo-jin's eyes widen as she's surprised to see younger version of So-yul. No eyebags, no dark circles under her eyes. She looks pretty and fresh with her girly outfit.


"SO-YUL?! YOU LOOKS SO YOUNG!" Yoo-jin said as she staring at her with her wide eyes. So-yul staring at her weirdly.


"What?! This is my usual style! But actually i dye my hair into dark brown." So-yul said proudly as she touch her curly hair. Yoo-jin looks very mesmerized by her friend.


"Whoa. You looks so pretty and young without any dark circles and eyebags."


So-yul chuckled in disbelief. "Tsk! You're talking like an old woman! Let's go! Mr. Jung probably kick us from his class if we come late again." So-yul said as she grab Yoo-jin's wrist and drag her to the class. Yoo-jin just laughs. She feels really happy to see the younger version of So-yul.


Baekhyun entering his class quietly. The class is already full of people as he's a bit late. He take a look at around him until someone finally taps his shoulder. Baekhyun turns his head. A guy, who's even barely open his eyes standing beside him with his brown denim jacket, black shirt, a jeans, and black Converse shoes. He's wearing his black beanie to cover his messy hair due to wake up late.


"What are you looking at, Mr. Byun? And how on earth you're coming late to class?" 

 

"Kim Jongin. My friend ever since in elementary school. Always ranked the last in class but somehow manage to entering a law school. I also surprised when i hear that he's attending the same class with me. But Jongin is being Jongin. He rarely come to class and when he did, all he do was sleeping. It's weird because 10 years later, he owns the biggest department store in Seoul. Weird." 

 

"Are you watching some again until late night?" Jongin said as he yawning and lazily take a seat at the empty seat right beside them. Baekhyun smack his head as he put his bag beside him.


"It's your job every night, moron." Baekhyun said as he takes out his books. Jongin just quietly lean his head into the table.


"Wake me up when the class is over."


Baekhyun chuckled. He opens his book when someone take a seat beside him. Baekhyun turns his head as that person put his belongings beside him.


"Why are you coming late Mr. Byun? It's very unlike you."

 

"Lee Taeyong. Another close friend of mine. Son of Baekil Law Firm.. Yeah, that currently no. 1 law firm in Seoul. He's smart, just like me. But he's also weird because he said he doesn't interested in his father's law firm. Yeah. Another weirdo."


"But what make him more weird is.. He actually likes Yoo-jin." 

 

Baekhyun laughs. "Why? I can't coming late like the others?"


Taeyong laughs. He take a look at Jongin who's already in a deep sleep. He shakes his head.


"He's actually thinking that every class is his own bedroom." Taeyong said as he opens the thick book in front of him. Baekhyun let out a sighs as he leans his back to the chair. 

 

"I probably forget how can this person likes Yoo-jin. But one thing for sure, as i trying to re-collect the memory when i was in college, he may like her because of this class." 

 

The door opened again as So-yul push the door. So-yul scanning the whole class as she's looking for an empty seat.


"There. Behind the 3 guys."


Yoo-jin turns her head. But soon, she realizes that it was Baekhyun. Yoo-jin cocked her head. 

 

"That 3 guys? Perhaps..?"


Just then, a wide smile appears on Yoo-jin's face as she can clearly see Taeyong's face. She turns her eyes again and she realizes it's Jongin. Yoo-jin laughs in disbelief.


"I can't believe i actually meet the younger version of my friends." 

"Okay. Let's sit there." Yoo-jin said as she walk first heading to the two empty seat behind the boys. So-yul quietly following behind her.


A sound of moving chair can be heard. Baekhyun turns his head.


And soon, his eyes meet with Yoo-jin's eyes. 

 

"What?!" Yoo-jin cursed Baekhyun through her eyes as his eyes meet with hers. She put her belongings on top of the table.


"Tsk. Nothing! Enjoy your college life!" Baekhyun said as he cursing with his eyes. Soon, he turns his attention to the front as the Professor finally comes. Yoo-jin staring at him in disbelief.


"Look at him. He really changed a lot."


Just then, Yoo-jin's phone vibrating. Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows as a message come into her phone. 

Baekhyunnie
Stop staring and cursing at me. 

 

Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief. She put her phone inside her bag angrily. So-yul take a look at her.


"Yah. What's wrong? Why are you angry all of a sudden?"


"Nothing." Yoo-jin said as her eyes staring at Baekhyun. "Just a spam message in the morning."


Baekhyun quietly smiles. He put his phone inside his bag as his attention turns to the front.


"Okay class. I'll make you work for assignment every week so you need to make a study group." Professor Kwon said as he lean his hands on top of the thick book. The students groans in different expressions. There are happy, sad, normal, and even doesn't pay any attention just how Jongin did now as he's busy creating a paper plane from Baekhyun's notebook. So-yul leans her back to the chair. She start to scanning the whole room.


"Who do you want? I guess that pretty guy group, Park Jihoon, Ong Seong-woo, and Lee Daehwi isn't that bad." So-yul said as she points her chin to the three boys who sits at the front seat. Yoo-jin take a look at them.


"But they already formed a group. Just look at that two girls suddenly come into their table."


So-yul nods. "You're right." She said as she take a look at around her again, but seems like no one is attracting her attention.


"Aigoo.. I actually had a high hope that some cute boys going to be my group mates." So-yul said as she pouted. Yoo-jin thinks for a while.


Just then, her eyes quietly glancing at Baekhyun. She blinks her eyes. 

 

"Yeah. He is a prosecutor after all. He is a good candidate. He even makes me win my first trial and help a lot of my cases. Yeah. He is the actually the smartest here."


"Yah." Yoo-jin said as she taps Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun, Taeyong, and even Jongin turns their head.


Yoo-jin smiles. A meaningful smile. Only Baekhyun that realize it.


"Let's become a group mates." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Happy monday! Enjoy the story! 💓