19: Twenty Eight Years Old's Love Story

Love, 18 Again

So-yul lowering her head, staring at the ground while hoping that the guy in front of her wouldn't say something stupid to his cousin. Jongin walking back and forth in front of So-yul, as if he's still trying to digest everything that happened earlier at the library. So-yul looks like being scolded by Jongin. Yoo-jin and Baekhyun watch the two from the other side while eating some snacks. The four of them are at the college park, their favorite spot.


"So.. You like my cousin. Minseok hyung. But how can you know and you find him?" Jongin said as he taps his chin. Then, he take a look at So-yul.
 


"And how can you know our hyung likes Caramel Macchiato and turkey sandwich? Did you stalk him?"
 


"I don't know!!!" So-yul said in a high tone but soon, lowering her head again. "Yoo-jin and i just guessing it and i don't know he actually likes both of it."


"You remember his favorite foods?" Baekhyun said as he whisper it to Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin nods.


"The only menu So-yul brought from a coffee shop." Yoo-jin said without even looking. Baekhyun nods.


"It's amazing how she actually marry him in the future." Baekhyun said as he laughs. Yoo-jin chuckled.
 


"It's more amazing they have loud people like So-yul and Jongin in their family."
 


Baekhyun laughs. He turns his head to Jongin and So-yul again, who's still bickering about what happened earlier at the library.



"You catch the bouquet on her wedding day, right?"



Yoo-jin suddenly quiet. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"How can you remember that?"


"Because you never catch any bouquet ever since that." Baekhyun said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Both of them staring at each other.
 


Yoo-jin turns her head. Then, she lowering her head.
 


"It's.. It's because i got my hopes up after i catch that bouquet. That's why i never catch any bouquet anymore."
 


Baekhyun just quiet. He's staring at Yoo-jin. 

 

Flashforward
January 25, 2020.

Baekhyun wakes with a groan as he can feel the pain on his shoulder. He move his shoulder slowly. Last night basketball's game was a bit over for him that it makes his shoulder hurt now.

"Aish.." Baekhyun groans slowly as he hold his shoulder, walking out from the bedroom. He turns his head.
 


But then, he's quietly standing in front of the door.



Yoo-jin put a bouquet of flower into a glass jar that already filled with water. A bouquet of pink peony that she catch 2 years ago from So-yul's wedding, still looks exactly the same like 2 years ago as she taking a good care of it.


Baekhyun knows it's from So-yul's wedding, since it's the only bouquet that she catch and she never try to do that again. Then, something catch Baekhyun's attention.


Yoo-jin put a sticky notes on the jar. Baekhyun can clearly read what written on there.
 


I catch this on So-yul's wedding. Yoon Yoo-jin, soon, it'll be you who throw the bouquet!
 


Yoo-jin staring at the sticky notes. But then, she shakes her head in embarassment. She takes the sticky notes and crump it.


"Why would i write something cringe like that?" Yoo-jin said as she takes another sticky note and wrote something again. Baekhyun still looking at her. 3 minutes later, she finished write it and she stick it into the jar.
 


Yoo-jin's flower
 


Yoo-jin smiles as she's staring at the sticky notes. She thinned her lips as she knows she's still waiting. Next month is going to mark 3 years since Baekhyun proposed her. She believes that he still need some time to finally ready for it.


But.. They even live together now. Which part of him still not ready for a marriage?


Yoo-jin let out an audible sighs. She doesn't realize that Baekhyun is staring at her all these time.
 


"Let's.. Let's get married."
 


Yoo-jin turns her head, surprised by what Baekhyun said earlier.
 


"What?-

"Let's get married." 

 

Flashforward end. Baekhyun turns his eyes. Yoo-jin laughs as she's watching Jongin and So-yul who keep bickering because So-yul said Minseok is more handsome than Jongin. Baekhyun quietly staring at her. He seems having a thought about something.



"Where are we going?" Yoo-jin said as she take a look at Baekhyun, who quietly driving. Baekhyun shrugged. Yoo-jin frowns.


"You know that you haven't said anything for almost 20 minutes." Yoo-jin said as she leans her back to the seat. Baekhyun chuckled.
 


"Aren't you already get used with this? We never talked that much on car."
 


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. Then, she chuckled.
 


"Ah.. Right. I'm the one who always interrogating you."
 


Baekhyun smiles. Then, he suddenly turn to the right and parked the car. Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows as she's looking at around her.


"Huh? Where are we? Why you suddenly parked the-


Yoo-jin suddenly quiet as she's looking at the store on her right side. Baekhyun turns his head.
 


"Bridal shop."



Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. She take a look at Baekhyun.
 


"For what?"
 


Baekhyun just smiles. He takes off his seatbelt as he take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Just follow me."



"Welcome." The staff said warmly as Baekhyun and Yoo-jin entering the shop. Baekhyun smiles politely to the staff.


"We want to try some dress."


Yoo-jin widen her eyes in shocked. Baekhyun just quietly smile at her. The staff nods understand. She take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Come follow me then, Miss. You can choose your own style."


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes, still confused. But Baekhyun push her and the staff quickly take her to look for some dress. Yoo-jin turns her head to Baekhyun, but Baekhyun already sit in front of the fitting room while taking a magazine.

 

"What's with him actually?!" 

 

 

Yoo-jin looks nervous as she's looking at herself in the mirror. An off-shoulder necklines dress that perfectly suit her. She looks really pretty in that dress. But the memories of last time fitting dress makes her lose her confidence. The staff knock the door softly.


"Are you done, Miss?"


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. "Ah.. Yes.."


Yoo-jin take a deep breath. Then, she open the door slowly. Soon, all the staffs turns their attention towards her as she looks very beauty in that dress.


"Omona.. I never saw anyone as pretty as you, Miss!" The staff said sincerely as she looks very mesmerized by Yoo-jin's beauty. Yoo-jin smile shyly. Then, she slowly turns her eyes to Baekhyun..


...and Baekhyun smiles widely at her.


Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows. Surprised by Baekhyun's respond. 

 

"Strange. It feels different. It feels different from last time." 

 

Baekhyun walks closer to her. He's looking at her from head to toe.
 


"You looks very pretty in this dress. Somehow, the vibes just feel different from the last time."
 


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"Feel.. Different?"



Baekhyun nods. Then, he smiles.



"I prefer this dress rather than the last time. You didn't need to diet or working out just to make it suit you well. You're pretty just the way you are."
 


Yoo-jin smile sheepishly. She take a look at Baekhyun.
 


"Maybe because this time, you're staying in front of the fitting dress and compliment me. That's why the vibe is different."
 


Baekhyun thinnes his lips. He take a look at Yoo-jin.


"I'm sorry."


"Again?" Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief. Baekhyun smiles.
 


"You know.. I feel so sorry for-
 


Without saying anything, Yoo-jin kiss Baekhyun's cheek. All the staffs there giggling happily looking at them.
 


Baekhyun froze in his position. Yoo-jin smiles widely.
 


"Stop saying sorry because you're with me now, and i'm fine."
 


Baekhyun smiles widely as he's showing his teeth. Then, he turns his head to the staff.
 


"Can you take a picture for us?"
 


"Okay.. Get ready!" The staff said as she's ready with Baekhyun's phone on her hands. Yoo-jin linked her hands on Baekhyun's arms. Baekhyun turns his head quietly.


"One.. Two.. Three!" 

Baekhyun kiss Yoo-jin's cheek. Yoo-jin surprised. She take a look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just smiles.
 


Baekhyun can't help but keep smiling widely as he's looking at the photo. Both of them walking hand in hand as Baekhyun walked Yoo-jin home. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"What? What's so funny?"


"Your expression! HAHAHAHA! You look's surprised!" Baekhyun said cheekily. Yoo-jin smack Baekhyun's shoulder.


"IT'S YOU WHO MAKE ME LIKE THAT!!"


"That's fine. You don't need to look pretty all the time." Baekhyun said as he take a look at her. Yoo-jin chuckled.


"What a sweet-tongued." Yoo-jin said nonchalantly. Baekhyun smiles.



"Only for you."



Yoo-jin laughs. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"Send that photo to me."

"Okay. But send some photos to me."

"Huh? What photos?"

"Your selcas. I want to change my lock screen."

"For what?"

"For scaring the mouse in my house."

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone, another new updates! I just realize this chapter feels...not that long? 😂 anyway, that's why Baekhyun finally ask her to marry him for real that time; because he saw how much she wait for it. And that's why they're doing that half-hearted wedding dress fitting in chapter 1.. aigoo😳 Enjoy the story! 💓