26: You Know It's Love, When..

Love, 18 Again

"Thank you! Please come again!" Minseok said warmly as he close the door. He turns his head and found So-yul clean the table. Minseok smiles. He walks approaching So-yul.
 


"Let me help-
 


So-yul suddenly walk to the kitchen without saying anything, leaving Minseok dumbfounded. Minseok raised his eyebrows, surprised.
 


"What's wrong?"



So-yul put the dirty plates on the sink. Then, she let out a sighs.


"Ah.. Really. It's very hard to avoid him. Really!" So-yul said as she ruffles her hair in frustration. Then, she takes out her phone and makes a call.
 


"Hello? Yoo-jin? I REALLY CAN'T DO THIS!"
 


"What? You're working now, right?" Yoo-jin said as she rolls her body on Baekhyun's bed. Baekhyun places his ear on Yoo-jin's phone, trying to eavesdropping their conversation.


"Avoiding Minseok sunbae! AAARGH I think i'm going crazy! How can i avoid his dazzling eyes? His warm voice that melt my heart? His presence that always makes me feel like i'm safe!" So-yul said as she opened the back door. Then, she let out a sighs.
 


"Yoo-jin ah.. Eventhough he's someone's boyfriend.. I can't stop liking him!"
 


Yoo-jin chuckled as she hear her friend's complaint. Baekhyun shakes his head as he's trying hard to hold his laughter now.


So-yul groans. She leans her head to the wall.


"What should i do.. Yoo-jin ah? Should i quit this job? But we often come to the library. Should i quit from law school then? AAAAH THIS IS CRAZY!" So-yul said as she sighs.


Yoo-jin smiles. Then, she let out a breath.
 


"Yah, Eun So-yul. Be honest to me. How much do you like Minseok sunbae?"
 


So-yul blinked her eyes. She thinks for a while.
 


"Well.. Whenever i saw him.. My heart beating really fast. You know that saying about "butterfly in your stomach"? I can feel it when i'm with him.."



So-yul sighs. Then, she smiles bitterly.



"...and i feel it for the first time, because of him."



"Woah.. I'm so touched." Yoo-jin said as she's in awe. Yoo-jin leans her head to Baekhyun's shoulder.



"He's your first love?"



So-yul chuckled. She take a deep breath.



"You can say that."



So-yul take a look at the sky. The stars shining brightly above her. So-yul smiles.


"You know it's love when you still care for him. When you take his works because you know he's very tired all day long. You brought a juice and put it on the fridge so he could drink it without knowing who's the person who brought it. You learn to cook his favorite food and makes your family sick of it. Geez, my mother complaining for a week straight because i keep making a sandwich every morning."


Yoo-jin smiles as she's understand what So-yul has been through. Yoo-jin let out a breath.
 


"And you even keep doing that eventhough he doesn't know about it."
 


"Exactly." So-yul said as she's laughing. Then, she let out a sighs.
 


"You know? It's fine if in the future, i can't be with him."
 


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. She just quiet.

So-yul smiles. She lowering her head.
 


"But i wish.. He would be with someone who loves him more than me."


A pair of shoes froze on it's position after hearing So-yul's words. Minseok just quiet. He's staring at So-yul's back.


In fact, he has been there for the entire time So-yul talks to Yoo-jin.
 


"That girl looks so pretty, you know?" So-yul said as she cross her arms. "She looks like someone from a wealthy family. She looks very elegant. She had a beautiful smile. I bet her coat is from a luxury brand.. Aigoo.. I wish i could brought one for me."
 


Minseok blinked his eyes. He's looking at So-yul. His expression is unreadable.


"Yah! You talked to much! Hurry go back to work!" Yoo-jin said as she laughs. So-yul also laughs.


"I talked too much again, right?"


Yoo-jin nods. "Go back to work so you can buy that expensive coat! The guy beside me keep bumping his head on my shoulder because he can't start the movie." Yoo-jin said as she take a look at Baekhyun, who keep bumping his head on her shoulder. So-yul chuckled.


"Tsk, tsk! Just married then, both of you!"


Yoo-jin laughs. She leans her head to Baekhyun's head.


"I'll marry him in the future. See you tomorrow!"


So-yul smiles as she put her phone to her pocket. She stretch her body as she let out a breath.


"Did he already drink the juice?" So-yul said as she blinked her eyes. She turns her body to the back.


And no one's there. 

 

 

"Aigoo~ What a touching conversation!" Baekhyun nags as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin chuckled.


"28 years old Yoo-jin can feel 18 years old So-yul's struggle, you know?" Yoo-jin said as she take a look at Baekhyun's laptop. Then, she take a look at Baekhyun.


"Why don't you play the movie now? I already finished."


"Tsk! I don't want to unless you kiss me as an apologize!" Baekhyun pouted as he hug his bolster. Yoo-jin take a look at him in disbelief.


"What?!"

"I only said it once." Baekhyun said as he shut his eyes, waiting for Yoo-jin to kiss him. Yoo-jin gasped in disbelief.


"Aish! Really!" Yoo-jin said as she kiss Baekhyun's lips. Soon, Baekhyun smiles. He take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Can i kiss you then? I don't know but nowadays.. I feel like i'm craving for your lips more and more. Can i? Can i? Yoon Yoo-jin can i?" Baekhyun said cutely as he's looking at Yoo-jin, full of hopes. Yoo-jin just quiet. Then, she click the play button and the movie start. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"Yay movie time!"


Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Then, he jokingly headlock Yoo-jin.


"Yah! Yah!"

"How dare you playing with my heart?!" Baekhyun said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin groans.


"Let me go, you stupid!"


Baekhyun suddenly quiet. Then, ha take a look at Yoo-jin.
 


"What do you mean by 28 years old Yoo-jin can feel 18 years old So-yul's struggle?"
 


Yoo-jin thinks for a while. Then, she smiles.



"We do everything for someone we love without they notice it. And we don't even care if that person notice it or not."



Baekhyun just quiet. Yoo-jin take a look at him.



"I learn to cook all of your favorite dish. I even asking your mother how to make your favorite kimchi jeon. I learn to bake, learn to make an Americano, and learn to do the house chores. My mom sometimes scolds me because i just learn the house chores when i already that old." Yoo-jin said as she laughs. Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-jin. Then, he take her into his embrace.



"Thank you."



Yoo-jin smiles. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"For what?"

"For staying by my side.. Even after all this time. Even after i hurt you."



Yoo-jin nods as she smiles. Baekhyun smiles. He quietly lean his face closer to Yoo-jin, about to kiss her when suddenly, someone barge in into his room.



"Omo."



Baekhyun and Yoo-jin quickly avoid each other's eyes as Baekhyun looking at his laptop while Yoo-jin pretend to play with her phone. Sungyeon blinked her eyes, still surprised. But then, she smirks.


"I won't tell eomma you brought your girlfriend to your room." Sungyeon said as she winked. Baekhyun sighs. He throw his pillow towards Sungyeon.
 


"Go away!!"
 


Sungyeon laughs happily as she close the door. Baekhyun and Yoo-jin relieved sighs. Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun.


"You said that no one would come home early today!"


Baekhyun shrugged. "I don't know she would come home early."


Yoo-jin groans as she burried her face on the pillow. Baekhyun laughs. He take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Why? Isn't it better if we get married now?"

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!!" 

 

 

"The wind it's too strong today!" The owner said as she close the door. She take a look at Minseok, who's packing his things.


"Are you okay? It's very cold and you only wear your jacket!"


So-yul quietly turns her head. She's looking at Minseok. As what the owner said, he only wears his jacket.


"I'm fine, for real!" Minseok said as he smiles. Then, he put his backpack on his shoulder.


"I'm going now, good night, Mrs. Kang!"


The owner nods as she's looking at Minseok, who walks out from the restaurant. Then, she let out a sighs.


"Aigoo.. Should i knitted a scarf for him? He doesn't even have any scarf."


So-yul just quiet. Then, she turns her attention to the plate again as she's washing the dish.



"Good night!" So-yul said as she close the door. Soon, she can feel the cold air. So-yul freezing as she only wear her sweatshirt.


"Gosh, is it really September? It's really cold!" So-yul said as she hug herself. She quicken her pace as she can't stand the cold wind.


"Aish! I should bring my scarf tomorrow!"




"Today is really cold. It doesn't feel like summer anymore." Chae-young said as she let out a sighs. She take a look at Minseok, who drives beside her.


"Don't you feel cold? You only wear your jacket since this morning."


"I'm fine. I wear sweater inside my jacket." Minseok said as he shows her his light grey sweater inside his navy jacket. Chae-young laughs.


"What they said was true. You came from the North Pole, aren't you?"

"Maybe." Minseok said cheekily. Chae-young laughs.


Minseok chuckled. Then, he stopped the car as the light turns into red. Minseok lean his head to the window as he's looking at the outside.


Just then, his eyes caught someone.



"Cold! So cold! I really hate cold wind!" So-yul said as she keep nagging while hugging herself. People around her doing the same thing, too, as today is really cold. So-yul sighs.


"I really need warm fishcake soup, really."


Minseok staring at So-yul, who keep nagging as she hug herself. Minseok think of something.


"I want some fishcake soup. It must be very warm." Chae-young said as she cross her hands. Minseok just quiet.


"What do you want to eat, Minseok ah? Should we stop at the tteokbokki tent first?" Chae-young said as she take a look at Minseok. But then, Minseok take off his seat belt and walking out from the car. Chae-young widen her eyes in surprised.



"MINSEOK?! KIM MINSEOK?!"



Minseok take off his jacket. Soon, he can feel the cold air blowing into his body. Minseok let out a breath. Soon, he quicken his pace and walks approaching So-yul, who walks into his direction.


So-yul let out a sighs. She turns her head.


But then, she froze on her position.


Minseok walks to her direction, with his jacket on his hands.


So-yul just quiet. She's staring at Minseok. 

 

"Am.. Am i dreaming?"


Minseok stopped in front of So-yul. Without saying anything, he quickly put his jacket around So-yul's body. So-yul widen her eyes in surprised. She take a look at Minseok.



"Sunbae.."



"It's very cold today. Call the cab." Minseok said as he smiles. Then, he pats So-yul's head.



"Good night, Eun So-yul."



Minseok quickly run to the car. So-yul is still there. Frozen on her position. Still surprised and trying to figure out what just happened earlier.


"Aigoo.. So cold!" Minseok said as he quickly put his seatbelt on and soon, the light turns into green. Chae-young looking at him in disbelief.
 


"You're crazy, Kim Minseok!"
 


Minseok just laughs. He take a look at Chae-young.
 


"What do you think about her, my friend?"
 


Chae-young chuckled. She thinks for a while.
 


"Well.. She's cute. I can't see her clearly though because it's too dark."


Minseok smiles. Then, he take a look at Chae-young.


"Yah, lend me your jacket! It's really cold outside!"
 


So-yul still frozen on her position. She hold Minseok's jacket tight. Her expression looks unreadable. 

 


Baekhyun driving by himself, heading back to his home after dropping off Yoo-jin on her house. He turn on the radio and soon, Boys Before Flower's OST, Something Happened To My Heart can be heard.


"Ooh~ What a good song~" Baekhyun said as he start to sing along.


"Jeongmal gaseumi eotteoke dwaennabwa~
Nunmeon sarang-e baboga dwaennabwa~"
(Really something must have happened to my heart~
I must have become a fool blind by love~)


"Woah, it's been a long time since i heard this song played on the radio!" Baekhyun said as he laughs. Just then, the light turns into red. Baekyun leans his back to the seat as he humming to the song, waiting for the light turns into green.


Just then, something caught his eyes. Baekhyun squinted his eyes.



"Why don't the light turns into green? It's been 5 minutes."



Soon, Baekhyun's eyes widen in shocked as he sees the traffic light again. The traffic light, that brought him and Yoo-jin back to here, 2010. It's there again.


Baekhyun still looking at the light, he can't believe what he just saw.



"That traffic light.."



Baekhyun blinked his eyes. He shut his eyes and then looking at the traffic light again.



But it's still there.



"It's.. It's back."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyonee! So-yul is trying hard to move on but then boom! Minseok being such a sweet man😍 aand still remember the way Baekhyun and Yoo-jin going back in time? That's the traffic light in chapter 1 (smirk). Enjoy the story!