6: That Should Be Me; That Should Be You

Love, 18 Again

I recommend you to play Jung Seung-hwan - If It Is You while reading this chapter. The song is from Another Miss Oh's OST. ❤ notes: i got the idea to write this chapter while hearing that song 😂😆

 

Flashforward
August 11, 2015

"Okay. Let's see." Yoo-jin said as she's scanning through the huge paper at the board in front of the Prosecutor Office. Baekhyun looks very nervous. He intertwined his fingers with Yoo-jin's.


"It's okay if my name isn't there. It's okay!" Baekhyun said as he try to comfort himself. "I can take the test next year and if i still cannot pass, then i'll take the next year and-


"THERE IS!" Yoo-jin said happily as her eyes widen in excitement. Baekhyun surprised. He's checking it with his own eyes.


"No. 9227 Byun Baekhyun. YOU DID IT!" Yoo-jin shouted happily. Baekhyun looks very relieved. He hugs Yoo-jin tight.


"I did it Yoo-jin ah! I really did it!" Baekhyun said as he leans his head into Yoo-jin's shoulder. Yoo-jin smiles proudly. She take a look at Baekhyun.


"I have something for you." Yoo-jin said as she takes out a box inside her bag. Baekhyun staring at her.


Yoo-jin carefully taking out the thing inside the box. Baekhyun cocked his head. Then, a smile formed on his face.


"A tie?" Baekhyun ask with a wide smile. Yoo-jin nods. She put it on Baekhyun's neck.


"I brought this because you need to look more formal now and you're going to wear a suit everyday." Yoo-jin said as she carefully tied it around Baekhyun's collar.


"You are a prosecutor now. A man that'll fight for justice."


Baekhyun smiles. He take a look at Yoo-jin with a sweet gaze. Yoo-jin turns her eyes, and their eyes meet.


"Congratulation! You're a prosecutor now! Should i call you, Prosecutor Byun?" Yoo-jin said cheekily as she finish the tie. Baekhyun laughs. He kiss her forehead.


"Call me Prosecutor Byun, Lawyer Yoon!"

Flashforward end. Baekhyun quietly staring at an empty glass in front of him. Baekhyun and everyone from his faculty is having an after party now at the barbeque restaurant. The smell of alcohol fill the whole room that already rented by their wealthy sunbae.


"Okay, okay!" Choi Siwon, that wealthy sunbae said as he put up his glass, standing in the middle of the crowd. Everyone joining him.


"To celebrate our second-year Yoon Yoo-jin's victory, who brings glory for us! CHEERS!"


"CHEEERS!" Everyone said happily. Yoo-jin also drink today. Only Baekhyun that didn't join them, but thanks to the full crowd, seems like nobody notice him.


"WOAH! It's been a while since i drink." Yoo-jin said as she put her glass. So-yul nods.


"We always resist alcohol because of morning class. But today is exception."


Yoo-jin nods. She is about to pour soju again into her glass when she catch Baekhyun that doesn't even touch the food in front him. He looks like thinking of something.


Yoo-jin quietly staring at him. She knows very well that Byun Baekhyun look.



"He must be having some thoughts on his mind."



And without she notice, Taeyong staring at her with an unreadable expression.



"IIII HAAAVEEE A DREAAAM~" Jongin sing recklessly as he drunk. He can't even walk properly that makes him ended up fall in front of the store. 

"Aish! Alcohol smell!" Baekhyun nags as he take Jongin's bag. So-yul staring at him with a disgust look on her face.


"Aigoo.. Look at him. Drinking 3 bottles by himself and ended up being a loser. You better hurry bring him home." So-yul said as she take a look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun sighs.


"I'll bring him to Chanyeol's studio. His parents will ended up scold him in the morning if they found out that their son is drinking." Baekhyun said as he remember how badly he got scolded by Jongin's parents to bring their son's home drunk.


"I should hurry too. Or that Yoon Yoo-gyeom would shouting around the neighbor that i drink." Yoo-jin said as she cross her arms. Baekhyun take a glance at her.


"I'll take you home, then." Taeyong said as he takes out his car key. Baekhyun quickly turns his attention.


Yoo-jin blinked her eyes. She take a glance at Baekhyun..


..but Baekhyun is busy with drunk Jongin.



"S.. Sure. Thank you." Yoo-jin said with an awkward smile. Taeyong nods happily.


"Yeah. Since our house is on a different way, i can't take her home. Besides, it's already a bit late." So-yul said as she cross her arms.


"It's really good for having you here, Taeyong." So-yul said as she pats Taeyong's shoulder. Taeyong just smile.


"Okay. Should we go now? Before your brother shouting around the neighborhood." Taeyong said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Yoo-jin nods. She quietly glancing at Baekhyun.


And soon, their eyes meet.


Yoo-jin surprised. She quickly turns her eyes to So-yul.


"You too, go home now." Yoo-jin said as she taps So-yul's shoulder. So-yul nods.


"Okay then. Let's go, Yoo-jin." Taeyong said as he take a look at Yoo-jin. Then, he walks to Baekhyun and Jongin.


"I'm going first. Are you okay?"


"I'm okay." Baekhyun said as he hold Jongin. Taeyong nods.


"Well then. Take care." Taeyong said as he walk towards Yoo-jin and soon, both of them walk together leaving from there. Baekhyun quietly staring at them.


"EEEVERY NIGHT IN MY DREAAMS~ I SEE YOUUU~ I.... I WHAT?" Jongin blabbering drunkenly. Baekhyun let out a sighs. He smack Jongin's back.


"Get back to your sense you moron! I told you to stop drinking but you keep drinking, you stupid!" Baekhyun said as he keep hitting Jongin. Jongin groans angrily.


"AAAH WHY BAEKHYUN YOU HIT MEEEE WHAT'S MY FAAAAULT!!!!!"


So-yul sighs as she staring at the two men beside her. She rolled her eyes.


"Stop acting like a little boy you two! Hurry go home!"


Baekhyun take a look at him. Soon, the cab finally arrived. So-yul quickly open the door as Baekhyun bring Jongin inside. Just then, before Baekhyun entering the cab, he smack So-yul's head.



"AAH! WHY?!"



"Having me here it's a good thing too, you know?" Baekhyun said as he quickly entering the cab. So-yul gasped in disbelief.



"What the?!"



Baekhyun smiles. He leans his head to the window as he stares at the night view.


"FUUUH BAEKHYUN... LET'S DRINK AGAIN.." Jongin said as he leans his head to Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun chuckled.


"You better stop drinking, Director Kim Jongin of Jaein Department Store." Baekhyun said nonchalantly. Then, he smiles widely.



"Thank you." Yoo-jin said as she take a look at Taeyong. Both of them arrived in front of Yoo-jin's house.


"Sure." Taeyong said with a smile. Yoo-jin thinned her lips. She is about to enter her house when Taeyong call her.



"Yoo-jin."



"Uh?" Yoo-jin said as she turns her head. Taeyong take a deep breath. Then, he take a look at her.



"Let's watch a movie. Just.. Both of us."



Yoo-jin just quiet. She's staring at Taeyong.



A pair of black converse suddenly stopped the steps. Baekhyun stopped his steps as he heard Taeyong's words. 

 

Yoo-jin just quiet. She blinked her eyes as she doesn't know how to react.



Baekhyun just quiet. He's staring at Yoo-jin.



"Sure." Yoo-jin reply with a smile. Taeyong smiles widely.



While the other guy frowned in the middle of darkness.



"I.. I'm going now, then." Taeyong said shyly. He take a look at Yoo-jin.



"Good.. Night."



Yoo-jin nods. She take a look at Taeyong.



"Yeah. Good night."



Taeyong smiles. He walked back to his car. Baekhyun quickly hide behind a big wall and soon Taeyong's car move passing him. Baekhyun let out a breath. Then, he walked out from his hideaway.


Yoo-jin let out a sighs. She is about to open the gate when she hears a footsteps.


"Look who's getting a boyfriend." Baekhyun said as he walk approaching her. Yoo-jin just quietly looking at him.


"What are you doing here?"


"Chanyeol's studio is around here." Baekhyun said nonchalantly. Yoo-jin take a look at him.


"So?"


"So?" Baekhyun said taken aback. He blinked his eyes.


"So.. So i'm going home now. Bye!" Baekhyun said as he turns his back. Yoo-jin sighs.



"Why don't you be the one who take me home?"



Baekhyun stopped. He take a deep breath as he turns his head.



"Why don't you ask me?"



Yoo-jin chuckled. She take a breath.



"Should i ask you for something like that?"



"Why don't you just say what the hell you feel Yoo-jin!" Baekhyun said with a raised tone. Yoo-jin surprised.



"So it's my fault after all these time?"



"I don't know what happened on you when you didn't say a damn single words!" Baekhyun said frustratedly. Yoo-jin thinned her lips. Her eyes looks teary.



"Why can't you just say sorry?" Yoo-jin said as her voice cracked. Baekhyun take a look at her.



"Say sorry for not coming home after i cooked for you during your birthday. Say sorry for not coming home when i cooked for us during my birthday. Say sorry for didn't pay attention when i tried my dream wedding dress." Yoo-jin said as she's crying. She roughly wipe her tears.


"Damn, everytime i think about the moment on that bridal shop, my heart aches so bad. I even skipped breakfast and only had a vegetable sandwich for my lunch just to make sure that dress fit me perfectly."



Yoo-jin take a look at Baekhyun. Tears falling from her eyes.



"But, did you even look at me?"



Baekhyun just quiet. Looking at Yoo-jin in tears like that hurt his heart. Looking at Yoo-jin hurted like that.. His heart also aches.


Baekhyun bit his lips, trying to hold back his tears. He take a look at Yoo-jin.



"I saw you. That day." Baekhyun said as he let tears falling on his cheeks. Yoo-jin take a look at him.



"You look so pretty. And my heart hurts for not paying attention to you."



Yoo-jin's teary eyes meet with Baekhyun's teary eyes. Both of them staring at each other, under the moonlight. On a warm days. Under the shining stars.



Baekhyun take a look at Yoo-jin. With tears still falling from his eyes.



"I'm sorry, Yoo-jin ah." 

 

 

 

 

Happy monday everyone! New updates! ❤