10: The Beginning

Love, 18 Again

"Wow. It's a rare moment that District Attorney Byun coming home at this hour." Sungyeon said as she whispering to her mother. Both of them is preparing a dinner.

"Yeah. Is he finally going to retired?" Baekhyun's mother said as she stir the soup. She let out a sighs.


"Or is he going to divorce me?"


Sungyeon gasped in disbelief. "Eomma! How can you say that!"


"He never coming home at 5 PM and suddenly come home at 5 PM and asking for doenjang jiggae! You better pack your clothes now." Baekhyun's mother said as she put the tofu into the soup. Sungyeon groans.


"AAAH EOMMA!"



Baekhyun's family having a dinner together. But somehow, the environment feels really awkward with their father sitting in the middle, calmly eating his food. Baekhyun staring at Sungyeon. Sungyeon staring at Heekyung, and Heekyung staring at their mother. Their mother sighs. She glares at them and the three of them quickly eat their food.


"You're rarely come home at this hour." Their mother finally said it. Baekhyun, Sungyeon, and Heekyung turns their eyes again.


"I'll have a meeting at 7 PM. I come home to change my clothes and since i saw Baekhyun here, it's better if we have a dinner together." Their father said without even looking. Sungyeon relief a sighs. Baekhyun take a look at her.


"Why?"

"At least he's not going to divorce eomma."


Baekhyun chuckled in disbelief. Then, his father turns his eyes to him.


"How's your college Baekhyun?"


"Well.. Pretty fine." Baekhyun said as he eat his rice. His father nods.


"Prosecutor Cha keep asking about you. Maybe you can work part time there if you're free." His father said without even looking. Sungyeon and their mother looking at each other.


"Sure. It's a good experience, too." Baekhyun said as he drink his water. Baekhyun just quiet. Seems like there's something on his mind.



"You hear that?! A Prosecutor is the person that keep asking you! You have a really bright future, Byun Baekhyun." Sungyeon said as she lays her body on Baekhyun's bed. Baekhyun chuckled. He flip another page of his comic.


"Don't be jealous. You're the one who doesn't want to attend Law School." Baekhyun said without looking. Sungyeon take a look at him.


"Tsk! I don't want to be a lawyer or prosecutor like our family did. Besides, it's always the guy in our family who becomes a lawyer or prosecutor. Grandpa.. uncle Il-joon, our cousin Yunho, appa.. and it must be you the next generation of justice warrior in our family." Sungyeon said as she copying Lee Jung-jae's pose in the poster in front of her, hands on hips. Baekhyun laughs.


"I know you're staring at my Hyung's picture. Stop that. He could throw up."


Sungyeon chuckled. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"You know? I'm going to marry a guy as cool as Lee Jung-jae. Or i'll just marry Jung-jae Oppa! My life will be great, then!"



Baekhyun suddenly quiet. Then, he flip another page of his comic.


"Yeah. Just don't marry a prosecutor. It's enough for our family building a dynasty like that."


"Yes.. Yes.. Mr. Nagging. I won't!" Sungyeon said as she walk out from his room. Soon, Baekhyun turns his head.


"I really meant it, noona. Because you're going to married to a corrupt prosecutor in the future and blinded by love."

*****


Baekhyun keep staring at Yoo-jin as he sits beside her. He made a ruckus this morning by taking So-yul's seat and of course, making Jongin and So-yul raised their suspicion even more. So-yul ended up yielded her seat to Baekhyun and she sits beside Jongin.

Yoo-jin sighs. She put her pen and turns her head to the guy beside her.



"What?! What?!"



Baekhyun shrugged. He turns his head.



"Well.. I want to do something and you need to help me."



Yoo-jin thinned her lips. Then, she let out a breath.



"What do you want to do?"

"Make sure Sungyeon noona won't ended up with Choi Jae-hyuk."



Yoo-jin quickly cover Baekhyun's mouth in surprised. She take a look at him. 


"Are you crazy?! You can't talk about it here!" Yoo-jin said with her eyes as she glares at him. Baekhyun sighs.

"Why not?! No one understand it though!"


Yoo-jin sighs. She leans her back to the chair. Baekhyun quietly glancing at her. Then, he leans closer to her.


"So? Want to join me?" 

 


"I'll do the part time job in your office." Baekhyun said as he take a look at his father. Everyone at the dining table staring at him.


"Good." Baekhyun's father said as he wipes his mouth with tissue. He smiles as he take a look at his son.


"You can do it tomorrow."


"Sure." Baekhyun said as he nods. Then, he take a look at his father.


"But i want to bring my friend too. Is that fine?"


Baekhyun's father raised his eyebrows. The whole family watching them excitedly. Baekhyun smile meaningfully.


The next afternoon

"This is our new part time worker, Byun Baekhyun and Yoon Yoo-jin. Introduce yourself properly." Mr. Gong said as he turns his head to Baekhyun and Yoo-jin. Both of them nods.


"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm second year Law Student, Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun said as he bows politely introducing himself. Everyone in the room looking at each other.


"Isn't he District Attorney Byun's son?!"
"Heol! I don't know that District Attorney Byun has such a handsome son!"
"So he's going to work with us?! What a refreshing view!"


"He's very handsome, right?" Mr. Gong said as he hold Baekhyun's shoulder, knowing that most of the women in the room looks very excited to see him. Baekhyun grin shyly.


"Alright, we also have another pretty woman in here. Introduce yourself, Yoon Yoo-jin ssi."


"Annyeonghaseyo.. I'm second year Law Student, Yoon Yoo-jin." Yoo-jin said as she bows politely. Baekhyun can't help but smile looking at her.


"Okay. Both of them will work every afternoon, after they finish their class. Help them to get a good experience working with us, okay?" Mr. Gong said as he looking at everyone. Everyone nods.


"Yes, Mr. Gong!"


Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-jin. He smiles happily. Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun. Then, she smiles. 


Flashback, 3 hours after the class finish

"So you already have a plan?" Yoo-jin said as she sipping on her Caramel Frappe. Baekhyun nods. He takes out his pen and his paper.


"I'll make sure at least i uncover one truth about Choi Jae-hyuk." Baekhyun said as he write Choi Jae-hyuk. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"Appa asked me to work part time at the Prosecutor Office. Choi Jae-hyuk is a new trainee under my father. If i agree with him.. I want to befriend him and make sure Sungyeon noona fall for him."


Yoo-jin surprised. She widen her eyes in shocked.


"What?!"


"After i make sure Sungyeon noona falls for him, i'll reveal one of his sin.."


Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-jin. Then, he sighs.


"Choi Jae-hyuk actually having an affair with his secretary in 2019. But he threatened me to not say anything to my father and noona. Soon after that, he was promoted as the District Attorney, replacing my father."


Yoo-jin's jaw dropped as she hear that. She gasped in disbelief.


"Why don't you tell me-


"We can't do anything about it.. Right?" Baekhyun said as he scratch his neck. Then, he let out a sighs.


"I know about it, everyone in the office know about it too. But i can't do anything. He's my superior. He threatened to framed me in a case.."


Baekhyun laughs bitterly. He lowering his head.


"I was a coward. So i keep my mouth shut rather than get my career destroyed. I don't want to make my father keep comparing me to him, and yet i don't want to hurt my family. So i keep my mouth shut and changed into someone i don't know."


Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-jin. Then, he smiles.



"Now you know.. Why i take every cases without any rest. Why i overwork myself and ended up hurting you a lot."



Yoo-jin just quiet. Her heart feels aches.


"Because i want to be on top and reveal Choi Jae-hyuk. I don't have any power to fight him, but when i'm at least promoted, i could slowly reveal him."


Yoo-jin quietly hold Baekhyun's hands. Baekhyun take a look at her.


"What? I'm fine. We can change the future now, right?"


"A woman stay beside their man because they know how to help them. At least eventhough i can't help you at work, i can help you to make sure everything will be alright for you."


Baekhyun just quiet. He lowering his head.



"I'm sorry."



Yoo-jin let out a sighs. Then, she thinned her lips.


"Well.. Let's just focus on your plan. After you uncover how bad Choi Jae-hyuk is, can you make sure Sungyeon unnie won't do anything and believe in you?"


Baekhyun smiles meaningfully. He take a look at Yoo-jin.



"I'll make sure my father knows it."



Yoo-jin smiles. She cross her arms.



"Are you sure you're not going to regret it?"



Baekhyun smiles. He turns his eyes to Yoo-jin.



"At least i'm trying. Before i finally give up."



Flashback ends. Baekhyun and Yoo-jin standing side by side behind Mr. Gong. Baekhyun lean closer to Yoo-jin as he whisper something.



"This is the beginning of our new future. Are you ready?"



Yoo-jin smiles. She nods.



"Sure. Let's save our future." 

 

 

 

 

The revenge has started😝👍 how's Baekhyun gonna do it?! Enjoy the updates! 💁‍♀️