29: Is There Anyone Who Loves Me Better Than You?

Love, 18 Again

So-yul take a deep breath. She take a look at her friends.



"I'm going to quit from the restaurant."



"WHAAT?!" Yoo-jin, Jongin, and Baekhyun said in union, surprised by So-yul's sudden decision. Yoo-jin take a look at her.


"Gizibe! You said the owner is very good to you and Minseok also good to you! You make a good progress! Why suddenly quit the job?!"


Jongin nods. "Right! Are you going to give up on my hyung?!"


Baekhyun also nods. "Right! He even give his umbrella to you!"


So-yul suddenly quiet. The three person in front of her waiting for her answer, staring at her with their wide eyes. So-yul chuckled. She take a look at them.


"The more i think about it, the more i realize i'm not qualified to be with him." So-yul said. Then, she let out a sighs.
 


"Look at him. A medical student. Smart, handsome, kind. And look at people around him. That pretty girl, and another bunch of pretty medical school's student. When i think about it again, i do what everyone do for him, too. Giving him gift, food, and many more."
 


So-yul smiles bitterly. She let out a breath.
 


"The more i saw him, the more i realize it's probably impossible for him to be mine. I'm only dreaming."
 


Yoo-jin sighs. She hold So-yul's hands tightly.
 


"In between that bunch of pretty girl, is there any one of them who willingly to work with him so she could cheer on him?"
 


So-yul take a look at Yoo-jin.
 


"In between that bunch of pretty girl, is there any one of them who quietly taking care of him? All they did is trying to show off how much they could give for him!"
 


So-yul's eyes teary now. She lowering her head.
 


"In between that bunch of pretty girl, is there any one of them who loves him more than you love him?"
 


Yoo-jin take a look at So-yul. She let out a breath.
 


"Only you who sincerely loves him more than any girl."
 


So-yul's tears fall from her eyes. Yoo-jin sighs. She take her into her embrace. So-yul cry on Yoo-jin's shoulder.



"I don't know.. Yoo-jin. I really want to be positive all the time but i think i just can't. He's very kind. I can't mistake his kindness with some kind of feelings or otherwise i would get hurt so bad."



Jongin and Baekhyun looking at each other. Then, both of them just sighs. Yoo-jin just quiet. She pats So-yul's back. 

 

"But he really like you, So-yul. You're his wife in the future.."



Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. Then, she let out a sighs.



"..... I wish it'll stay the same."




"Do you think So-yul will really quit her job?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin nods.


"It seems like she's going to do that. I just wish that the future will still the same for her and Minseok oppa."


Baekhyun nods. He let out a breath.


"I hope so. Both of them are such a good couple."


Yoo-jin nods. She leans her head to the window. She take a look at the outside.


Just then, something catch her eyes. Yoo-jin straightened her position.


"It.. It can't be.."


"Why?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin shakes her head.


"No.. I.. I just saw someone familiar."


Yoo-jin bit her lips. She turns her eyes to the outside again. She's so confused and shocked now.


"How.. How can that traffic light is there again?" 

 

 

The owner blinked her eyes as she's staring at So-yul, who's quietly staring at the floor. The owner let out a sighs.


"Why, So-yul ssi? You're very diligent, cheerful, and always bring a positive vibes for all of us. I'm very sad right now." The owner said as she pouted. So-yul take a look at her. Then, she smiles.


"You're so kind to me, sajangnim. Everyone here also very kind to me. But my parents asked me to more focus on my study. They know their stupid daughter can't focus at many things altogether."


The owner sighs. Then, she gets up from her seat. So-yul turns her eyes. And soon, the owner hug her.


"I can't do anything, then. Aigoo~ I wish your parents knew how diligent their beautiful daughter when she works."


So-yul bit her lips as she's trying hard to hold her tears. She take a look at the owner.


"Aigoo sajangnim.. Why are you crying.."

"Because i'm so sad! You always bring a good vibes and we always happy whenever you're here!"


So-yul smiles. She hug the owner tight.


"I'm sad too.. Knowing that i need to let go of someone that bring so much happiness to me." 

 

Minseok entering the staff room to take his bags. Just then, a pink paper bag catch his attention. Minseok quietly takes the paper bag.


"What's this?" Minseok said as he takes out the things inside that and soon, he widen his eyes.


It's his jacket and his umbrella. Minseok blinked his eyes, confused. But then, he find an envelope slipped inside the jacket. Minseok takes the envelope and quickly read the letter inside that.


To: Minseok Sunbae

So.. Uhm.. Where should i start..



(Last night, when So-yul write the letter) So-yul ruffles her hair. She looks confused as she doesn't know what to say first.


"Aish! What should i say?!"


It's still summer the first time i saw you at the library. Like a fool, i suddenly asked your name. It was the most embarassing moment of my life!


Minseok chuckled. The memory of So-yul suddenly asked his name coming into his mind.



"What.. What's your name?"


For the first time in my life, my heart beating so fast. I never felt this way before. I never felt so excited about someone before and i never curious about someone. But for the first time, at that day..


So-yul blinked her eyes. She's staring at the letter that she write.



I think.. I fall in love at the first sight.



Minseok just quiet. He looks a bit surprised.


I'm thinking many ways to approach you. I choose carefully what kind of food do you like, which kind of coffee do you like. I even try all those sandwich restaurant in Gangnam and the one in front of our college just to make sure which restaurant has the best sandwich! And the answer is-


"The one in front of our college." Minseok said as he smiles.

"The one in front of our college taste the best." So-yul said as she write it. She chuckled.



the one in front of our college! I even become their customer now!



Minseok laughs. He continue to read the letter.


But then one day, i think you might get sick of me and these sandwich. So i stopped and think for another way. When i walk around near this restaurant, i suddenly saw you working here. I was surprised! And without even thinking twice, i know i should work there, too.

For the first time in my life, i work part time. I thought.. Even if i can't be with you.. At least i can cheer you on. I know how hard it was for you to have work part time in two different places while studying. Please, take a rest. Sometimes you need to refresh your mind, too. Stop keeping everything inside you. Everyone has their own limits, and so you are. You're worth, sunbae. You need to take care of yourself, too.


Minseok just quiet. He blinked his eyes.


Whenever i saw you, i keep thinking if this is a dream or not. If this is only my imagination or not. I keep asking myself if i really trying to be the best for you because i might be crazy for doing that. I'm not even qualified so how can i dare to dream about you?


So-yul take a slow steps as she walks out from the restaurant. Tears slowly fall from her eyes.


Sunbae, i'm not that pretty. I'm not smart. I was nothing compared by people around you. You deserve the best woman, and i know even if i try, i'm not that person. It's just my dream to be with you..


So-yul wipes her tears roughly. She let out a sighs.


"Come on, Eun So-yul! You promised yourself you won't cry so why are you crying?!"


The more i saw you, the more i realize it's probably impossible for you to be mine. Like, the chance is only 0,001%. Besides, you have that pretty girl who always there for you and can give you everything. Without me, you already get everything.


Minseok's eyes redden. He let out a sighs.


But still.. Even if the chance only 0,001%, even it's only my dream, and even it seems impossible.. I want to try it. I want to try to be the best for you. So eventhough i failed to do that, i won't regret it because i already trying my best.


Minseok's eyes widen in surprised. He blinked his eyes.


And i realize now that i failed. But i'm not regret it. I feel grateful. Thanks to you, i know how it feels to truly love someone with all your heart. Thanks to you, i learn a lot to care about people around me. Thanks to you, sunbae..


Minseok think of something. Then, he take a deep breath.


...my life become more colorful and bright. And i'm thankful for that.


Minseok running out from the restaurant. He take a look at around him as he frantically run looking for So-yul.
 


"Eun So-yul!! Eun So-yul!!"
 


Minseok run as fast as he can be. He doesn't know where to go. He just following his heart where he should go.


And sunbae.. Can you promise me something? I know it's sound so childish and selfish, but..


Minseok run with the letter on his hands. He finally reaching the end of the road, where the crossroads is. The light is still the red for the pedestrians.


Just then, Minseok's eyes widen as he found the person he's looking for, across the street. Minseok take a deep breath.



Can you promise me? To look for someone who loves you better than me? 

 

 

The light finally turns into green. Everyone quickly walk crossing the street. Minseok quickly run towards So-yul. He run as fast as he can.


So-yul reach the bus stop. She let out a sighs as she wipes her tears.



"You already try your best, So-yul. You already did that."

"EUN SO-YUL!!"
 


So-yul blinked her eyes. She thinks for a while.
 


"Am i going crazy now? How can i hear his voice?"

"EUN SO-YUL!"

 

"I must be crazy." So-yul said as she shakes her head. She rub her temple.


"At least i should look normal when i reach home eventhough i'm crazy inside."


"YAH!"


So-yul surprised as someone taps her shoulder. So-yul blinked her eyes. Then, she slowly turns her head.
 


And soon, her eyes widen in shocked.



"How.. Can.. You... Didn't.. Hear.. Me.. Huh?!" Minseok said as he's trying to catch a breath. So-yul looking at him in disbelief.



"H.. How.. How can you know i'm here-

"How can you suddenly quit from the restaurant without telling me?"



So-yul suddenly quiet. Minseok take a look at her.



"Eun So-yul..-

"I told you everything."



Minseok just quiet. So-yul take a look at him. Her eyes are teary.


"I already told you everything, sunbae. I also returning your things-

"Why are you giving up without knowing how i feel?" Minseok said as he take a look at So-yul. So-yul surprised.



"S.. Sunbae.."

"That pretty girl? She is my bestfriend. Han Chae-young. We're bestfriend ever since we're in high school and she's not my girlfriend. Can i clarify that?"



So-yul just quiet. She's looking at Minseok.



"Don't you realize why i give you my umbrella when i know it's going to raining soon? When i give you my jacket because the wind is so cold that day and you only wear your sweatshirt?"



Minseok take a look at So-yul. His face looks really serious now.



"I care about you, Eun So-yul. The first girl who can understand me and comforting me. The first girl who knows me very well and taking care of me without saying anything. The first girl that can make me smile when i'm around you and make me sad when i can't see you."



So-yul's tears slowly fall from her eyes. Minseok smiles.



"So tell me, how can i look for someone who loves me better than you?"



With that, So-yul cries so hard. Minseok walk closer to her and soon, he takes her into his embrace. So-yul just crying on his shoulder.


"What's this?! Is this just a dream?"


Minseok chuckled. He pats So-yul's head softly.


"No. This is the truth."


So-yul just crying. Minseok smiles. He hug So-yul tight. 

 


"WHAT?!" Yoo-jin said as she gets up from her position. She can't believe what she just heard from So-yul. Yoo-jin cover in disbelief.


"T.. Tell me again.. So.. Both of you... AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!" Yoo-jin shouts as she jump happily on her bed. Yoo-jin giggling like a crazy.
 


"EUN SO-YUL, YOU! AISH! YAH GIZIBE! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!"
 


"And that's how So-yul and Minseok oppa's love still going strong. Like a miracle. As if it's already their fate to be together, even when i'm going back in time, they'll still together."


Yoo-jin smiles happily. She's staring at the sky through the window in her room. She let out a breath.


"That's probably the reason i didn't catch any bouquet after i catch one on So-yul's wedding. Because somehow, i believe that their wedding and everything during that wedding was a miracle that brought by faith. That's why i never catch any bouquet again."


Yoo-jin staring at her engagement ring on her finger. Then, she smiles.


"Because i believe, i already get my miracle. And i just need to wait how faith will brought us."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone! What a long chapter 😅 anyway, eventhough i'm the one who write this, i always feel touched everytime i read So-yul's love letter 😂 like i want to write one for someone, too.. Enjoy the story!