21: I Can't Reach You, Again, Today

Love, 18 Again

Baekhyun quietly peeking at the team two's house. There's a blanket on his hand. He's trying hard not to make any noise as he's walking closer to the door. Just then, Baekhyun chuckled as he find someone he's looking for, sleeping peacefully right in front of the door. Baekhyun bend down to see Yoo-jin's face closely. Then, he smiles.



Yoo-jin moves her body as she can feel a light hit her face. Yoo-jin trying to cover her face using the blanket that wrapped around her body. But then, she wake up as she realize something strange. Yoo-jin take a look at around her. And then, she realizes something.


"Huh?" Yoo-jin said as she's looking at around her. She's alone in a car but she knows this is a car that her classmates rented yesterday. Yoo-jin quickly wear her shoes and walking out from the car with the blanket since it's a bit cold. Yoo-jin turns her head, looking for someone that brought her to here. 

 

And soon, her eyes softened as she finds that person. 


Baekhyun is there. Sitting at the edge of the beach as he's staring at the view in front of him. He's holding his knees because the cold air blowing at him. Yoo-jin smiles. She walks closer to him.


"What are you doing?" Yoo-jin said as she's standing 5 steps away from him. Baekhyun turns his head. Then, he smiles.
 


"Waiting for the sunrise. Come here."
 


Yoo-jin sit beside Baekhyun. Without saying anything, she wrapped the blanket around his body. Baekhyun take a look at her.


"Why?"


"Your hands are so cold and your nose is runny." Yoo-jin said as she leans her head into Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun smiles. He suddenly gets up from his position. Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows.


"Where are you going?"


"Okay.. Like this." Baekhyun said as he sits behind Yoo-jin. He wrapped the blanket around him and Yoo-jin. Then, he hugged her. Yoo-jin smiles.


"This is better. It's way better than the heater." Baekhyun said as he leans his head into Yoo-jin's shoulder. Yoo-jin chuckled.


"How can you know there's a beach around here?"


"Seong-woo told us last night. But no one would come though since everyone was drunk." Baekhyun said as he close his eyes, about to sleep. Yoo-jin turns her head.


"Wait. You're going to sleep?!"


"I'm so sleepy. I can't sleep with Seong-woo keep hugging me and Daehwi keep touching me. And the fact Lee Taeyong at the same place with you bothering me a lot." Baekhyun said as he adjust his position to make it more comfortable. Yoo-jin smiles.



"That's why you brought me here?"

"Probably."



Yoo-jin chuckled. She's looking at the beautiful view in front of her.


"But.. Isn't the sky is too bright now? Are you sure you don't miss the sunrise?"

"It happened 30 minutes ago. You're the one who miss it."

"BAEKHYUN!" Yoo-jin groans as she turns her body. Baekhyun laughs. He take Yoo-jin into his embrace.


"What?"


Yoo-jin just quiet. Baekhyun's husky voice in the morning make her heart beating faster. Yoo-jin blinked her eyes.


"N.. No."


Baekhyun smirks. He take a peek on her.


"Huh? You're stuttering? And somehow i can feel your heart beating faster than before?"


"No!!" Yoo-jin said as she shy. Baekhyun trying to look at her, but she keep avoiding his eyes. Baekhyun chuckled.


"Why? My voice is so y that it makes you think of something you shouldn't?"


"Byun Baekhyun!" Yoo-jin said as she smack Baekhyun's hands. Baekhyun laughs. He gets up from his position as he start to running away.


"You want to do it? Then let's do it! Let's do it baby!" Baekhyun shouted cheekily. Yoo-jin let out a sighs. She gets up from her position and start to catch Baekhyun.


"Stop saying nonsense, you ert!"


"I'm not ert. It's you!" Baekhyun said as he stick out his tongue. Yoo-jin gasped in disbelief.


"Woah! Really! Stop there!" Yoo-jin said as she run catching Baekhyun. Baekhyun also running away from her. The two playing around there. Without nobody interupting, under the beautiful morning sky. Only the two of them, enjoying their moment together.


Baekhyun suddenly stopped and it makes Yoo-jin bumped into him. Baekhyun quickly catch her.


"Yah! Huh! You make me running without warming my body first!" Yoo-jin said as she's trying to catch her breath. Baekhyun smiles. He take a look at her.


"Be honest. I still make your heart beating faster, right?"


Yoo-jin surprised. She turns her head.


"What?! N..-


Yoo-jin suddenly quiet. Baekhyun take a look at her.


"No?"


Yoo-jin just quiet. Still trying to denied it. But then, she give up as she's burried her face into Baekhyun's chest.



"Fine. I lose." 

 

Baekhyun smiles widely. Soon, his face move closer to Yoo-jin's face and pressed his lips around hers. He wrapped his hands around her waist. He kissed her softly at first, but soon, turns into a deeper kiss. Baekhyun tilted his head and Yoo-jin adjusting her head into a more comfortable position. Slowly, her hands wrapped around his neck. Both of them completely immersed at each other's soft touch, with sky witnessing their warm and deep love. 


*****


"Aish! I'm so late!" So-yul said as she run as quick as possible to her class. Thanks to last night midnight movie with Yoo-jin, Baekhyun and Jongin, she's now get in a trouble with Professor Jung, who's known for giving a punishment for every student who come late. So-yul take a look at her watch, then, she groans as she run faster than before. As if she's joining a marathon.


Minseok parked his bike as he's just arrived. He put his bag around his shoulder and make his way to his class. Take some sweet time as there's still 25 minutes before the class started. Minseok is about to take out his earphone and put it on his ear, when someone catch his attention.


That person run passing him, without realizing it was him.


Minseok blinked his eyes as he's staring at So-yul, who quickly run into her class. Minseok turns his eyes. And soon, a smile formed on his lips.



The door suddenly opened and everyone turns their attention to the back. So-yul blinked her eyes. She quietly make her way to her seat when someone clearing his throat.


"I can see you, Miss Eun. Please, close the door."


So-yul blinked her eyes. It's unlike usual Professor Jung just ask her to close the door. So-yul smile sheepishly as she walk back to close the door. But then, Professor Jung looking at her.


"I mean, close the door from the outside, Miss Eun."
 


"HOW DARE HE SAID THAT." So-yul said angrily as she remember this embarassing moment earlier when Professor Jung kicked her out from the class. Taeyong, Jongin, Baekhyun, and Yoo-jin laughs. Five of them gathered at the library after their afternoon class is over.


"Close the door from the outside? Tsk! Oh, gosh! Feels like i'm going to get a bad score this semester." So-yul said as she take a sip into her Frappe. Baekhyun chuckled.


"Your grade is already bad enough and now you're getting into trouble with Professor Jung. What a bad luck."


"No. What a bad girl. Professor Jung was right." Jongin said as he eat his muffin. Taeyong laughs. The trio get a sharp glare from So-yul.

"It's all your fault insisting to watch a midnight movie! You moron!" So-yul said as she smack Jongin's body. Jongin groans.


"It's your fault to waking up late! Not me! And besides, you're the one who forget today is thursday, and the morning class is Professor Jung's class!"


"Yoo-jin also coming late today. As usual." Baekhyun said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin chuckled.

"Who makes me sleeping at 3 AM because he can't sleep after watching the movie?!" Yoo-jin said in anger. Then, she take a look at Jongin. "It's your fault, you moron!"

"What?! Why me?! It's both of you fault waking up late!!" Jongin said as he defending himself. Baekhyun just laughs. While Taeyong, on the other side, just quiet.


"Anyway, i think i don't see Minseok hyung around." Jongin said as he take a look at around him. Then, he lean his back to the chair.


"What a sad unrequited love. We're even running to here just to secure a place for us helping your sad love story." Jongin said as he take a look at So-yul and get a glare in return. Yoo-jin raised her eyebrows.


"He must've busy studying at this hour. By the way, you're not buying anything this time?" Yoo-jin said as she nudge So-yul's hand. So-yul sighs.


"I'm afraid he'll sick of it. I'm still think for another way." So-yul said as she lean her head to the table. Then, she let out a sighs.


"What a sad love story for me. Geez."


"Aigoo~ What a sad girl." Jongin said as he shakes his head. He take a look at So-yul.


"Our hyung is such a kind man. Don't worry. He won't be sick or something like any bastard would do." Jongin said as he taps So-yul's shoulder. Then, he walk out from there. Baekhyun chuckled.


"Somehow, Jongin looks so annoying but he always comforting So-yul in the end." Baekhyun said as he cross his arms, surprised by his friend. Yoo-jin nods.
 


"Isn't Jongin look more suitable for So-yul?"
 


Taeyong laughs. "He is. Like any tsundere manga."


So-yul groans. She gets up from her position.
 


"DON'T YOU DARE TO SAY THAT!"
 


"Alright.. Alright. Let's go. We need to do our task." Taeyong said as he pack his things. Baekhyun chuckled. He gets up from his position as he take a look at Yoo-jin.


"Come on, my partner!"


Yoo-jin gasped in disbelief. A moment from this morning class coming into her mind. 

 

Flashback, an hour ago. Yoo-jin feels very sleepy as she only sleep for 3 hours, thanks to Baekhyun who keep calling her because he's scared to be alone in his room. Yoo-jin's eyelid finally give up as she use her book as a pillow and not long after that, she enters the dreamland.

"Okay. I want you to interview people from law field. Lawyer, judge, prosecutor, or anything. Ask them their struggle, hardest case, and their motto of life. The group will consist 2 until 3 person." Professor Jung said as he write it on the whiteboard. Everyone groans as they need to look for a new partner.


"So.. How? Three of us, and the girls?" Jongin said as he take a look at Yoo-jin, who's sleeping. Then, turns his eyes to his friends again. "It's better that way."


"Me and Yoo-jin." Baekhyun said as he write Yoo-jin's name and his name on a tiny paper and collect it to Daehwi. Jongin chuckled in disbelief.


"Look at you now! Love over friends! Okay, whatever! Taeyong, So-yul, and i going to interview Baekil Law Firm's owner." Jongin said as he write his name, Taeyong, and So-yul's name on a tiny paper then collect it to Daehwi. Jongin take a look at Baekhyun.


"Who you are going to interview, huh?!"


"Who else? District Attorney Byun or my uncle." Baekhyun said casually. Jongin let out a sighs.


"Ah.. Yeah. I forget your father is a District Attorney, your uncle is a Judge, and your cousin is soon to be a Judge. Pardon my bad memories."


Baekhyun just laughs. He take a look at sleeping Yoo-jin, then, he smiles. 


"She's a Lawyer and i'm a Prosecutor, don't you know?" 

 

Flashback end. Yoo-jin is now on her way to Baekhyun's house. Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun.


"Your father is a busy person. Will he come home at this hour?"


"I don't know." Baekhyun said as he's looking at his watch. It's still 4.45 PM. Then, he turns his attention to the road again.


"I just want to bring you to my house."


Yoo-jin chuckled in disbelief. She turns her head.


"So that's the actual reason?"

"Yup." Baekhyun said as he smiles cheekily. Yoo-jin laughs.


"Okay, since both of us knows your father very well, we can do it without interview your father."

"Exactly." Baekhyun said as he put his hands into Yoo-jin's shoulder, while the other hand still on the steering wheel. Yoo-jin smiles.

 


Minseok running straight to the library. He make a loud entrance to the library and makes everyone turns their attention to him. Minseok quickly bow apologizing as he's disturbing them. He take a look at around him, as if he's looking for someone.


"Oh? You're late today, Minseok ssi." One of his co-worker, Eun-jung, said as she approaching him with some books on her hands. Minseok nods.


"My class ends late today." Minseok said in an apologetic tone. Eun-jung chuckled.


"Put your bag hurry. We had a lot of things to do." Eun-jung said as she walks to a shelf and put the books there. Minseok nods. But then, he let out a sighs as he's looking at a bottle of orange juice on his hands.


"I can't give it today. You're not coming." Minseok said as he smiles bitterly. Then, he walk approaching to Eun-jung and give her the juice.


"Oh? Thank you! You rarely bought food to here since you think it might litter the library." Eun-jung said as she opens the bottle and drink it. Minseok just smiles.


"Enjoy." Minseok said as he walk to the worker room. But then, his eyes spotted the usual table where So-yul always put the paper bag. Minseok quietly staring at the table.


"Maybe not for today."
 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello everyonee! So the one who's coming to the beach for real is.. Byun Baekhyun! 😂 thanks to Seongwoo for informing him 😂🤘 Minseok... What's the reason he brought an orange juice to the library, actually? 😏 Enjoy the story!