24: Foolish Love

Love, 18 Again

"Oh? It's raining.." So-yul said as she's staring at the windows. So-yul let out a sighs.



"I didn't bring my umbrella, geez."



"Is it raining outside?" The owner said as she's looking at So-yul. So-yul nods.



The owner just quiet. But then, she remember something.



"Ah, right! Minseok said to give this to you." The owner said as she's looking for something under her desk. So-yul raised her eyebrows. She walk approaching the owner.
 


"What?"
 


"Here!" The owner said as she takes out an umbrella. So-yul blinked her eyes.
 


"He..-



"He said that it's going to be raining soon and he was right, and he told me to give this to you since you may not bring your umbrella." The owner said as she give the umbrella to So-yul. So-yul surprised. She takes the umbrella.
 


"Where.. Where is he anyway?"
 


"He already left 30 minutes before you arrived. He said he had a project so he left with his friend. Aigoo.. He's so busy yet he still work so hard." The owner said as she leave her desk to the kitchen. So-yul smiles widely. She take a look at the umbrella on her hands.
 


"He.. He wants me to use his umbrella?"
 


So-yul can't help but smiling happily. She bit her lips as she's trying to hold her smile. She quickly put the umbrella on her bag and return to clean the table. 

 

The next morning

"Heol." Jongin said as he's looking at the umbrella, then to So-yul. He shakes his head in disbelief.


"How can our Minseok hyung did that? Did he slowly lose his mind after he overworked himself?"


"Probably." Taeyong said as he laughs. Then, he take a look at So-yul.


"Yah. Stop staring at that umbrella. People might think you're crazy."


"She is." Baekhyun said as he take a seat beside Yoo-jin, who also staring at So-yul in disbelief. Baekhyun calmly drink his banana milk.


"She's totally crazy now. We should take her to the hospital."


"Shall we?" Taeyong said as he chuckled. Yoo-jin turns her eyes to So-yul.


"Yah. Stop staring at that umbrella! You've staring at it for almost an hour."


"How can i?" So-yul said as she take a look at Yoo-jin. A wide smile appears on her face.


"Why he think to give his umbrella to me? I could use any umbrella at the restaurant though.." So-yul said as she's smiling like a crazy. "Aaah! I'm so happy!"


"He just didn't want you to get sick because no one could back up his work." Jongin said as he cross his hands. Taeyong, Baekhyun, and Yoo-jin laughs.


"Now you said that, it's probably right." Baekhyun said as he laughs. So-yul glares at them.


"Yah! Stop ruining someone's happiness!"


"Anyway.. Who's that friend of him? You said the owner saw him picked up by a car, right?" Yoo-jin said as she drink Baekhyun's banana milk. So-yul blinked her eyes.


"I don't know.. The owner didn't say who it was."


"Omo? Probably another pretty medical school's student that hit on him?" Jongin said teasingly. So-yul glares at him.


"HOW DARE YOU SAID THAT!!"


"But he's very famous among the girls in medical school." Taeyong said as he take a look at So-yul, as he remember how the girls keep coming to brought him food back then when they're doing a volunteer work at Incheon. "They're even coming from Seoul to Incheon just to give him a box of salad."

"Really?!" Jongin said as he surprised to hear that. Taeyong nods. Baekhyun and Yoo-jin just looking at each other quietly.

So-yul suddenly quiet. She quietly lowering her head as she's staring at the umbrella.

 


"Yaah.. It's really raining." Jongin said as he's staring at the sky. All of the students stuck in front of the class as they don't bring their umbrella. No one ever thought today would be raining, too. Taeyong sighs.

"We just need to run to our car. Let's run." Taeyong said as he take a look at Jongin. Jongin shakes his head.


"I don't want to!! I'll get cold as soon as the rain touch my body!!"


"Aigoo.. What a coward!" Baekhyun said as he take off his jacket. He take a look at Yoo-jin.
 

"Let's go! Let's just run to the car!" 

Yoo-jin take a look at So-yul. "You'll be alright?"


"Sure. I have an umbrella, don't you forget?"


Yoo-jin smiles. Then, she nods.


"I'll go first, okay? Since he looks like going to do some movie's scene." Yoo-jin said as she take a look at Baekhyun. So-yul laughs.


"Yah! Byun Baekhyun! Don't you dare to copying Jo In-sung in The Classic!"

"Who says? I'm going run like Lee Jung-jae in his action movies!"


Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief. She take a look at So-yul.


"See you tomorrow!"


So-yul nods. She waves her hand to Yoo-jin. Then, she let out a sighs as she's staring at the umbrella on her hands.
 


"What?! What will you do now?!" Yoo-in said as she take a look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiles. Then, he hold Yoo-jin closer to him as he put his jacket on top of them, as their umbrella. Like how Jo In-sung do that to Son Ye-jin in movie The Classic.


"It's probably a bit slippery. Don't run too fast."


Yoo-jin smiles. She nods.


"So.. We are going to run like Lee Jung-jae in his action movies?"


Baekhyun laughs. He take a look at Yoo-jin.



"No. Let's be like Jo In-sung in his romantic movie this time."



Yoo-jin laughs. And with that, both of them run under the rain together, with Baekhyun's jacket as their umbrella. Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-jin.



"Should i sing? Neoege nan~"



Yoo-jin laughs. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"Stop that! You're not Jo In-sung!"

"Haejillyeok noeulcheoreom~"

"Stop that, Byun Baekhyun!" 

 

Baekhyun laughs. Both of them laughing happily as they run to Baekhyun's car under the rain. Something that they never did before for 9 years.


Taeyong just staring at the two. Then, he quietly let out a sighs. 

 

 


"Yaah.. It's raining again." The owner said as she's staring at the outside. She cross her hands.


"No one would come for today. Geez."


The owner let out a sighs. She turns her body, then, she find Minseok packing up his things.


"It must be a really big project?" The owner said as she take a look at Minseok. Minseok smiles.


"I'm sorry.. I can't work full time too for today."


"That's fine. I have a lot of people and i can even serve 7 tables by myself." The owner said as she put her hands on her hips. Minseok smiles widely.


"I'm going now.. Then. Annyeonghaseyo!"


The owner raised her eyebrows. She take a look at Minseok.


"But it's still raining. Will you be fine?"


Minseok nods as he smiles. "My friend pick me up with car. I'm going, then." Minseok said as he bows politely and soon, he walk out from the restaurant. The owner nods.


"Aigoo.. Lucky him."

 


So-yul walking back to the restaurant after put some garbages. She's using Minseok's umbrella. So-yul let out a sighs.


"Ah.. Really. Until when it'll be raining like this?"


So-yul turns her head. Just then, something caught her eyes. So-yul blinked her eyes rapidly.


"Isn't that.. Minseok sunbae?"


Minseok is there, in front of the restaurant as if he's waiting for someone. Soon, a girl appears with an umbrella as she run towards him. So-yul surprised. She hold the umbrella tight.


"My car can't reach here since you know i'm a bad driver during the rain!" The girl said as she take a look at Minseok. Minseok smiles. Then, he takes the umbrella from her hands.


"Aigoo.. Your coat is all wet now, Chae-young ah. Let's go." Minseok said as he hold her closer to him so she wouldn't get wet. That girl, Chae-young nods as she smiles. Soon, both of them leave from there.


So-yul just standing there, froze on her position while holding the umbrella tightly. The moment when Minseok hold that girl and smile to her keep replaying on her head. 

 

"For the first time in my life.. I fall in love for real to someone. I fall in love at him at the first sight. Mostly, i just like a guy randomly and dated them for only two months, i don't care if i'm the one who dumped them or i'm the one who got dumped. I always act like that." 

 

Slowly, So-yul's tears fall from her eyes to her cheek. So-yul just quiet. Still on her position, staring at Minseok's position before. 

 

"But this time, it's different. I'm afraid i would be hurted. I'm afraid of his reaction to me. I'm afraid if i actually make him sick and tired of me. I'm afraid this would turn into an unrequited love." 

 

"Take care, So-yul ssi! It's still raining outside!" The owner said as she shouted from the kitchen. So-yul just nods. It's still raining. So-yul take a look at the sky, then, she takes out the umbrella.


"Why'd you need to be so kind towards me? The umbrella? Tsk! You give me this umbrella because you're using your girlfriend's umbrella?" So-yul said as she's staring at the umbrella. Then, she put it inside her bag.


"Who needs your umbrella? I'm that Eun So-yul! I'm strong enough to not catch a cold!" So-yul said as she walks under the rain, without using the umbrella. Everyone staring at her weirdly as she's the only one who doesn't use an umbrella.

 

"I never know when you love someone, you actually afraid of getting dumped. You actually scared he'll choose another girl that can love him more than i love him. I never know that i would be really scared of things i didn't scared back then.." 

 

So-yul hold her tears at first, as she still walking under the rain. But then, her heart gives up. She can't endure the pain. So-yul cries loudly as she's running now. Under the rain. Makes her tears disguised as a droplet of water from the rain. She doesn't care about people around her. She just want to cry.


"...i'm scared he would choose another girl. I'm really scared about it." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone! I've got monday blues these past week.. (sighs) Aigoo.. So-yul.. Don't cry 😥 Enjoy the story! 💜