31: We Fall in Love Again

Love, 18 Again

"YOU INVITE US?!" Jongin, Yoo-jin, So-yul, and Baekhyun said in union. Taeyong nods. He smiles widely.


"My brother wants to invite his friends so my mother tell me to bring my friends too. Since i only have four of you as my friend, all of you are invited." Taeyong said as he put the silver invitation card on top of the table. Jongin quickly take the invitation.


"You're invited to Baekil Law Firm's 15 years anniversary.. WOAH! DAEBAK!" Jongin said as he widen his eyes. So-yul quickly take the invitation card from his hands as she read it with Yoo-jin.


"This Saturday.. 7 PM.. At Shilla Hotel.. WHAT?! SHILLA HOTEL?!" So-yul said as she widen her eyes in surprised. She take a look at Taeyong.


"Daebak! I've always want to hold my wedding party in Shilla Hotel like celebrity and chaebols." So-yul said as she chuckled. Yoo-jin smiles. She take a look at So-yul.


"Yah! Gizibe! This is our chance to buy a pretty dress and high heels!" Yoo-jin said happily. So-yul nods in agreement.


"RIGHT! It's our chance to go for shopping! Let's go today!"


The girls giggling happily as they're talking about dresses and high heels. Baekhyun, Taeyong, and Jongin shakes their head in disbelief.


"Look at them drowning on their world! Aigoo~ Both of you won't turns into Song Hye-gyo and Han Ga-in just because a dress!" Jongin said as he staring at the girls. Baekhyun and Taeyong laughs. Just then, Taeyong take a look at them.


"I have something for both of you."



"Corsage?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at the corsage on his hands. Taeyong laughs. He take a look at Jongin, who sighs deeply looking at the corsage.


"So you said that you personally give this to us so we could reminiscing our high school's prom night moments?" Baekhyun said as he take a look at Taeyong. Taeyong nods.


"Bingo. My mother come with this idea. She always wanted to wear corsage on her hands so every men who invited to the party get corsage for their partners. My father and my brother got it too last night and my father quickly give it to my mother." Taeyong said as he remember what happened last night. Baekhyun chuckled while Jongin ruffles his hair in frustration. He turns his eyes to both of his friends.



"I don't have a girlfriend! Who? Who should i give this corsage to?"



"Yah. You have a lot of pretty dongsaeng and noona around you." Baekhyun said as he taps Jongin's shoulder. Jongin groans.


"Tsk. It's different. This corsage is not something to be play with." Jongin said in a serious tone. Taeyong and Baekhyun looking at him in surprised.


"Waa.. Kim Jongin. I rarely seen this sight of you~" Taeyong said as he nudge Jongin's elbow. Jongin chuckled.



"You only give corsage to someone that mean the most for you. That's how we did when we were in high school. We didn't give this to just anyone."



Both Taeyong and Baekhyun just quiet. They're drowning in their own minds. Just then, Baekhyun smiles as he remember something. 

Flashforward
February 14, 2017.

Baekhyun and Yoo-jin having a dinner in an Italian restaurant. Baekhyun quietly glancing at Yoo-jin, who's busy eating pasta happily. Baekhyun thinned his lips.


"I need to go to the restroom." Baekhyun said as he gets up from his seat. Yoo-jin turns her head. Then, she nods.


"Okay."


Baekhyun walk away from there as he still checking on Yoo-jin. After making sure Yoo-jin doesn't notice him, he quickly turns his direction to the front desk.


"Umm.. Excuse me.." Baekhyun said as he take a look at the staff at the front desk. The staff take a look at him.


"Can you.. Help me?" Baekhyun said as he takes out a flashdisk. The staff looks confused as she's looking at the flashdisk, then, to Baekhyun.


Baekhyun just smile. There's a slight nervous can be seen on his smile.



"Where's he?" Yoo-jin said as she just finished her food. Yoo-jin cross her hands as she leans her back to the chair. Just then, the song that currently played on the restaurant suddenly stopped. Soon, a voice of someone clearing his throat can be heard. Everyone looking at around them.


"Test.. Test.. Is it working?"


"Baekhyun?" Yoo-jin said as she take a look at around her. Realizing it's Baekhyun's voice but he's nowhere to be seen. Yoo-jin blinked her eyes.



"Strange. I believe it's his voice."

"Yoon Yoo-jin. It's been 6 years we're together."



Yoo-jin widen her eyes. It's really Baekhyun's voice. Yoo-jin looks confused.



"Baekhyun?"

"We've been through a lot these past 6 years. You're always there ever since the beginning of my career. You're always there, being my reason for become a good man."



Yoo-jin chuckled. She lowering her head, feeling shy.



"Yoon Yoo-jin. Aigoo.. Even calling your name makes my heart beating faster."



"Omo.." Everyone said as they looks touched by Baekhyun's words. Yoo-jin smiles sheepishly.



"Aish. What's this?!"

"Yoon Yoo-jin. Maybe.. When i was 18, i only dreamed to be a good prosecutor. You know.. When we were young, our goal is only to achieve our dream without knowing what will happen in the future."



Yoo-jin just quiet. Then, she smiles.



"But then, you come into my life. My simple dream, somehow changed after you're with me. Not only dreaming as a prosecutor, somehow, i dreaming about living my old days with you by my side."



Yoo-jin turns her head. She looks more serious now.



"These past 6 years.. I'm learning a lot about being a good and responsible man. Do you know how hard i pray that your parents would like me? I pray so hard on our way to your house when your parents invite me to have a dinner together on last year christmas. I thought.. Ah.. You really need to do your best, Byun Baekhyun. You can't missed this chance."



Yoo-jin chuckled. Her eyes start to teary.



"Everytime i pray.. I always imagine the day i kneel in front of your parents, telling them i want to marry their daughter and live happily with her. Telling them how i much i love their daughter. Telling them i can't live without their daughter. Imagining that while praying makes me cry. And it makes me pray harder.."



Yoo-jin tears slowly fall from her eyes. Yoo-jin quietly wipe her tears.



"...God, please, i want to be with her. I don't want anyone else. I just want her. Please, make us meant to be. I'll be good to her. I won't let her cry. I'll make sure she's happy. Her happiness is my happiness. I really love her."



Everyone exclaimed as they hear it. Some of them even cry because it's so touching.

Yoo-jin also cry. She take a look around her, looking for Baekhyun.



"Aish! Where are you, Byun Baekhyun?!"

"Yoon Yoo-jin."



Yoo-jin turns her head. Baekhyun is there. Standing only several meters from her. Everyone take a look at him.



"I may really bad at words. I also bad at being romantic and need to copying many words from your favorite romantic movie."



Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiles. He slowly walk approaching Yoo-jin, who still froze on her seat. Baekhyun takes out a tiny box from his pocket. Just then, he kneels in front of her. Yoo-jin widen her eyes in shocked. Everyone around there also shocked.




"Marry me, Yoon Yoo-jin."




Everyone around their looks so excited. Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun. Tears falling from her eyes.



And soon, Yoo-jin nods.



"Promise me you won't make me cry anymore."



And with that, everyone clap their hands happily. Baekhyun smiles. He quickly put the ring on Yoo-jin's wedding finger and soon, he take her into his embrace. Yoo-jin cry on Baekhyun's shoulder.


"Which part you're actually copying from my favorite movie?! Tsk! You're so bad at words!"


Baekhyun smiles. Then, he take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Aquí, Te Amo."
(Here, i love you)


Yoo-jin laughs. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"Our Times?"

"I repeat the scenes for almost 10 times."



Yoo-jin smiles. "So.. You also copying how Hsu Taiyu confess to the girl?"


Baekhyun chuckled. "Well.. I can't find an old tape like in the movie. I recorded my voice using my phone and move it to my flashdisk. You can say it's an upgrade version of that."


Yoo-jin laughs. Baekhyun also laughs. Both of them looking at each other warmly. Baekhyun caress Yoo-jin's cheek.



"So you want to marry me?"

"Only me who can marry you."



Baekhyun smiles. Soon, he hug Yoo-jin again. Yoo-jin smiles happily. The shining stars and everyone at the restaurant become the witness of their love journey.

Flashforward end. Baekhyun sit at the swing as he wait for Yoo-jin at the park near Yoo-jin's house. He hold the corsage on his hands.



"Baekhyun."



Baekhyun turns his head. Yoo-jin finally arrived. He quickly hide the corsage behind his back and he gets up from his position. Yoo-jin walks approaching him.


"You're here?"

"What's that on your hand?" Yoo-jin said straightforwardly. Baekhyun chuckled. He take a look at her.


"Do you know that you're surprisingly become more straightforward now?" Baekhyun said trying to divert her attention. Yoo-jin chuckled.


"Do you know that you're such a bad liar?" Yoo-jin said as she cross her arms. Baekhyun laughs. He let out a sighs.



"Fine. You already see it though."



Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. Just then, Baekhyun shows her the corsage on his hands. Yoo-jin take a look at him.



"A corsage?"


"Taeyong give this earlier to me and Jongin. Everyone at the party will wear this." Baekhyun said as he blinked his eyes, trying to get a good explanation. Yoo-jin turns her eyes.



"So?"

"Jongin said you give the corsage to someone that mean the most for you. That's how you did when you were in high school. You didn't give this to just anyone."



Yoo-jin laughs at how Baekhyun is really bad at words. She take a look at Baekhyun.



"Then?"



Baekhyun gulped. He feels nervous out of a sudden. Yoo-jin shakes her head as she finds it very cute.



"What, Byun Baekhyun? What's next?"

"Aish! Of course i'll give it to you! Because..-



Baekhyun suddenly quiet. Yoo-jin waiting for him.



"Because?"



"Because everytime i pray.. I always imagine the day i kneel in front of your parents, telling them i want to marry their daughter and live happily with her. Telling them how i much i love their daughter. Telling them i can't live without their daughter. Imagining that while praying makes me cry. And it makes me pray harder.."



Yoo-jin suddenly quiet. She's looking at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-jin. Then, he smiles.



"...God, please, i want to be with her. I don't want anyone else. I just want her. Please, make us meant to be. I'll be good to her. I won't let her cry. I'll make sure she's happy. Her happiness is my happiness. I really love her."



Yoo-jin just quiet. That's what Baekhyun said when he proposed her. He still remember it.


Baekhyun smiles. Then, he kneels in front of her. Yoo-jin surprised. Baekhyun take a look at her.



"Would you like to make an Americano for me every 6 AM for the rest of your life?"



Yoo-jin's tears fall from her eyes. But then, she laughs. Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun.



"You didn't say that at that time!"



Baekhyun smiles. "What did i say, then?"


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. "Marry me.. Yoon Yoo-jin."



"You want me to say it again to you?"



Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief. Then, she pouted.


"Do you need to ask it eventhough you already know my answer?"


Baekhyun laughs. He take a look at Baekhyun.



"Where's the ring, then?"



Yoo-jin takes out her phone and she takes off the ring from her phone strap. Baekhyun chuckled. Yoo-jin shyly give the ring to Baekhyun.


"Still pretty." Baekhyun said as he's staring at the ring. Then, he take a look at Yoo-jin. This time, he become serious.




"Marry me, Yoon Yoo-jin."




Baekhyun turns his head. Yoo-jin's tears falling from her eyes. Without thinking twice, she nods her head.



"Promise me you won't make me cry anymore."



Baekhyun smiles. He quickly put the ring on Yoo-jin's wedding finger and then gets up from his position. Soon, he takes her into his embrace. Yoo-jin hug him tight as she cry on her shoulder. Baekhyun take a look at her.


"Why are you crying? It's my second proposal, though."

"Because you're still not creative eventhough it's your second proposal."



Baekhyun smiles. Then, he hug her again.



"Eventhough i propose you for a hundred times, you'll still say yes, right?"

"I'll kill you during the 50th proposal. How dare you making me wait for that long?!"




Taeyong just quietly staring at the outside. He's inside his car now, in front of Yoo-jin's house. But then, he chuckled as he's looking at the car that parked right in front of his car.



It's Baekhyun's car. Taeyong just smiles. He turns his head to the corsage on the empty seat beside him.



"Eventhough i came first.. She'll wear the one that he give.. Right?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyone! Aaaand that's how Baekhyun proposed Yoo-jin back then 🤩 anyway Our Times is a 2015 taiwanese movie that's very famous in Korea. I also watched it and it becomes one of my favorite movie, you should try to watch it too so you'll know which part that Baekhyun copied 🤣 Enjoy the story!