25: You Can't Run From Me, Because I Can Find You

Love, 18 Again

"So-yul ah.." Yoo-jin said as she's looking at So-yul worriedly. So-yul just quiet as she leans her head to the table as they're at the class now. Her eyes puffy, her hair is such a mess, her nose is red, and there's a box of tissue that almost empty beside her. So-yul let out a sighs.

"This is truly an unrequited love.. Yoo-jin ah. That girl looks so perfect from head to toe. And mostly.. The way he hold her. That makes my heart break into pieces.." So-yul said as she blow her nose. Yoo-jin thinned her lips. She pats So-yul's shoulders.

"That's fine.. Just cry, just cry." Yoo-jin said as she gives her new tissues. So-yul tears falling again. She takes the tissue and wipe her tears.

"Aigoo~ Our college would drown in tears." Jongin said as he take a look at So-yul. So-yul just quiet. Then, she take a look at Jongin.


"Why don't you tell me he had a girlfriend?! Are you scared i would be hurted?! I rather hurted in the beginning rather than-


"Yah! Stop saying non sense! Minseok hyung never had any girlfriend ever since he was in high school. He's not that type of man who only think about woman! Mostly, when his family is in a condition like this." Jongin said as he cross his arms.



"No matter how pretty that girl, i highly doubt she's his girlfriend."



So-yul just quiet. She blinked her eyes as she's staring at Jongin.



"Really?"



Jongin gasped in disbelief. "Aish! 100% sure of that!"


So-yul straightened her position. Then, she leans closer to Jongin, trying to see if he's being honest or only joking like usual. Jongin surprised. He quickly move backwards. So-yul blinked her eyes.
 


"Are you sure about that?"
 


"YAH!" Jongin said as he push So-yul's head with his index finger. So-yul shut her eyes angrily. Then, she let out a sighs.
 


"You don't need to do that, you moron!"
 


Yoo-jin laughs as she's watching another episode of Jongin and So-yul bickering at each other. Yoo-jin shakes her head as she take out her book. Just then, her phone vibrating. Yoo-jin quickly answer the call.
 


"Oh, Baekhyun ah?"
 


Baekhyun sighs. He's driving his car to the college now but his face looks so confused and worried.


"Uh.. Yoo-jin."

"Hmm?" Yoo-jin said as she raised her eyebrows, waiting for Baekhyun talking again.
 


"Aish! This is so frustrating but that brat Lee Taeyong run from home this morning!"
 


"WHAT?!?!?" Yoo-jin said as she gets up from her seat. Jongin and So-yul take a look at her.


"Why?" So-yul said as she's looking at her weirdly. But Yoo-jin doesn't say anything as she's listening to Baekhyun seriously. Just then, she hung up the call.


"What? What's wrong?" Jongin said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin sighs. She take a look at him.
 


"Taeyong run from home."

"WHAAT?!?!?!??" 

 


The scent of salt automatically comes into sense as his shoes touch the sands. Taeyong turns his head. He take a look at the beach in front of him.


"If you don't want to do that, then what's the point of me working hard for you all these time?"


Taeyong just quiet. His father's words this morning still lingering on his head. This morning, he finally told his family he assigned for UNICEF's volunteering project in Congo. And when he said that he'll stay there for a year, his father throw his cup of coffee to the floor.


"I'm providing you a life everyone can't experience. And yet it's not enough for you?"


"It's not enough." Taeyong said as he's staring at the wave. He take a deep breath.


"I want to experience a life everyone experience, too." 

 

 

"So, where's he now?!" Jongin said as he still trying to call Taeyong, but he doesn't answer it. Jongin groans angrily as he take a look at his phone. Yoo-jin, Jongin, and So-yul already in Baekhyun's car now.


"Geez! He turn off his phone!"


"He told me he went to a place he always wanted to visit." Baekhyun said as he let out a sighs, still thinking where the hell Taeyong is now. Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. She's trying to using her adult memories now.


"So.. Where's Taeyong's favorite place? A place he always wanted to visit?"


"He never visited any place in Korea." Jongin said as he tap his chin, trying to think any possibilities. So-yul gasped in disbelief.


"Heol. Where the hell he actually all these time?"

"He's in Seoul, but never spent his holidays in here, though." Baekhyun said without even looking, he's also trying to use his adult memories too.


"His father always brought him to Europe.. Or America.. Or just Japan if he's busy." Jongin said as he remembering all the places Taeyong has visited. So-yul shakes her head in disbelief.


"Baekil Law Firm sures different."


"Yet he doesn't want to be the next successor of Baekil Law Firm." Jongin said as he sighs. "He must be sick living a life like that."


Yoo-jin thinned her lips. Then, she let out a sighs.


"He.. Applied for UNICEF's volunteer project in Congo. He must've tell his family about that matter."


"WHAT?!" Jongin and So-yul said in union, shocked to hear Yoo-jin's words. Jongin's jaw dropped. Baekhyun blinked his eyes as he seems like remember something now.


"WHAT THE?! AISH THAT GUY! Just how long it takes this time?!"

"One year." Baekhyun said out of a sudden. Yoo-jin, Jongin, and So-yul take a look at him. Jongin furrow his eyebrows.


"How can you know that?"


Baekhyun surprised. He actually remember it from his adult memories. Yoo-jin quietly sighs. She take a look at Jongin.


"Taeyong told me that and i told Baekhyun about it since i think he need to know about this."


Jongin gasped in disbelief. "Why don't you tell me about it, too?!"


"Because you'll spill everything, you moron!" Baekhyun said angrily. Jongin quickly shut his mouth as he pouted. So-yul looking at him in disbelief.


"Anyway, that must be the reason he run from house this morning. Because his father against it." So-yul said as she leans her back to the seat. Then, she take a look at the outside.


"Aigoo~ Living as Baekil Law Firm's heir actually not that good." 


Everyone just quiet as So-yul's words seems right. There's a long silence fill the car. Yoo-jin and Baekhyun still trying to remember Taeyong's favorite place.


"Baekhyun. Turn on the radio." Jongin said as he leans his head to the window. Baekhyun turn on the radio.


"Welcome back to Cultwo Show! Aigoo.. It's 2.15 PM now and still Summer. Doesn't it feels very hot these days?"


"Yeah.. It's so hot outside." Jongin said nonchalantly. Yoo-jin chuckcled hearing his lazy answer.


"On this sunny day like this, everyone must thinking about something veeery refreshing. Patbingsoo, ice cream, air conditioner, cold noodle.. And even beach. Aigoo~ It's a very good day to visit the beach."


Baekhyun and Yoo-jin suddenly remember something. As if their memories finally give them the answer. Both of them looking at each other.



"Right.."

"Yeah.."

 


"Beach!" Baekhyun and Yoo-jin said at the same time. So-yul and Jongin take a look at them. So-yul raised her eyebrows.


"Beach?"


"He always wanted to visit beach." Baekhyun said as he relieved a sighs. Just then, Jongin let out a breath.


"AH RIGHT! HE TOLD ME ABOUT THAT, TOO!" Jongin said happily. Baekhyun finally smiles widely.


"Alright! Let's go get him!" 

 

 

Taeyong sit at the warm sand as he eat his cup noodle. He put his shoes beside him and watching the waves that seems so calm today. Not many people at the beach now, since it's weekdays. There's a little girl who just learn to walk, walking towards her father cutely. Her father feels so happy as he hug her tight. Taeyong smiles watching them.


This is what he likes. Watching someone smile happily. He never asked for anything, he just want to see everyone in this world smile. That's what he said during the interview for volunteer project in Japan. He wants to create a world that full of happiness.


Maybe, his father put his high hope to Taeyong that one day, he would inherited Baekil Law Firm that he build with his own hands. He wants to see his son as the success lawyer in the future. But of course, everyone has their own dream. And Taeyong's dream is not as luxurious as his father wants.


Taeyong sighs. He drinks the noodle's broth and about to put the empty cup to the garbage, when someone catch his attention as she's staring at him. Taeyong's eyes widen in shocked as soon as he's looking at the girl in front of him.



"Look at you! Eating cup noodle and enjoying the scenery all by yourself!"



Taeyong just quiet. Yoo-jin put her hands on her hips, pretending to look angry.



"Do you think running away can solve your problem?! It only makes everyone worried about you!"



Taeyong's eyes softened. Then, he smiles.



"How can you know i'm here?"


"This is one of the places you want to visit in Korea." Yoo-jin said as she walks approaching him. Yoo-jin take a look at him.



"If you want to runaway, go to a place that no one knows! Geez!"



Taeyong laughs. Soon, he walks closer to Yoo-jin and he hug her. Yoo-jin widen her eyes in surprised.



"I don't think i could run. Because my friends will come to find me."


And with that, Yoo-jin smiles. She pats Taeyong's back.


"Aigoo.. What a trouble maker! Run again and we'll definitely kill you!"


Taeyong smiles. He take a look at Yoo-jin.



"Thank you. For coming to me."



Yoo-jin smiles. She nods as she gives him a can of peach soda. Taeyong chuckled.



"How can you eat without buying a drink?"



Taeyong smiles as he take the soda. Just then, a ball coming into his direction. Taeyong quickly catch the ball. He turns his head.



"YAH!! DON'T TOUCH MY GIRLFRIEND!!"



Taeyong laughs as Baekhyun looks furious walking at him. Jongin and So-yul walks behind Baekhyun as they wave their hands.


"Oy, trouble maker Lee! Is that cup noodle tasty?" Jongin said as he bring a bag of snacks on his hand. So-yul chuckled.

"You can't eat delicious food without us, you traitor!" So-yul said loudly. Taeyong smiles widely.


"Tsk! How can you laugh when all of us almost crazy because of you?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at him. Taeyong chuckled.


"You know i don't know Korea that well. I won't run that far."


Baekhyun chuckled. Then, take the ball and hit it on Taeyong's shoulder. Taeyong surprised.



"Yah!"

"That's for hugged my girlfriend without my consent!" 

 

Taeyong laughs. Just then, he throw sands into Baekhyun. Baekhyun chuckled.



"Yah! This is a war!"



And with that, the boys start to running like a little boy playing around as they throw sands to each other. Jongin quickly run and join them. Soon, the three playing around like a little kids as they try to throw Jongin to the water. Yoo-jin and So-yul laughs watching at them.


"I suddenly forget about what happened last night." So-yul said as she's looking at around her. A tranquil beach with only them and several people that enjoying the sunny and warm sands. Yoo-jin nods.


"I also suddenly forget.. That i came from the future."


Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun, who's happily throw Jongin's shoes to the water and got his jacket throw to the water as revenge. Yoo-jin smiles.


"I also forget.. That he can looks very happy." 

 

 


"Aigoo~ What a long day." Baekhyun said as he stopped his car in front of Yoo-jin's house. They're already return to Seoul and Yoo-jin is the last one in car. Baekhyun stretch his body.


"It's been a long time i'm playing around like that. This is as tired as workout!" Baekhyun nags as he massage his hands. Yoo-jin just smiling looking at him.


"Aish.. They don't know that i'm 28 years old." Baekhyun keep nagging. Yoo-jin laughs. Baekhyun take a look at her.


"What?! Why are you laughing?! Don't you see i'm so tired now-


Yoo-jin suddenly kiss Baekhyun's cheek. Baekhyun surprised. He blinked his eyes.


"What? What's this.."

"I'm sorry, for earlier." Yoo-jin said as she hold Baekhyun's hands. "It's a normal reaction for a friend, right? Just like when you hug So-yul on her wedding day. That's just the same."


"Tsk! But So-yul and i don't have such a feelings like-


Yoo-jin kiss Baekhyun's lips. Then, she bit her lips.


"I don't have any kind feelings towards Lee Taeyong, too. You know it very well, right?"


A smile slowly formed on Baekhyun's face. Baekhyun chuckled. He take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Say that you love me."


Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief. She take a look at Baekhyun.


"Do i need to say that?!"


Baekhyun nods. "Why not? I always say it."


"No, you aren't!" Yoo-jin said cheekily. Baekhyun gasped in disbelief.


"Hey, i'm the only one who always said that during the call! And when i walked you home! And when i hug you, when i-


Yoo-jin kiss Baekhyun's lips again. But this time, Baekhyun doesn't let go of her as he pulled her closer to him, hands around her tiny face, as he fills his lung with her scents. Without they realize; or maybe they realize it; the kiss turns into deeper as the tongue involved, turns their light kiss into the passionate one. Baekhyun's hand slowly move into Yoo-jin's waist and in a split second, Yoo-jin already on top of his body. Both of them staring at each other.


"Yah."

"As if you never did this."


Yoo-jin laughs. Baekhyun also laughs. Then, he pull her into his arms.


"Since we're still in college, and this is in front of your house, let's not make it too wild."


Yoo-jin chuckled. She nods. She leans her head into Baekhyun's chest.


"Baekhyun."


"Hmm?"


"If the future doesn't change.. Will you still beside me?"



Baekhyun take a look at her. Then, he smiles.


"Even if the future still the same; that Choi Jae-hyuk still become my brother-in-law, i won't leave you."


Baekhyun pats Yoo-jin's back softly. He take a deep breath.


"I learned that no matter how tough it was, we can get through it. We can fight Choi Jae-hyuk. Nothing can seperate us."


Yoo-jin take a look at him, then, she smiles. Baekhyun take a look at her, then, he kiss her forehead.


"I'll never leave you, Yoon Yoo-jin."


Yoo-jin chuckled. She take a look at Baekhyun as she caress his cheek.


"But don't you think.. It's really cramped here?"

"No. It's very warm and cozy."

"You won't let me going to my house?"

"Should we do it on your room, then?"

"Baekhyun!"

"You haven't said that you love me."

"Is this not enough for you?"

"No."

"Tsk!"

"What?"

"I love you." 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone! Troublemaker Lee is making everyone worried for real yet he leisurely enjoying his cup noodle 😂 ooh i'm trying hard to make the kiss scene looks appropriate and it seems a bit appropriate? 🤣 Enjoy the story!