1: You Don't Know It'll Be Like That in The Future

Love, 18 Again


"Another wedding invitation, another bouquet that'll be thrown."


"Yah.. Miss Hwang! I can't believe he proposed you that fast!" A man with glasses, Jongdae, exclaimed loudly. Loud enough for the whole room to hear that Miss Hwang, bragged about how her boyfriend that she dated for 5 months proposed her with that Tiffany's wedding ring that cost one sport car. Miss Hwang smiles widely as everyone gathered on her table.


"I was surprised. Or the truth is, i'm still surprised now. I can't believe this! I'm going to get married!"


Yoo-jin smiles as she looking at them from her tables. She feels very happy for her co-workers. It's her 7th wedding invitation, just from her from her co-workers. If you want to total it.. You may lost count.


Yoo-jin let out a sighs. She's quietly staring at the ring that fits her ring finger...


..for almost 3 years.


But there's nothing new or another move from the one that give the ring. 

 

"I never once get jealous receiving countless of wedding invitations. He said he needs more time until he's ready. And i wait for him. I know my love never changed for him this past 9 years.. So, i'll wait for him until he's ready for it." 

 

Yoo-jin types a message. She's all smile while typing the message. Even after 9 years, everytime she text him, she's still like this. Full of love, like a teenager text her crush. Yoo-jin put her phone on the table and soon, Miss Hwang come to her table.


"Yoo-jin ah, can you help me with these documents?"



Yoo-jin walks side by side with Miss Hwang. She's quietly staring at her ring. Even it's from an exclusive brand, it looks the same like the one she wears. And of course, Baekhyun won't brought something cheap though. But for Yoo-jin, cheap or expensive, it doesn't matter that much.

Maybe, it's a matter for her when she's still 18 years old. But hey, she's 28 now!


"That ring.." Yoo-jin said as she points to Miss Hwang's ring finger. "Fits your ring finger perfectly. You have such a beautiful fingers."


Miss Hwang smile shyly. Then, she sighs.


"But in several months, i need to take off this ring because it won't fit me anymore."


Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows. "Eh? But why?"


Miss Hwang stop her steps as she take a look at Yoo-jin. She bit her lips, a bit hesitated. But then, she lean closer to her as she shyly whisper something.


"I'm actually pregnant for 2 months. That's why we rushed the wedding."


Yoo-jin widen her eyes in shocked. She take a look at Miss Hwang.


"EEEEEEH?" 

 

The lights on the court room finally turned off. The door opened and everyone walking out from there. Just then, a man running out in hurry from the room as he make a bee line through somewhere. Soon, he reach someone as he standing in front of him, blocking his way.


"Prosecutor Byun!"


Baekhyun stoped his steps. He take a glance at the young man in front of him, who's none other than the new trainee in here. Baekhyun take a look at him.


"Someone must've told you earlier how i hate someone that block my way."


That young trainee, Haechan, surprised. He quickly bow towards him.


"I.. I'm sorry.. Sir. I.. I still have a question about the court earlier that's why-


"That's why you blocked my way? Stopped me in the halfway? What a way to ask a question." Baekhyun said sarcastically, makes everyone turns their attention towards them. But most of them quickly walk from there as they realize who's the one who talk with that young trainee.


Haechan surprised. He take a look at Baekhyun, a bit scared.



"Uh.. Oh.. I.. I'm sorry.. Sir. For.. Disturbing you."



Baekhyun let out a sighs. Then, he take a look at him.


"What kind of question you want to ask?" 

 

"WHAT?! SHE'S ALREADY PREGNANT?!" So-yul, Yoo-jin's love godmother said as she screamed. Yoo-jin frowned as she keep her phone away from her ear. After So-yul sounds more calm, she place her phone to her ear again as she eat her sandwich.


"Yeah. She said that she rushed the wedding because of it. What a lucky girl." Yoo-jin said as she munch her food. Yoo-jin let out a sigh.



"Should i pregnant too so we could rush our wedding?"



A laugh can be heard from the phone. Yoo-jin sounds quite hopeless.


"Yah. You'll be a newlywed in 5 months. Why need to rush it? Take your sweet time with him! Once you have a child, you'll really lost it. Look at me. Aish! He's already busy in hospital and once he come home, all he do was kiss his child who's already in a deep sleep and went straight to the bed without even touching his wife!"


Yoo-jin laughs as she hears So-yul's complaint. "Yah! Do you think just because we're sleeping the same bed for 3 years it means that he touch me? All he did was touching his works!"


So-yul sighs. She knows how much Yoo-jin already endure this workaholic fiancee of hers. But she's stay still. She didn't say anything eventhough he hurted her several times. Once, when she prepared for a surprise party for his birthday but he worked till late because forgot his own birthday. Second, when he forgot about her birthday eventhough she already make it obvious that she baked a cake and cooked a steak for them, but he ended up sleeping at the office because of work. Again, work is always the reason.


And maybe, work also the one that changed him.


"Choose a pretty dress, okay? These days, everyone wears pink. Don't forget to diet too! You need to look super amazing on your wedding day, so everything will be worth to wait!" So-yul said as she cheers her. Yoo-jin smiles. She's grateful that So-yul understand her very well.


So-yul is the only person who cheers her when everyone asked her to break up. So-yul will come with her child and brought a lot of food just to comfort her everytime Baekhyun and her fight. Sadly, it happens almost every month.


Yoo-jin hung up the call. She check the message, but he's not even read it. 

 

Don't forget we're going to check the wedding dress! ❤


Baekhyun just read the message. It was sent 2 hours ago, 3 minutes after the court started. Baekhyun take a deep breath. Then, he reply the message.


I'll be there in 20 minutes. 

 

Yoo-jin run in a hurry as she read the message. She quickly fix her make up and even spray her perfume again. She tidy up her hair and wait patiently for Baekhyun in front of her office.

5 minutes later, Baekhyun arrives. Yoo-jin quickly hop on into his cars happily. They're just seperated for 8 hours, but she already missed him again. She take a look at her boyfriend that doesn't even look interested about this wedding things and currently talked to his co-workers.


"Okay. You can go there first. I'll be there late." Baekhyun said as he take off his airpods. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"Who is it? That Mr. Park again? Or Mr. Oh?"


"A new trainee." Baekhyun said shortly without even looking. Yoo-jin nods. She take a look at him again.


"Do you have your lunch? You only drink a cup of coffee earlier."


"My staff brought a bagel earlier." Baekhyun said, still not looking at her. Yoo-jin nods.


Silence fill the car. Yoo-jin quietly staring at the outside. It's going to rain soon. Baekhyun take a glance at her.


"I'm going to come home late again. You better not waiting for me. Go eat with your parents. I'll send some money so you could treat them."


Yoo-jin just quiet. She lowering her head. This words again, that he'll be late and send money so she could eat happily with her friends or family. He always like this. But everytime he say that, she still hurted.


This time too. Her heart aches again.


Yoo-jin smiles as she hold her tears. She take a look at Baekhyun.


"You don't need to. My co-worker is going to get married next month so she'll treat us meat." Yoo-jin said as she remembered that Miss Hwang happily ask everyone to spare some time because she'll treat them meat.


But it's actually tomorrow. 

 

"Ah.. Okay. Have fun." Baekhyun said with a simple smile as he take a look at her. Yoo-jin nods with a reassuring smile on her face. Even that simple smile could make her lips automatically formed a smile on her face.

Yoo-jin turns her attention to the sky again. Quietly, tears falling down from her eyes.



"Waaah! You're so pretty! It fits you perfectly!"


Yoo-jin smile shyly. The pink dress that shows her milky skin shoulder and pretty collarbones suite her perfectly. All the workers there mesmerized by her beauty.


Yoo-jin check herself on the mirror. She smiles widely. It's really suits her! She can't help but keep looking at herself in the mirror.


"You should show your boyfriend now, he must be very surprised to see how pretty you are!" The workers said as she encouraging her. Yoo-jin smiles happily.


"Should i?" Yoo-jin said as she carefully walked out from the fitting room, looking out for Baekhyun. Everyone at the store staring at her in awe, mesmerized at how pretty she is.


"Baekhyun?" Yoo-jin said as she can't find him. Yoo-jin take a look at around her. Just then, she found him at the outside, on the phone with someone.


Yoo-jin let out a sighs. She's staring at Baekhyun through the big window. 


"Even at this moment, he still like that. Work over everything. Why does he looks uninterested? He didn't even notice that i was wearing his perfume and trying a new color for my lipstick."

 

 Yoo-jin just quiet. Just then, the worker come towards her, wake her from her daydream.


"Excuse me.. Miss? Do you want to try another dress?"


Yoo-jin let out a sighs. Her eyes still at Baekhyun.


Her sorrowful eyes.


"I think i'll try the other later."



Yoo-jin walking out from the store with her shoulder down. Baekhyun take a look at her as he just about to enter the store.


"Finished?" He asked as he raised his eyebrows. Not aware of his girl's feelings.


Yoo-jin nods. "The dress still doesn't suit me. I need to diet so i could wear it."


Baekhyun just nods. He blinked his eyes, then, take a look at her.


"Let's go back to the office, then?" 

 


The journey to the office feels really awkward. Yoo-jin only quiet and the building seems more interesting than her boyfriend. Baekhyun also quiet. Seems like he has something on his mind.


"I heard that the dress fits you well. Everyone at the store giggled about you."


Yoo-jin turns her eyes, surprised to hear that from him.


"So he actually knows it?"


"But it's still didn't fit me. I need to diet more-


"You're already so skinny and barely had any dinner. That dress didn't even that large." Baekhyun said a bit stern. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"You know it yet you didn't even bother to see your fiancee trying her dream wedding dress. You keep yourself busy with that damned work of yours."


Baekhyun suddenly brake the breaks. He take a look at her.


"That damned work of yours?"


Yoo-jin gulped. Gathering her courage to finally explode after all the ill-treatment she received from him.


"Yeah. That damned work of yours. If you didn't want to take me to the store, just say it. I can do it by myself without bothering you like this." Yoo-jin said as her voice cracked, about to cry. Baekhyun let out a sighs. He quickly stopped the car.


"Yoon Yoo-jin."


"Until when you'll treat me like this? It's been 9 years, Baekhyun. And it's our third year living together. Don't you think about our future? Don't you think about our parents? About your father that constantly asked when we'll get married-


"STOP BRINGING MY FATHER TO THIS CONVERSATION." Baekhyun said in a high tone. Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief. Tears finally fall from her eyes.


"THEN JUST SAY IT IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO MARRY ME RATHER THAN TREAT ME LIKE THIS!"


Baekhyun suddenly quiet. His eyes says it all: he clearly didn't think he want to marry her.


Yoo-jin laughs. She wipes her tears as she take a look at Baekhyun.



"So i was right all these time."



Baekhyun just quiet. He lowering his head as he moves the steering wheel, back to the road. Yoo-jin blinked her eyes as her tears keep falling down.


There's a long silence between them. Yoo-jin fight with her tears, Baekhyun fight with his thoughts. The light turns into red.


Baekhyun take a deep breath. Then, let out an audible sighs.



"Let's break up."



Yoo-jin smiles. She laughs as tears now falling nonstop from her eyes. She hold her bag tightly as she's trying to manage herself to still sane.



"Yeah. Sure. You might probably forget the fact that i'm living with you now when you even forget about your own birthday and ditched me during my birthday." Yoo-jin said as she roughly wipes her tears. Then, she smile bitterly.



"Why should i hold on into a relationship where i'm the only one who's trying here?"
 

Baekhyun let out a deep sighs, loud enough for Yoo-jin to hear. There's only the two of them in the car and the sound of rain drops can be hear clearly as no one say anything. Without they even notice, a rainbow formed above the sky eventhough it'a raining, as if the sky hear their heart and works it's own magic to both of them.

Baekhyun just keep driving. Many things come up into his mind after hearing that words, that keep repeating on his head. Slowly, distract him.



"Why should i hold on into a relationship where i'm the only one who's trying here?"



Yoo-jin's tears keep falling from her eyes. She bit her lips and quietly wiping it, trying to not make it obvious to Baekhyun that she's crying so much right now. She holds her bag tightly, hoping that they would arrive sooner or later since it feels like forever, somehow.


Baekhyun quietly glanced at her. His heart feels heavy but this relationship isn't like it used to be. There's nothing he can do to fix it anymore. It feels like it's already over actually a long ago and both of them only stay with each other because the concern of their family.


Mostly, his father. 

 

The car entering the tunnel that feels very empty when it's 2.30 PM. At least two or three cars should be there, right? But Baekhyun just driving without realizing about the tunnel that feels strange. He has a lot in his mind now, doesn't even notice that.


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. The sun shine feels to bright that she needs to cover her eyes using her palms. Yoo-jin sighs. She remember it very well that it was raining before and how come it suddenly sunny like that?


"I know it's very hard for both of us to stay in this relationship." Baekhyun said after much consideration. He take a deep breath.


"You can stay there if you want, i'm going to move to a studio near my office. I'll only take my clothes with me, don't worry about anything." Baekhyun said without even looking. His tone even sounds.. fine? Neither sadness nor sorrowful could be hear. Yoo-jin gulped. Her heart aches when she notices that he seems unbothered by this.


Baekhyun blinked his eyes. This time, he looks hesitated and quietly glanced at her.


"I brought it for you anyway. If you feel bothered, you can just throw some of my things or changed the interior-


"So that's more important for you rather than saying any sorry or your thoughts about this matter." Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief. She let out a breath.


"Fine. I'll stay there. And you don't have to worry about anything."


Baekhyun let out a sighs. Somehow, a words sorry seems very hard to coming out from his mouth. Sorry, thank you, and... love you. He never say it anymore. It's been a year since he changed into this cold Baekhyun. Very different from Baekhyun he used to be several years ago. He did realize it, but he remain silence. He's actually watch Yoo-jin all these time, since she looks unbothered with his drastically changed of attitude?

Or maybe, she keep it all inside with her all these time because her love was too deep for him.

And today everything seems clear. She keep it all inside. She's quietly working very hard on their relationship while all he did is silently waiting for her to say something about his drastic change.

Of course this won't work. They didn't communicate well. And one of the most important things that make relationship working out is communication.


The car finally passing that long tunnel, and the sky magically turns bright. Without any single drop of water in their car. Baekhyun take a look at the outside, the sky seems.. Weird? He furrows his eyebrows and as he turns his eyes to the road, he sense something wrong and weird.


"Weird. This doesn't feel like Gangnam at all." Baekhyun said as he keep driving but then, the car stopped since the light turns into red. Baekhyun looking at around him. The building also looks.. different? 

 

"Why does this journey feels very long? I need to go out from here as soon as possible." Yoo-jin said as she can't stand it anymore. She take a look at Baekhyun, who looks confused while looking at around him.


"What?" Yoo-jin said as she staring at him weirdly. Baekhyun let out a sighs. He leans his back to the seat.


"This is weird. From what i remember, when we're going out from the tunnel, there'll be your favorite patbingsoo restaurant.. Then, starbucks, yeah, it should be there too.." Baekhyun said as try to remember the position of the stores. Yeah. He can't be wrong. That patbingsoo restaurant and starbucks should be there. Without any doubt.

Yoo-jin take a look at the outside. She blinks her eyes. Yeah. It's not there like it supposed to. She take a look at around her again. This place feels unfamiliar to her.


"Why don't the light turns into green? It's been 5 minutes." Yoo-jin said confusedly. Baekhyun turns his eyes to checked the light.


And yeah, it's still red.


Baekhyun bit his lips. He's laughing in disbelief but trying to keep his mind working normally.


"When.. When did that patbingsoo restaurant build?"


Yoo-jin blinks her eyes. She thinks for a while.


"Uhm.. around.. 2015? I remember to dragged you there right after you finished your work at night."


Baekhyun nods. He thinks again, even this feels like impossible, but he keep thinking about it.


"From what i remember.. Starbucks was build a year after that patbingsoo restaurant. I think the store was actually somewhere near Apgujong, but they moved it recently to Gangnam because there's a big construction there.."


Yoo-jin laughs. She leans her head to the window.



"What now? We're going back in time?"



The silence fills the car as the two still wait patiently for the light to changed. But it doesn't seem like going to turn into green.


And just then, their sense comes back to their mind.



"No way.."

"No way.."



Both Baekhyun and Yoo-jin said simultaneously while looking at each other. Even it feels weird and stupid, but somehow, it feels right.


"CHECK YOUR PHONE!!" Baekhyun said as he takes out his phone from his blazer while Yoo-jin takes out her phone from her bag. Just then, her eyes widen in shocked as she can't turn on her phone.


"MY PHONE.. IT'S SUDDENLY NOT WORKING." Yoo-jin said in panic. She quickly takes out a power bank from her bag and charge her phone, but it doesn't work.


Baekhyun tap on his phone many times, but the screen is still black. Baekhyun nonstop trying to turn it on, but it doesn't work.


"LEND ME YOUR POWER BANK." He said frantically. Yoo-jin give her power bank and Baekhyun quickly charge his phone.


But again, it doesn't work.


"What's this? Our phone suddenly doesn't work out?!" Yoo-jin said in panic mode. Baekhyun still trying with his phone, but then, the car's engine suddenly turned off.


"Wh..What.." Baekhyun said as he realize his car is not working anymore. He quickly walked out from the car, following by Yoo-jin. Both of them walking out from the car and realize the red light disappear. Both of them looking at each other.


"The.. The red light.. It was there.. Right?" Baekhyun said as he points to nothing. Yoo-jin nods. She blinks her eyes several times, but the red light still disappear.


Yoo-jin feels scared now. She walks closer to Baekhyun.


"Baek.. Baekhyun..."


Baekhyun thinks for a while. Then, he grab Yoo-jin's wrist.


"Let's looking out for the nearest building here." Baekhyun said as he started to walk, dragging Yoo-jin with him. He make a turn to right and now, it feels like Seoul again. It's finally crowded again, with car here and there, tall buildings, many people walks crossing the street and doing their activities. Yoo-jin take a look around her. And just then, a big screen caught her attention.


The big screen display Miss A's Bad Girl Good Girl video clip. Yoo-jin pay attention to the big screen.



And just then, she stop her steps.



Baekhyun turns his head. He take a look at Yoo-jin.



"What? Do you find something-



"Miss A.. They debuted in 2010.. Right?"



Baekhyun furrow his eyebrows. "I don't know. I forget about it."


Yoo-jin blinks her eyes. Just then, a woman walks passing them. Without thinking twice, Yoo-jin quickly walk to that woman. Baekhyun take a look at her.



"Yah! Yoon Yoo-jin!"



"Excuse me.." Yoo-jin said politely as she's standing in front of the woman. The woman turns her head.



"Uh.. Yeah?"



"Uhm..." Yoo-jin blinks her eyes. "I'm sorry, but what day is it?"


That woman looking at her weirdly, but she's answering it.



"It's Thursday. July 15, 2010. Why?"


Yoo-jin's eyes widen in shocked. Her jaw dropped as she hear that woman's words.



"JULY 15... 2010?!?"



Baekhyun's eyes widen in shocked. He grab Yoo-jin's wrist as he take a look at her.



".... 2010? Did.. Did we.."



And soon, both of them realize something. A magical things that maybe only them that can understand this and everyone will not believe. Just like a sci-fi movies or dramas where the main character time travel..



"DID WE REALLY GOING BACK IN TIME?!?"


 

 

 

 

THIS IS THE FIRSST CHAPTEER. Enjoy the story! :)<3